Nuance Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 16 Apr 2019

2.6

Sort:

AI Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nuance in April 2018.

Interview

This position is about natural language processing. HR called me for the first time, and we scheduled the technique phone interview. I passed the technique interview but stuck in the behavior interview.

Corporate Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application through the Nuance career portal. HR reached out very quickly (within a week). I had three interviews in total - two over the phone (one with HR Rep and one with the Corporate Marketing Director) and one in-person where I met Marketing Directors for all 4 divisions and got to know more about the company. The process was very timely, pleasant and professional.

Interview Questions

• Please explain why you are interested in Nuance and what you expect to get out of this internship.   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nuance (Elizabeth, NJ (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Just one phone call from the HR. A nice conversation with a nice guy.
    Talked about my resume. He said he will recommend me to the next step.
    However, 5 week passed. No one contact me about the position. I am sure there is no next step for me.
    Just one phone call from the HR. A nice conversation with a nice guy.
    Talked about my resume. He said he will recommend me to the next step.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (Mahwah, NJ (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews, starting with initial screening, a couple of technical interviews, and then interviews from upper management. No programming assignments or quizzes were given. I was remote, so all the interviews happened over the phone/via Skype, but typically the second and third rounds are in person at the office.

Interview Questions

• What are some large projects you've worked on in the past.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nuance in January 2015.

Interview

An on-line very basic medical terminology test was given in addition to an on-line typing speed test. They graded the on-line test immediately and followed up with a phone call from a first-line recruiter within the company. This was followed up by a manager who specifically worked with the hospital for which they were recruiting. This was followed up by an offer and a contract outlining the pay scale. Overall very organized process and timely, but they were not very clear on the compensation and how difficult the exact guidelines were to achieve any type of decent wage.

Interview Questions

• Since I was applying for medical oncology, they were very concerned about my prior experience, length and depth, in that field.   1 Answer

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Had an initial phone screening with HR and the hiring manager. This led to a first round of on site interviews with the hiring manager, lead architect and peer managers. Interview process was straightforward as they asked a lot of typical questions related to past experience. The architect had me draw out the architecture of current solution I was managing and asked why I did things certain ways. This led to a second round with some of the same people and some newer higher up people. A lot asked the same questions either from before or (where they wanted more detailed answers) or from person to person (definitely didn't have a defined plan between the managers). Had one final on site interview (the 3rd) and then never got a definite yes or no. Kept following up with HR with a we'll know more next week. Additionally, was told 2x that it would be the final step in the interview process when it wasn't.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question was because a number of people asked it so it made me wary about the environment. Asked if given the opportunity in a meeting would I speak up during a meeting if I disagreed with views or would I be quiet and follow up later. Since it was asked a few times and the fact they said a lot of communication is done through email seemed like an issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

One round of telephonic followed by onsite interview at Burlington Office.
    First round was about 30 minutes.

Onsite Interview Process:
    Five Rounds on site with five different people from the same team(each 45 minutes).
    Round 1: About past experience and about the team and tech stack.
    Round 2: Java questions followed by Basic Algorithm question.
    Round 3: SQL -- Design, Mappings and basic Queries, Followed by basic Algorithm reverse a string.
    Round 4: Technical -- All Core Java
    Round 5: Product Director/ All HR Style and Product Management Question

Interview Questions

• As many as Core Java and OOP Questions.
      Many Questions based on Polymorphism and Exceptions.
      Interface and Abstract Class Questions -- different scenarios.
      SQL Questions.
      Mostly all the topics are covered from core java. Threading was also included.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nuance (Mahwah, NJ (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview was very easy here. After arranging everything over e-mail, I went in and met with the HR recruiter. Then came a series of interviews with five different managers, each for half an hour. I got a little lucky in that only one of the managers was technical, so I got some questions about recursion and some minor other questions that one could have learned in a 101 CS class. After this was a written exam, but again, fairly easy 101 stuff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

I'd previously interviewed with them in 2010, which went ok. After the interview, they left me a message to callback to setup a followup, which sounded great. I called back and emailed a bunch of times, but they never answered nor replied, so I gave up. A few months later they left another message, so I tried again a few times to reach them, but another waste of time.

Around 2013, another Nuance recruiter contacted me thru linkedin about another position there. I repeatedly attempted to contact him back, but once again got nowhere. There is no justification for their rudeness, if they didn't want to be contacted, then shouldn't tell candidates to call back.

Interview Questions

• Most questions asked about basic experience, high level job summaries, strengths/weaknesses/mistakes, etc. Nothing particularly hard.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nuance (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

I applied through linked.com and got an email to set up a initial phone call with the development manager. The manager started with good introduction of his team but he questions were very general and can have user defined definition. For example he asked me what is the difference between process and threads, which is a very basic question and anyone can translate this into their words. He asked me to provide examples. Next he asked me how to shoot a product page on a shopping website which has the problem of price displaying intermittently. This is a very open ended question and there can be no specific answer to this . I said the basic points what would i go and check. After a week he rejected me saying lack of technical skills.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between process and threads? How will you troubleshoot a web page knowing that price is coming on and off intermittently?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.