NHS Scotland Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

NHS Scotland Interview Questions

Interviews at NHS Scotland

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS Scotland.

Interview

Good, friendly people. The interview was online and everyone dealt well with this new way of interviewing. Interview was about 30 minutes which felt right for remote working. Would recommend

Assistant Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NHS Scotland (Glasgow, Scotland) in November 2020.

Interview

It was a Microsoft Teams interview, 3 gentlemen in a room together on video chat. The interview lasted half an hour, with each person taking turns to ask me a series of different questions about a variety of things.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the 4 tests done to check the general health of a patient   1 Answer

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NHS Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland) in August 2020.

Interview

Applied online, then panel interview on Microsoft Team. They asked me to prepare a presentation on what i would do in first 90 days. Then CV and Behavioural type questions. After the interview, they booked a time to give me feedback. But the feedback that i received was simply that i did not get that job, i would have expected more from NHS Scotland, if you are booking time to give somebody, it should have been detailed, e.g. where the candidate has been good and where the candidate did not meet the criteria. But it was not like that. A waste of time for me and the interviewer as well. If you are telling somebody that did not get the job, you could have just emailed the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have handled a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Healthcare Scientist Practitioner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS Scotland.

Interview

Overall ok process. Prepared 10 min presentation and answered a few technical questions to a group panel. From start to finish the process took about 1 month. Wished I had focused on technical questions over competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a HAI along with the bacteria or microorganism that causes it   1 Answer

Clerical Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkcaldy, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NHS Scotland (Kirkcaldy, Scotland) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied online by completing the application form and emailing it to the main recruitment department for the area. Received a letter approx 3 weeks later inviting me to interview. The interview was very basic, I was prepared for competency based questions but received none of these. I was telephoned later the same day to advise that it had been very close but they'd offered the position to another person due to them having more face to face experience than I have.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us an idea of your working background?   Answer Question
    • What was your understanding of the role and what it would involve?   Answer Question
    • What is your thoughts/feelings towards training?   Answer Question

Clinical Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied online through the NHS Scotland Recruitment website and received an email with an interview date and time a few weeks later. Had a face to face interview in Edinburgh.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NHS Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied and attended an interview for the position in Canaan Lane offices.

The job was badly advertised and not clearly advertised - no clear idea of the role; requirements of the position or the project until I actually sat at the interview chair.

So a formal interview for a professional role where I didnt know what the job involved until I sat in the interview chair.

The interview to be honest was a complete waste of time in terms of efforts made to prepare (5hrs) as it was clear that job had already been filled as the interviewers were going through the motions.

Very disinterested body language from interviewers.

Called up less than 2hrs after the interview and told I was unsuccessful.

'Fail to prepare or prepare to fail' clearly didnt apply with the role.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Data Information Policy at NHS?
      What can you bring to the role?
      Describe your last role?

A mix of competency and generic.   1 Answer

Medical Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NHS Scotland (Glasgow, Scotland) in October 2018.

Interview

There was a panel of three people, each asked three questions and wrote down answers. Whole thing took 30mins. More formal than I was expecting. No skills assessment or type test.

Interview Questions

• What do we do here? Previous lab experience? Strength/weakness? Why is quality important? Working in a team/underpressure/prioritising work load questions. Why is patients confidentiality important? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Administaion Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland) in March 2018.

Interview

30 -35 minute interview with questions asked about how I would deal with various situations as an individual. Quite thorough. Two senior staff members present at the interview,who, it turned out, were the Department supervisors.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an aggressive patient within the reception area?   1 Answer

Project Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NHS Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland) in January 2017.

Interview

Application process via a very dated system which you had to complete your application in one sitting as it didn’t save for later without errors.
    Interview date offered fairly quickly after closing.
    Took two weeks for a decision to me made

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you have had to juggle priorities in order to meet conflicting deadlines   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.