Nationwide Building Society Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 239 of over 239 interviews

Recruitment Agency6%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England, England)

Interview

Single telephone stage, conversational style with a mixture of questions about technical skills, experience and general attitude. Focus is on finding architects that have some engineering capability, not ‘PowerPoint jockeys’.

Interview Questions
  • Demonstrate experience of threat modelling.
    1 Answer

Nationwide Building Society

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in Sep 2021

Interview

Applied online for their Landlord Works product, HR screening, 1st round with the hiring manager, home task (3 hours), 2nd round presenting the task + product sense. Negative experience. Despite the time investment they require from candidates, Nationwide failed to provide constructive feedback and only shared a 3 lines template. I got back asking for some constructive feedback for personal development and I've been since ghosted by all involved. Significant Lack of respect for candidates.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

83 Comments

Join the conversation on

Nationwide Building Society

Application

I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society

Interview

Two rounds. Analytical test followed by a assessment centre. Analytical test was online. Even assessment centre was online due to covid. There was no time limit on analytical questions, but your time was recorded.

Interview Questions
  • With your team come up with an idea for a project which will generate revenue.

Nationwide Building Society

Application

I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society

Interview

The interview process involved competency based telephone interview. This was followed by a competency based interview with a branch manager, a role play exercise and a numeracy test in a branch.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nationwide Building Society

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in Aug 2021

Interview

I was emailed prior to the interview 4 sections of Nationwides values that I would be interviewed on. I was then asked a question from each category in my interview. It was a very simple process and you had to make sure to use the STAR formula for every question which they explain in the email

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (London, England, England) in Aug 2021

Interview

Competency structured interview with two of the existing team, followed by 2nd stage interview with the Head of. Interview itself was good, interviewers were very friendly. Disappointing to only receive a generic rejection email afterwards with no feedback, despite chasing.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (London, England, England) in Aug 2021

Interview

2 interviews via Teams. Absolutely fine. It’s the rest of the process that’s shocking. A standard rejection email with no offer of feedback and feedback is impossible to get. The recruiter was faceless and unprofessional. Emails had no contact details on and didn’t answer the phone when I finally got their number. Really doesn’t stand up to the values you say you live by NWB!!

Interview Questions
  • Why this role and why Nationwide?

Nationwide Building Society

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society

Interview

1 interview with a lead manager and ‘Head Of’. They talked to me about the role and the team/company and then asked me about my CV/experience and asked questions in relation to their values & culture. I was then given a task to complete.

Interview Questions
  • I was presented with a scenario and had to work out different financial outcomes per scenario.

Nationwide Building Society

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society

Interview

Round 1) Timed technical test, two questions to answer in 60 minutes Round 2) Remote interview with senior engineer and engineering manager over Microsoft Teams. The interview took around 90 minutes, with behavioural and technical questions

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you had to ensure an application being developed was built to scale
1 person found this interview helpful

Nationwide Building Society

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, the first more informal phone interview and the second required a presentation. The interview was good and the panel made me feel at ease. It did take a long to time to be informed I didn’t get the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 239 Interviews