Oliver Wyman Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Oliver Wyman Interview Questions

Interviews at Oliver Wyman

3.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

The first round interview was online and took an hour. One 30 minute case interview, and one 30 minute fit interview. Interviewers were an associate and partner. There was an opportunity to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Example of when you led a team and had to ask members outside of your specific team to do something.   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize when you have multiple tasks?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman in August 2020.

Interview

They strung along their diversity recruiting for 6 months. Applied in February and had my final round in August. The interview was over zoom. My interviewers were frustrated with technical difficulties

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

One resume based interview and one case interview. The resume interview had a lot of behavior questions back to back. The case interview was about profitability and a slight market size question in between.

Interview Questions

• A time when you worked with someone you didn't get along with   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Interview consisted of a 30-minute zoom call followed by an in-person interview with the hiring manager the office. We took a tour of the facility afterwards where I got to meet other team members. Overall a pretty seamless process.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical questions about my skillset and experience, my expectations for my career, what I liked about my job.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Some 30 minutes zoom for a high level EA role. The questions were random and you could tell the person who interviewed was tired. She even called other candidates "duds."

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Very friendly interview. The interviewer was focusing on my previous experience and challenges faced in my previous experience rather than discussing the role in question
    Went over the whole resume

Interview Questions

• difference between OW and Mc Kinsey   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

I applied via email directly to a representative that visited my university. I had a phone interview very soon after that lasted 30 minutes. I was not contacted back.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • How have you developed yourself, whether it be professionally, academically, etc?   Answer Question

Entry Level Data Science Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online. Completed personality quiz. Invited for further phone interview with a principal . Was asked to solve a statistics story problem using code over an online coding platform (i.e. hacker rank) during this video interview. Involved simple probabilities. Though I did not receive an offer, OW gave personalized feedback on my performance and I had a pleasant experience

Interview Questions

• Given machines that have a failure rate of 1%, what is the cluster size such that we achieve a failure rate of at least one machine per day.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

Phone screen, in person meeting, and then a full day interview consisting of data manipulation exercise, written exercise, case study, and behavioral interviews with several employees ranging from analyst to the practice leader.

Interview Questions

• Several questions on drive, initiative, leadership, and teamwork. They want to see you are a self starter.   1 Answer

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

First round was a 30 minute case and a 30 minute behavioral. The case was not difficult, but very interviewee led. The second round was at Oliver Wyman's office in Dallas, and consisted of a presentation case (with 30 minute data/information review), a 30 minute one-on-one case, and a 30 minute behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince a group to do something when you had no official authority over them.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.