Nando's UK & IRE Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Nando's UK & IRE

2.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE (London, England) in March 2020.

Interview

The worst interview process ever.

every interaction took at least 1 week, constantly had to chase the HR for a reply. which indicates how chaotic they really are as the HR is supposed to represent the best of the company to the outside world/

the salary they offer considering the amount of firefighting and oncall duty you would have to do is very low compared to other roles in the market, its almost embarrassing.

my suggestion is either to totally avoid or if you go with an interview, try to get an offer and use the offer to negotiate a better rate with a more reputable organization that you are interviewing with.

Interview Questions

• 1 phone interview just talking about the project, I was told that they had a terrible legacy system written in .net and they had to constantly firefight to support the daily business and if coming along on call would be just part of the job.

1. coding test the usual, mars rover kata. the person who reviewd the code was totally unaware of latest best practices and so picky about the smallest things, basically unless you write the code they way he would you wont pass this stage, a total waste of time.   1 Answer

2 Apr 2020 – Nando's UK

Hey, many thanks fir your review. We're sorry to hear you felt it wasn't a positive experience - we understand you were informed around the reasoning behind the delay in providing feedback, but we have made sure your comments have been passed to the relevant teams. Hope all is well with you now.

Crew Member/Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE (Edinburgh, Scotland) in March 2020.

Interview

Phone interview first, then a 1-1 interview and then a trial shift. Quite a lengthy process for a low skill job but was a very casual 1-1 interview. Have not been for trial shift yet

Interview Questions

Nando's UK & IRE Response

10 Mar 2020 – Nando's UK

Morning, thanks for your review. Pleased to see you felt it was a positive experience, but we'll make sure your feedback is passed on to our Talent Acquisition team. Shame to see you didn't accept the offer but best of luck in your next role.

Nandoca Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE (Manchester, England).

Interview

really easy, a few situational questions. They look at how you answer them and your personality. You have a telephone call to say you've been accepted, then a face to face interview that lasts no more than 40 mins.

Interview Questions

Nando's UK & IRE Response

18 Feb 2020 – Nando's UK

Hey, thanks for letting us know about your recruitment process. Pleased to hear it was a positive one - hope all is well with you now.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wokingham, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE (Wokingham, England).

Interview

It was easy going interview with the manager. the process took 1 week after and i applied for the job. it was a morning interview so relaxed and free mood .

Interview Questions

Nando's UK & IRE Response

15 Jan 2020 – Nando's UK

Morning, thanks for letting us know about your interview process. It's a shame you declined the offer, but we hope all is well where you are now.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE.

Interview

I had a Skype interview - It didn't last long and it was very relaxed. I got asked generic questions such as greatest acheivement and why, and some more specific such as if you were to add a new meal to the Nando's menu what would it be.

Interview Questions

• If you were to add a new meal to the Nando's menu what would it be?   Answer Question

10 Jan 2020 – Nando's UK

Morning, many thanks for letting us know about your recruitment process. Hope the role is going well.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE (London, England) in December 2019.

Interview

The manager and one potential colleague asked me to talk them through my CV. They then explained a few things about how the company and the department works. The tricky bit is that although they seemed friendly, they then made unacceptable comments against me to the agency. They should have either said them to me, or not be insulting especially behind the candidate's back. I do not recommend

Interview Questions

• Talk me through your CV in chronological order   1 Answer

9 Dec 2019 – Nando's UK

Hey, thanks for telling us about this. We are sorry to hear you didn't have a positive experience when applying to work for us - we will make sure this is looked into.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Kilbride, Scotland

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE (East Kilbride, Scotland) in October 2019.

Interview

Walked in store with a CV and received a phone call the next day for an interview. After this I received a trial shift and within 3 days I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• If money was no object what would role would you be aiming to be in life?   Answer Question

23 Oct 2019 – Nando's UK

Morning, thanks for sharing your recruitment process with us. Hope all is well in your role :-)

Nandoca Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE.

Interview

They arrange a 4-hour trial shift on the day that suits you. They ask you to wear black trousers and shoes and you will get a shirt from them. Then during the 4-hour UNPAID trial shift, you are accompanied by a person that will explain to you everything that you should know and then you are left alone to see if you are enthusiastic and you are able to do some things by yourself, mostly clearing up plates and sometimes running the food. Then after four hours if the manager liked you and the way you worked they will hire you straight away or they will call you.

Interview Questions

• There is no formal interview. They might just ask you a few things about yourself and if you have previous experiences.   Answer Question

Floor Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE (Manchester, England) in July 2019.

Interview

So, I applied through Indeed, and after approximately a week I received a call of the manager, he asked a few questions like, if I have NIU, my eligibility to work, and my age, then he asked me to go for an interview the next day so obviously I said yes, the phone interview was really chilled btw, and well on the interview I met the manager and he was actually really nice, he told me to sit and then asked me to give my ID or passport so he can make a copy, after that he then gave me like a questionnaire where you'll have to put the amount the name of the restaurant you will be working with, and things like "how do your friends would describe you in 3 words?" In general the whole experience was great, after the interview the manager told me that he really liked how I answered the questions and my confidence.

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE (Birmingham, England) in June 2019.

Interview

Sent CV on indeed to Sports direct, week or so later was emailed to choose a time for interview. Interview was really chill and informal. asked about availability and why you want to work for us. am i involved in any sports and if i would work for any company which one and why

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us
      biggest weakness
      strengths   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.