Onfido Interview Questions

Updated 22 Feb 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Onfido

Recruiter9%
HardAverageEasy
Found 73 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in France
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Onfido (France)

Interview

J'ai passé 3 entretiens pour un post à Paris. * Première entretien : avec Sofi , un entretien RH. ça était bien passé. * Deuxième entretien : avec un dev Android et Lead, une discussion technique. ça était bien passé aussi. * Troisième entretien : Ils m'ont demandé de développer un api android dans leur domaine d'identité (ML Kit) pendant 3 jours. Comme c'était ma première que j'avais découvert cette partie d'Android, j'ai proposé un api fonctionnel mais une partie deprecated. Ils ont pas aimé cette partie.

Interview Questions
  • API Android autour de ML kit
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in France
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Onfido (France)

Interview

Recruiter screening / TPM lead + TPM / Technical interviews / Co-founder Recruiter feedback (really nice indeed. This is the first time I had the opportunity to have complete, constructive and benevolent feedback).

Interview Questions
  • No straightforward question that can be listed here. It's more an ongoing conversation with the candidate with Onfido's teams.
Anonymous Employee in London, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Onfido (London, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

Interviewing from start to finish was very professional and informative. I was kept updated every step of the way. The process was made up of four meetings including a presentation. It's important you do your research for the presentation and how you will apply your learnings to the role. It's a shame in the current climate that each stage was conducted remotely, however, this did help speed up the process. The hiring team at Onfido are very passionate about the company which enabled me to make the decision to join an easy one.

Interview Questions
  • What interests you in our technology?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Onfido (London, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

The interviewer probably had a good idea what she is looking for but didn’t have the skills to ask around these topics. Being a recruiter it was just sad to see how emotionally and physically exhausted she is. She was uppish and often arrogant during our chat. Talking about software engineers as a piece of equipment with loads of generalisation regarding their behaviour...at this point you could tell that this company is just scaling their tech department with the wrong mind set. Thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions
  • What platforms do you use for sourcing? What you find the most effective? What is the hiring volume you can deliver? Walk me through your background and why you changed?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I interviewed at Onfido (New York, NY)

Interview

My interview experience with Onfido was horrendous because the talent team was completely unclear regarding the role, responsibility, salary, team, etc. Throughout each stage, I felt the hiring managers were disorganized and, as a result, never followed up on my application. Overall I ended up thinking that interviewing with Onfido was a HUGE waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Onfido (Paris) in Dec 2020

Interview

If you are a business developper with decent international experience (about 10 years in my case), and consider applying/are contacted by this company, let me stop you right there and save you time, especially if it's for a paris-based job (or any job outisde their EMEA headquarter in london). I have no doubt the HQ are something else, but unfortunately, as with a lot of other tech companies, their Paris offices are going to be led by some unpleasant people that are not representative of the company's culture. First interview with a recruiter based in London went very well - the recruiter was knowledgeable, patient, willing to listen to questions, and most importantly, even if I applied to the job, did show interest in my profile. It was a delight speaking with her. Second interview was with a hiring manager based in Paris and, as is often the case with french-based hiring managers, was an experience that can only be described as the quintessentially problematic approach of France's managers : arrogant, rude, unwilling/unable to demonstrate why you should want to work with them (seemingly assuming you are desperate for a job), devaluing experience of someone because they have mainly lived outside of France, showing little to no interest in the candidate. Manager arrived late on the call, more than 6 minutes, did not even apologise for that, and never ever called me by my name, not once in the whole call, which showed a tremenduous lack of respect and obvious lack of interest. She did 0 report building despite the fact that she is in sales (allegedly). She proceeded to ask me why I was interested in Onfido, and when I explained why, she retorded my answer was "generic" (it wasn't) and implied that somehow, the answer was wrong. I had no idea I could be wrong about *my reasons* to be interested in a company ! She also requested I gave her a list of clients I had signed in my previous position. For obvious confidentiality reasons, I was very unwilling to do so and taken aback by that request. She justified it by saying that if I really had been to President's club several times in my previous role, I should be able to give her names of clients. She was implying I lied about my achievements, which was incredibly rude and out of place. I finally challenged her back and asked her why she was interested in my profile. She was absolutely unable to offer a clear, concise answer. In clear, she had no reasons why she was speaking with me, yet expected me to sell her my profile and my interest in Onfido, when she showed absolutely none interest in me. Tl;dr : manager arrived late for call, is rude, has done no preparatory work before speaking with me, shows 0 interest in my profile, and expect me to be selling her my interest. It is worth noting this company also offers salary that are well below market rates.

Interview Questions
Onfido
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Onfido (Berlin) in Nov 2020

Interview

HR was quite friendly and professional in organisation and in the first screening call. The first technical interview was a bit disorganised. Even though role was advertised as a researcher role, impression of more of an engineering and product data scientist role is given during the technical interview discussions.

Interview Questions
Onfido
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portugal
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Onfido (Portugal) in Nov 2020

Interview

Got referred by a friend and the recruiter reached out to me to kickstart the process. The interview process was fully remote and took close to 4 weeks. It consisted of the following phases: 1. Video chat w/ the recruiter about Onfido, the interview process, etc. 2. Video chat w/ the engineering manager 3. Technical hands-on challenge (3-4 hours) 4. Video chat w/ senior developers to discuss my hands-on challenge 5. Video chat w/ Director to discuss the role and my fit with the company 6. Video call w/ the recruiter to get my offer Overall I think this was an exceptional interview process and gave me a great impression of Onfido. Sofi and the rest of the team were friendly, engaging, passionate about the work, and the conversations were informal and transparent. The offer letter was also very competitive, way above average for my market. Even though I wasn’t able to accept the offer now, I was really impressed with Onfido and could definitely see myself working there in the future.

Interview Questions
Onfido
Anonymous Employee in London, England
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Onfido (London, England) in Oct 2020

Interview

I had initially interviewed for a similar position last year which I wasn't successful for, but was contacted again and encouraged to apply when this one opened up. It was a pleasant surprise to hear from Onfido proactively even though it hadn't worked out the first time. I had an initial call with Sofi, tech talent lead, who was very helpful throughout the process, explaining the role, my experience, etc. The interview process had three stages, 1) 1 hr Analytical task on video call with one of the team members, 2) More substantial case study to do at home, 3) Presentation of the latter task and interviews with analysts, PMs & BI Director. It was a very enjoyable experience, the analytical tasks were interesting and discussions with the teams nice and positive. Everyone I talked to were knowledgeable and interested in data, including in the non-technical interviews, which made the communication easy and fluid throughout the process.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of something complicated that you worked on recently? How would you explain that to a non-analytical member of the senior mgmt team?
Anonymous Employee in United Kingdom
Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Onfido (United Kingdom)

Interview

Generally a very smooth process. Onfido did an excellent job with making the interview as comfortable as possible, given the current circumstances. 4 rounds of interviews in total, with one being a technical task.

Interview Questions
  • What experience do you have with analysing and presenting data
Viewing 1 - 10 of 73 Interviews