Nationwide Building Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Nationwide Building Society

2.9

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Northampton, England) in November 2015.

Interview

Competency based interview process where you are asked to highlight certain career aspects using the STAR system (Scenario Task Action Result). These questions will ask you about subjects like innovation, leadership, meeting deadlines and prioritisation. Make sure you are prepared with a few examples as there are 2 sets of questions per category which are worded differently.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time where you have had to complete a piece of work within an agreed timeframe.   Answer Question

SQL Server Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted via Linked in and after a telephone conversation an interview was arranged within 2 weeks. Interview pack was sent detailing what to expect from the interview and what they expected etc

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions... Name a time when you did X? Describe an example of etc. One scenario based question What would you do if...? And a couple of technical questions   1 Answer

Change Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Bournemouth, England).

Interview

We began with a group exercise where we debated several options with a view to making a recommendation to the board. This was followed by an individual skills based exercise and short presentation. The final stage was the interview. The whole process lasted about 2 hours. It was well organised and the ethos seemed very positive - they want you to succeed and do well.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of how you managed a group of stakeholders. How did you balance their different needs?   1 Answer

Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Northampton, England) in July 2018.

Interview

A one to one interview, escape room interview and a pitching interview. Great interview techniques that put people through their paces. Really thankful for the experience personally. The whole group felt tested and eager to pass the day with flying colours

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the Nationwide Building Society website. I was required to answer three questions on the application form and upload my CV alongside personal details.

I was invited to complete online psychometric tests (numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning) supplied by SHL.

A week later I was informed that I had been invited to the final stage of the application process, which was a competency based interview and case study. The email invite contained five competencies that I would be questioned on during the interview. At the interview I had 20 minutes to answer two questions and then present my answers to the interviewers. The interview lasted an hour and I received an offer a week and a half later.

The overall experience from application closing date to job offer was one month.

Interview Questions

• I was tested on five competencies which stem from Nationwide's behaviours.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in May 2016.

Interview

Online application, followed by face to face competency interview incorporating PRIDE question which is the Nationwide culture id advise to use a relevent one to the role. Mine was doing the right thing.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of time you influenced change in your team   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England) in February 2016.

Interview

Attended assessment with team in Swindon HQ working on computer tests, basic included excel and general software testing involving questions around computer security, everyone was helpful and wanted all to succeed.

Interview Questions

• What issues do you see facing out company over the next 5 years   Answer Question

Assistant Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in January 2018.

Interview

Applied on NHS job application portal and called interview after 4 weeks. 10 min Excel exam and interview. I was asked about how I can improve current department processes. I have asked situation questions and my previous work experiences.

IT Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in October 2009.

Interview

I was given a task in advance to write a 300 word article on a given subject.
    Additionally, I was given some information based on which i had to create a presentation which I had to give during the interview.
    Other than that, the typical kind of interview questions you find everywhere on the internet ("why do you want to work for NBS?", "What assets do you bring to the company" etc.

Internal Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Contacted via Linkedin for role from internal recruiter. Following this contact was maintained with recruiter who setup interview with Senior Manager and relevant Group Head of Audit.
    Interview was held in Swindon and process was primarily competency based, with written and verbal scenarios.

Interview Questions

• competency based questions relevant to role in addition to spelling and grammar exercise and an audit based scenario   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.