Nordstrom Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Nordstrom

3,667 Interview Reviews

2.5

Cosmetic Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Durham, NC (US)).

Interview

I received an email to interview. The initial response wasn’t answered, so I had to follow up. I went in for a formal interview, followed by an application interview. I was practically told I did a great job and was spoken to about training that following Tuesday. The executive called to speak with me, and she made me believe I had the job and I would hear back from Nordstrom shortly, and that my qualifications were more than perfect for the position. Not only did I never receive that call, but I never got a response to any follow up I ever sent. I was completely ignored and never heard from them again. Extremely unprofessional and unorganized. This is not the first time this has happened. I will not be applying here ever again, as they do not take their applicants or their employees seriously.

Allocator Interview

Interview

Applied online, a phone interview with recruiter then with Hiring Manager. The Hiring Manager seemed not so interested in the conversation and just barely could put words together. She forgot what she wanted to say during the conversation. I finally got a feedback that they will be moving forward with an internal candidate that I was not surprised at all. I just thought they should not waste time of external candidates if they wanted to hire that internal candidate in the first place.

Finance Rotation Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

There was a recorded hirevue with general behavioral questions and then final round video interview with two financial analysts. There was 3-4 weeks between each part of the process. Final round was behavioral and a simple case.

Interview Questions

• What is a company that you think is very innovative in the retail space?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applied Online and a couple weeks later I was called to do a group in person interview. We were all called in for a one on one then was asked hypothetical questions.

Interview Questions

• Heres a rack of clothing: style something and try to sell it to me   Answer Question

IT Manager Supervisor Interview

Interview

Completed the phone screen with the hiring manager for the IT Supervisor position in Elizebethtown Pa and then he ghosted me. I do not mind not getting the position but could have had some professionalism to follow up.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

It took about a month to hear back about scheduling an interview, an in person interview was set up for the next week at the location I had applied, average questions were asked

Interview Questions

Interview

Applied online, got called in for an interview. Interview was quick and easy and I got the job offer at the end of the interview. Great place to work, friendly managers.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

First round: Online video recording interview.
    Second round: call with manager and team.
    Be prepared to be tested on how you approach to the problem and solving them. The best interview experience I had till now.

Interview Questions

• The interview will be fun and challenging will have a coding round in the end. The quality of the questions will keep on increasing in the round and they will be of a good challenge. Tested on the way you think.   1 Answer

Operations Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter over the phone and then passed to two different additional recruiters for some reason, one of which I never heard a word from, then finally scheduled for phone screen with supposed hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Scripted general behavioral and soft skill type of questions, and a couple very easy linux questions (grep, cp).   Answer Question

Fulfillment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Applied online, got a response relatively quickly for an in person interview. Interview was pretty easy, just asked basic questions and recorded responses on a piece of paper. I basically got the position on the spot, but had to wait for HR to accept me and come up with a pay offer.

Interview Questions

• When was a time a manager got onto you for not meeting a goal and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.