Onfido Reviews

Updated 1 Feb 2021

4.3
Onfido CEO Mike Tuchen (no image)
Mike Tuchen
Pros
  • "Work/life balance, Sanctus mental health coaching, great colleagues, great opportunities to learn, good office(in 12 reviews)

• "Benefits include flexible working, mental health coaching, fully stocked kitchen with fresh food pretty much every day(in 9 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Fantastic place to grow your career"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Onfido full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Business is growing fast with strong products - Lack of arrogance on where we need to improve - Company culture is good where employees felt truly looked after - Strong management team and great hiring process means business brings on good candidates

Cons

- Harder to understand how the teams all fit together but this is more due to remote working than the company specifically

2. "Great Company with a fantastic culture"

Current Employee - Operations in London, England

I have been working at Onfido full-time for more than a year

Pros

Onfido has one of the best cultures I have experienced. Everyone wants you to be the best you can and the work is challenging, yet rewarding

Cons

Some internal processes need to be changed in order to keep up with the fast growing nature of the company, but I'm sure this will happen in due time.

Continue reading

"Highly political. Be ready for a bumpy ride."

2.0
    Former Employee - Engineering in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Onfido full-time for more than a year

Pros

New CEO onboard might get better alignment in exec team. Good camaraderie.

Cons

Infighting at senior level is very obvious and damaging. People getting burned out. Exec team doesn't live by the culture principles.

4. COVID-19

"Lots of potential"

Current Employee - Current Employee - Anonymous Employee

I have been working at Onfido full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, great product and an interesting space that is getting more important as companies are forced to deal with the pandemic long term. In Europe Onfido has the top clients and as Onfido grows the US and brings in more senior management that will be the case there too. The new CEO is refreshing and seems to have the right vision and has actually spoken with a huge number of people of all levels across the business to understand what is happening. That sense of focus had been missing for a while and the fact that he is going to such lengths shows he wants to get this right for everyone.

Cons

Very weak eteam that everyone worries about how they function together. Several members are borderline abusive. One doesn't hide how much he hates the company, the culture, the people, the product, and seems mostly checked out. HR is more concerned with people following policy and backing up the execs than helping create a healthy environment and supporting the people below (bringing in experts to give us talks or have mental health counciling does nothing when you know of and tolerate the abuse) Some teams have great support and career prospects and others are at the mercy of their eteam head.

"Great Challenge"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in London, England

I worked at Onfido full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Challenge. Nice people. Everyone is driven to succeed

Cons

micro management. no growth. No diversity in some teams

6. "Great company going places!"

Former Employee - Marketing in London, England

I worked at Onfido full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing team, working on a really interesting problem, changing the infrastructure of the internet!

Cons

As it gets bigger, there's more process but it's normal for a larger company. It's not a startup anymore but it still is a great place to work.

7. "Fast paced, exciting, and supportive Company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Onfido part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, really interesting machine learning tech, going through an exciting growth phase

Cons

Growth phase means it is fast paced and you need to be able to adapt quickly and work in some level of ambiguity at times, so if this is not your way of working you may not enjoy it.

"Hectic but great!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Onfido full-time for more than a year

Pros

Onfido employs amazing people who strive to do their best and i look forward to my working every day. It is busy but you learn a lot and you get given space to experiment and try new things.

Cons

Often initiatives get introduced that aren't followed through The proportion of women in senior leadership is incredibly low considering how young and "forward looking" the company is. FinTechs are meant to be different to the traditional banking sector no?

9. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - IT Support Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Onfido full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easily one of the best jobs I've had. Open honest managers and executives. Flat structure and open door policy. Allowed to be autonomous in respective role and not micro-managed. Management always willing to find a better way and open to consider suggestions, changes and feedback. Great environment to work in with great culture, diverse backgrounds with no silos for knowledge. Colleagues are respectful, inviting and easy to work with. Colleagues are always happy to offer training and advice if needed. Incredible core values that work well and enable the success of the business!

Cons

None - ensure you align with prospective job and you will love working at Onfido.

10. "Awesome!"

Current Employee - Systems Coordinator

I have been working at Onfido full-time for less than a year

Pros

Real good community feel here. I really enjoy it! Feel like part of a family.

Cons

Not being able to be in the office physically. Not their fault but I had to put something in the cons box

Viewing 1 - 10 of 132 English Reviews