Onfido Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Onfido Interview Questions

Updated 21 Sep 2018

Biz Dev Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Onfido (New York, NY (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was great. then was asked to create a 90 day action plan which seemed weird on 2nd interview while never asked to come in.. after investing 3 hours of my time to create it i recieved an email that it wont work.. when i asked for a feedback i did not even get a response. very lame and unprofessional

Interview Questions

• main thing was to create a 90 day plan the rest was usual   1 Answer

Product Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Onfido.

Interview

This was the driest and most apathetic recruiter I've ever spoken to. First had a phone screen with basic questions regarding my background and interest in the role. The recruiter really didn't show much interest or enthusiasm in response to any of my answers. He didn't even leave me time at the end of our call to ask him any questions - and when I initiated some questions on my own, his answers came off irritated and egotistical.

I was then contacted a few days later to complete a very vague and time consuming assignment. This is before even speaking with any hiring manager or anyone else aside from the recruiter. After completing the assignment before the 1 week deadline, I didn't hear anything back for over 3 weeks until the recruiter finally emailed me a generic email saying they filled the role. I responded by asking for feedback on my assignment and heard nothing back of course. I could care less about moving forward in the interview process. But it's pretty disappointing for a company to expect candidates to spend hours of their time and effort on an assignment without having the decency to at least provide feedback on their work. I've done interview assignments for other companies in the past where I was rejected, and have always received thoughtful feedback for taking the time to complete them. This company obviously doesn't care about providing a positive candidate experience for those they don't choose to hire.

Interview Questions

Onfido Response

Hi there,
    No excuses, that isn't a good enough experience that you had with us and we're sorry. We've taken your feedback on board to make the improvements we need to.
    Thanks!

SDR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Onfido.

Interview

The interview was a phone interview. The interviewer called me ontime but was clearly agitated by something. Tried to scare me from even taking the job and wanted me to commit.

US People and Culture Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Onfido (New York, NY (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

This process was great. I was referred to this position through an ex-colleague and was contacted straight away by the Director of People. She was easy to talk to and asked questions about my background and explained more about Onfido culture - which sounded amazing! It was more of a face-to-face version of a phone screen than a formal interview.
    I was then passed to a second round interview with the Director of Operations - the questions in this interview were more scenario and competency based, she was also easy to talk to and provided more insight into the company and how she saw this new role integrating into the business.
    Last stage was a written assessment regarding HR policies and how I would practically deal with scenario-based situations.
    Unfortunately I wasn’t offered the position but came away with a positive interview experience.

Javascript Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Onfido (London, England) in October 2015.

Interview

Short telephone interview with a member of their HR team. Covered basics of my skill set and what I'd been working on. Also asked about the environment I wanted to work in and why I was leaving my current position.

I then completed a short code task - creating a little game of chance with HTML/CSS/JS. I only spent an hour on it but was invited in for an interview within hours of emailing them the repo.

Next was the in-person interview with Onfido's CTO whilst the same member of HR sat in. I tripped myself repeatedly, came across incredibly unconfident whilst answering the technical questions correctly (!). I didn't do myself any favours. Looking back, the interview was quite pleasant, I just made a mess of it.

Lastly, they ended the interview with a 'quirky startup style' question - something about evacuating London in an hour. Following a poor interview performance I then came up with a dull generic answer to this too!

Interview Questions

• function multiply(x,y){return x * y}; So multiply(3,5) returns 15. What changes do we have to make to multiply so we can write multiply(3)(5);   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Onfido (London, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Quick phone call after applied day, around 2-3 days.

15 phone call regarding my background and skills so far. They insisted to learn my current salary even if I didn't want to share in the first place and was told without telling this they cannot process for next step. It was so unprofessional so far, even worse than most of the agencies. They don't really care about your question or interest so far, you will be asked so many questions like can you learn different programming languages. They want full package engineer.

After the first annoying initial call, speaking one of their engineer lead. Few technical question, my background, and some scenarios base questions. It took more than an hour, bit longer than I was told.

They waited one week and back to me that they were waited for other applicants to decide for the best candidate, such a bad excuse.

As I read from company review I believe they don't really want to pay even average salary, even first guy try to negotiate with me to get my minimum expectation, bit awkward situation.

So be ready to get an offer under market average, if you can get one.

Interview Questions

Onfido Response

Hi,
    Thanks for your feedback. We'll use it to help improve our processes.
    Thanks,
    ZeShaan Shamsi,
    Director of Talent Acquisition

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Onfido (London, England) in November 2015.

Interview

CV and cover letter, phone interview, online exercise, in person interview.

Online exercise was an easy case study type deal, then email the client with your findings.
    Phone and in person interview very standard - competency questions etc.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Onfido (London, England).

Interview

Fun, interactive and enlightening. I probably asked more questions than were asked of me.
    The co-founder laid out a vision of the future of the company and I was sold.
    I enjoyed the competency part of the process too, and the past 9 months have confirmed this.

Interview Questions

• Give us examples of a project that went well.
      What could have gone better?
      How did/would you improve the process?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Onfido (London, England) in June 2016.

Interview

first step was a phone call with the manager which lasted 30 mins. Then I was given a few exercises to do at home to test my work procedure and how to react within different situations. then I had to send back it to the manager.

Interview Questions

• what would the the most important aspect in your job?   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Onfido (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Interview with the Head of People/Talent - I was referred to the role by a friend of his.

It was really positive, the interview was thorough and gave me a good overview of the role and where my career might go.

Ultimately my job search changed tact (location wise) so the role wasn't right for me but I enjoyed the interview and felt positive coming out.

Interview Questions

• How do you use data in your current role? How important are metrics in your approach to recruitment?   Answer Question

2 Feb 2018

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback!
    ZeShaan Shamsi,
    Director of Talent Acquisition

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.