Nationwide Building Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Nationwide Building Society Interview Questions

Interviews at Nationwide Building Society

2.9

Member Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in February 2020.

Interview

Simple telephone interview led to interview at branch with two local branch managers who were very friendly. About 25 minutes of questions and then very simple maths exercise followed by an exercise testing communication skills by describing a picture (geometric shapes) for one of the interviewers looking away to draw. A little informal chat at the end.

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England) in January 2020.

Interview

A really pleasant experience. I first had the telephone interview, lasted just under 10 minutes, was basic questions asking what I thought the role was, how I would be diligent and determined towards challenges, etc. I then got offered to attend an interview, where I met with two members - the face to face lasted for about an hour, and consisted of 4 parts; strength based questions, a role play exercise, an interactive exercise, and a numeric exercise. It was all pretty straightforward, and the ladies were really engaging and lovely.

Interview Questions

• How are you diligent and determined towards challenges?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Taunton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Taunton, England).

Interview

Applied online - invited for an assessment evening to get a feel for the company, followed by a face to face interview a few weeks later. The interview process was one of the best I have had, my interviewers were very kind and don’t make you feel uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• The assessment evening was around getting to know you as a possible candidate for the role, meeting the team in branch and showing your personality, a much better alternative to a telephone interview   Answer Question
    • In branch interview consisted of a role play (easier than it seems), interview questions around how you can help members etc and the reasons for policies in the branch. Along with this there was a numeric exercise of giving the right amount of cash withdrawals (how many notes coins etc) - no right or wrong answer as long as you get the right figure, and a drawing exercise where you are back to back describing a photo you have in front of you to a member of staff.   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society.

Interview

After the initial application, I was asked to do a telephone interview. The lady was very friendly and I enjoyed the chat with her. All the questions I asked was answered, however, the interview itself was not very engaging.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society.

Interview

telephone interview consisted of 20 mins of questions. Wasn't the most friendliest of interviewers. Told me I would hear back within a month.
    Why nationwide?
    What skills can you bring to the company?

Interview Questions

• Why nationwide?
      What skills can you bring to the company?
      Followed by situational questions e.g. example of leadership, change, adaptability.   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in November 2019.

Interview

Online tests followed by a telephone interview and if successful an invitation to an assessment centre. Was invited to a have a telephone interview fairly quickly however it took several months before being asked to assessment centre with less than a week's notice.

Technology Apprentice Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society.

Interview

Applied thorough employee referral. Completed 6th Form and wanted an apprenticeship. I was based in London, however, the app was not, therefore although I got the offer, I declines. There were a few tests before interview (maths, eng and memory), went well.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Interview process was clear and structured - they choose 5 framework scenarios and ask you you give an example from your work experience. There were 2 senior managers posing the questions but they made you feel at ease and comfortable.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied online with cv and cover letter. Was interviewed a month later at their office in Swindon by two senior analysts. Around 4 STAR interview questions and some questions about my background and relevant courses I'd taken before.

Member Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society.

Interview

Made to do an online application with a few questions to answer where you’re given a scenario. Was fairly simple nothing too difficult just customer focused questions. Then called and interviewed on the phone similar questions again, then invited in to go for a face to face. Was fairly simple a few numerical tests, illustration test and a few questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one time you worked well and how you adapted for a customer   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.