Nationwide Building Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Nationwide Building Society Interview Questions

Interviews at Nationwide Building Society

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society.

Interview

A escape room style environment had to work in a team to crack the code and escape. We were observed as we did this by about ten people on the room

Member Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society.

Interview

I applied online and the process took around 2 weeks. I received an email to schedule a phone interview. I was contacted by the recruitment team and the interview held after about 2 weeks.

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society.

Interview

Their internal recruiter contacted me, we had a good discussion but then I never heard back. Didn't have his contact details so wasn't able to followup, so applied for another role through LinkedIn but no contact on this one either.

Interview Questions

• Was just an initial screening call, general chat about the role, how they work, where the office is, salary ranges   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Telephone interview, got to mock telephone stage but was cancelled due to the job being psotponed due to concerns over social distancing . Positive expereince just disapointing it was cancelled due to current pandemic.

Interview Questions

• Describe a decision you made you thought you might regret and why?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you had to adapt to change?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England).

Interview

Online application then group interview. For some reason applying at their Swindon HQ you either need to be quite dim, know someone who already works there or be a rocket scientist! I have applied before for various roles and either get no response or told that I'm not suitable. I have GCSEs A levels and a degree!! Either that or they have someone in HR that is discriminating.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Birmingham, England) in May 2020.

Interview

The interview was a telephone interview lasted just over 10 minutes. I had received a text message prior to state that I had an interview and it would last between 5-10 mintues. The woman explained that if she is quiet she will be taking notes but was extremely friendly.

Interview Questions

• What does the job you have applied for entail to your understanding   1 Answer
    • How do you show you have determination and resilience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (London, England) in March 2020.

Interview

Sent CV (no need for cover letter) and answered 2 customer service questions. They stated they will get back to everyone once applications were closed. Exactly a week after applications closed they sent me a text and email to set up a phone interview. Phone interview took around 20 minutes and to be honest interviewer was very dry (she even alerted me if she stays quiet is because she is writing down what I answered) so I would not say is an interview but basically a question and answer as she does not engage with you. That can be quite nerve racking especially as you never really know how well you have done. Once again, exactly a week later I got invited to a video interview. They sent me an email along with the invitation that had all information on how the interview was structured so you can really prepare well. The interview process was quite relaxed as the two interviewers were super nice and open. After asking about myself they explained to me the structure and timing (strengths based interview, role play, numerical test and illustration). The interview part was really conversational and they cared about how you would react to situations based on your strenghts as well as they touched upon the importance of policies in banking. The role play is easier than it seems just be relaxed and actually embody the role. The numerical test is very simple is just based on simple addition so do bring a calculator, they just want to make sure you are good at simple maths. Afterwards, they told me that they will get in touch with an answer exactly a week after (similar to the other steps). Then exactly a week later they called me offering me the job.

Member Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in February 2020.

Interview

Simple telephone interview led to interview at branch with two local branch managers who were very friendly. About 25 minutes of questions and then very simple maths exercise followed by an exercise testing communication skills by describing a picture (geometric shapes) for one of the interviewers looking away to draw. A little informal chat at the end.

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England) in January 2020.

Interview

A really pleasant experience. I first had the telephone interview, lasted just under 10 minutes, was basic questions asking what I thought the role was, how I would be diligent and determined towards challenges, etc. I then got offered to attend an interview, where I met with two members - the face to face lasted for about an hour, and consisted of 4 parts; strength based questions, a role play exercise, an interactive exercise, and a numeric exercise. It was all pretty straightforward, and the ladies were really engaging and lovely.

Interview Questions

• How are you diligent and determined towards challenges?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Taunton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Taunton, England).

Interview

Applied online - invited for an assessment evening to get a feel for the company, followed by a face to face interview a few weeks later. The interview process was one of the best I have had, my interviewers were very kind and don’t make you feel uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• The assessment evening was around getting to know you as a possible candidate for the role, meeting the team in branch and showing your personality, a much better alternative to a telephone interview   Answer Question
    • In branch interview consisted of a role play (easier than it seems), interview questions around how you can help members etc and the reasons for policies in the branch. Along with this there was a numeric exercise of giving the right amount of cash withdrawals (how many notes coins etc) - no right or wrong answer as long as you get the right figure, and a drawing exercise where you are back to back describing a photo you have in front of you to a member of staff.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.