Onfido Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.5
Onfido CEO, CoFounder Husayn Kassai
Husayn Kassai

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The company is growing very quickly and adapting to change" (in 7 reviews)

• "Transparent and flexible (great work-life balance, work from home policy etc" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Vague career progression path in most engineering roles" (in 5 reviews)

• "Being best friends with one of the hiring managers (This is prevalent in Customer Success especially)" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great place for any Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Test Engineer in London, England
    Current Employee - Test Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Onfido full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• lots of autonomy and responsibility
    • extremely supportive atmosphere
    • doing great work upholding company values
    • lots of opportunities for giving and getting feedback (team leads, VPs and founders are keen to hear you out and effect changes)
    • the pay is good and you get regular salary reviews
    • you get to learn a ton of new tools and technologies
    • Test Engineers get to code and solve problems 90% of the time instead of manually repeating tasks
    • you work with some really talented people
    • the Management are modest, respectful and approachable
    • the new office is comfortable and well organised
    • the People Team are just about the nicest people ever

Cons

• first month can be a bit overwhelming

Advice to Management

Keep it rolling!

28 May 2018 – Cofounder & COO

Thanks for the detailed review. So glad you're enjoying your time here.

We'll work more on our onboarding programme. As you mention, it can be a bit intense in the first month!

"Amazing culture, people and a unique scaling environment!"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England
    Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Onfido full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easygoing company, cultural diversity, many opportunities to develop personally and professionally. See what it is for to work for a company that grows exponentially.

Cons

As a startup still working on getting more structure in day to day processes

28 May 2018 – Cofounder & COO

Thanks for the review! We're big fans of diversity here :)

3. "Amazing company to work for!"

I have been working at Onfido full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Onboarding experience - I've worked at a few startups and this was by far the the best onboarding experience, it was really informative and everyone makes you feel very welcome.
    Supportive team, great leadership, encouraged to grow and learn, flexible WFH policy, great product, awesome culture, pool table.

The people are what make Onfido such a great place to work.

Cons

I have no comment to make

28 May 2018 – Cofounder & COO

Glad you enjoyed your onboarding experience. We work hard on it - it's so important.

"Exceptional talent, culture, and opportunities"

I worked at Onfido full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was at Onfido since the early days and saw the company evolve from a fledgling startup to a serious business over the course of three years.

Despite the changes it underwent during this period the company consistently maintained the same core values and ethos: its drive towards innovation; its investment in talent; and its treatment of employees.

Above all, Onfido invests in people, and this value is communicated in every action one has with the business - from initial conversations during recruitment through to the inner workings of your role.

This investment in people is coupled with an ability to attract exceptional talent, which makes working at Onfido a great learning opportunity.

Similarly, Onfido has a very meritocratic culture. This has given a large number of talented, but junior employees exceptional opportunities to advance their career by entrusting them with signifiant responsibility. Naturally this was more true when the business was smaller and less mature, but it nevertheless remains an organisation that rewards able and hard-working employees.

Cons

For some periods of my tenure at Onfido there was a lack of structure and process. This is understandable for a startup undergoing a rapid growth phase but perhaps could have been handled better to provide a more steady environment for employees to operate in and achieve their potential.

Onfido has always struggled to achieve strategic focus in its vision, for right or wrong. The wide breadth of products, projects and initiatives this leads to can at times be difficult to juggle.

Advice to Management

Be conscious of the tension between a people-first, warm culture and ruthless business progression.

Bring as much market, product, and operational focus as is reasonably possible.

23 Jan 2018 – Cofounder & COO

Thanks for the wonderfully detailed review! We're proud of our ongoing investment into people :)

"Best Company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in London, England

I have been working at Onfido full-time (More than a year)

Pros

passionate and smart team always willing to help. Onfido is the place to be if you want a company that cares about you. The People Team and cofounders spend so much time looking after the employees. Ask anyone from the team the best thing about Onfido and they will say "people" or "culture".

also career opportunities, myself and my peers have joined in one role and transitioned to another one as we grow. company cares about careers.

good pay vs other startups

Cons

nothing comes to mind. fast growing so if you don't like that you may be better suited to a larger company which is more steady.

Advice to Management

keep up the awesome work and never lose the care for the people, it makes Onfido the most special place to work. oh and also keep feeding us amazing food and snacks please ;)

2 Apr 2018 – Cofounder & COO

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a balanced review. And agree with the "fast-growing" comment - it can take some getting used to for those new to startup life.

"Great Company"

I have been working at Onfido full-time

Pros

Everyone at Onfido is always trying to find new and better ways to do things.

Cons

It's getting cramped in the current office - can't wait for the new one.

Advice to Management

Continue focussing on growth

1 Jan 2018 – Cofounder & COO

Great to hear you're enjoying working here. New office is happening soon!

"great company, loved working there"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in London, England

I worked at Onfido full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great staff
    great benefits
    learning a lot
    good direction

Cons

can't think of anything much

Advice to Management

keep it up

1 Jan 2018 – Cofounder & COO

Thanks for the review, glad you enjoyed your time here and learnt a lot :)

"Exciting company taking on an exciting problem"

I have been working at Onfido full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Identity verification, the market that Onfido is operating in is growing extremely fast, and it is amazing to be able to directly shape the future of digital identity and trust.

Having worked in various startups before, and having seen the pain of growing, I am impressed by how Onfido is handling this by holding onto key company and employee values and yet effectively adapting according to the various organisational needs and challenges that come up.

Last but not least, working with a group of high-motivated, and open-minded people is a real pleasure!

Cons

Cannot think of anything major that's worth mentioning

Advice to Management

At this stage, the company requires razor-sharp focus. This, I feel, is what is going to determine how successful Onfido becomes.

1 Jan 2018 – Cofounder & COO

Love this detailed review!

Agreed - focus will be everything over the next few years... let's make it happen!

"Amazing people, dynamic culture, interesting work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Onfido full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Onfido for over a year and can thoroughly recommend it as a really special workplace for the following reasons:

1) People, people, people. The people at Onfido are incredibly bright, interesting, warm, and friendly. The People team have worked hard to create an open, supportive, and inclusive culture at the company and this really manifests itself in the day to day life of the business.

2) Flexibility and work/life balance: Onfido practices what it preaches in terms of treating its employees like human beings who have complex lives that need to be balanced with work. Flexible and remote working is always possible and the hours are very reasonable. I've also really taken advantage of the great exercise benefits (free yoga and subsidised gym memberships) and found that many other employees balance their workload with exercise and activities. There is a run club and climbing club and a generally a good culture at the company around well-being.

3) Great place to learn: Speaking of well-being, I've found Onfido a really supportive and encouraging place to learn new skills that I didn't have experience in. Onfido promotes an ethos of iteration, feedback, and 'failing fast' - learning from mistakes. For a first job out of education, this has been a really important part of building my confidence. I've found my team leads and colleagues extremely supportive and always willing to have a chat about challenges or blockers. Onfido also has quite an extraordinary culture around mental health, with free mental health coaching and a generally very positive and progressive attitude towards staying healthy in the workplace.

4) Opportunity to have an impact: Even though Onfido has grown rapidly and is now a large company, there are still ample opportunities to make a difference in how the company solves problems. The founders are extremely approachable, transparent, and inclusive, and my impression has been that many of the teams still work together to define their paths and their work collaboratively. I've always felt like my input and opinions are heard and that I have agency to help determine the work that I do.

Cons

Just one point here and it can also be considered a 'Pro'. Like many companies of its kind, Onfido is growing and changing fast. This means that there are lots of exciting challenges across the board and you often find yourself working on things outside of your role or remit. For people who love variety and a new problem to tackle every day, this can be exciting and rewarding. But if you prefer working within a particular structure or if you struggle to prioritise when pulled in different directions, it can also be a challenge.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and protect the warm and supportive culture you've created here, and the great work and problem solving will continue to flourish.

2 Apr 2018 – Cofounder & COO

Thanks so much for the detailed review, and glad you think Onfido's a great place to learn. That's so important.

"Good startup to work at and learn a lot from"

I worked at Onfido full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- AMAZING colleagues and company culture
    - Good benefits
    - They help you move forward and give you progression opportunities, I saw several of my colleagues even move across teams and change careers
    - Nice office (London)

Cons

- Benefits package could be improved upon

1 Jan 2018 – Cofounder & COO

Thanks for the review! We're adding more benefits every quarter but would love to hear which bits of the package you think needs more work. Drop me an email with any ideas!