Onfido Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.3
Onfido CEO, CoFounder Husayn Kassai
Husayn Kassai

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Absolutely no politics, very good culture and the best work life balance" (in 7 reviews)

• "Choose an office with a pool table" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Vague career progression path in most engineering roles" (in 5 reviews)

• "Being best friends with one of the hiring managers (This is prevalent in Customer Success especially)" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Cool people on a journey"

I have been working at Onfido full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Super smart talented team
    - Strong culture felt by most employees
    - Clear vision from leadership team, who are very hands on
    - Lots of growth from within

Cons

- Growing pains as the company scales
    - Company is learning how to maintain culture in other offices
    - Lots of change as the company grows

Advice to Management

Learn how to keep empowering people as the business grows.

2. "Onfido - a super progressive tech company with great customer focus, people and strategy"

Current Employee - London in London, England
    Current Employee - London in London, England

I have been working at Onfido full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart people and uses latest machine learning technology
    Great customer focus
    Very inclusive and diverse team
    Absolute respect for everyones opinion, no hierarchy
    Fast paced and ambitious

Cons

This is a fast paced company, operating in a competitive growth market, so everyone needs to perform and execute on their goals.

Advice to Management

Continue to drive the strategy, hire the right people and execute on strategy.
    Maintain the customer focus and geographic expansion to build a great enduring company.

3. "The best Machine Learning / Computer Vision company I worked for"

Current Employee - Engineer in London, England
    Current Employee - Engineer in London, England

Pros

Pros:
    1. Cutting edge technology. You get to touch very cool technologies like Docker, Kubernetes.
    2. Core ML and Deep Learning technologies across varied problems like object detection, large scale image classification , etc.
    3. Very cool problems that are challenging and constantly pushing you to learn more
    4. Simply amazing people, some of the best in the industry!
    5. Absolutely no politics, very good culture and the best work life balance.
    6. Not to miss the snacks in the kitchen.

A passionate startup.

Otherwise, this has been my best experience in 14 yrs of experience.

Cons

Could be better:
    1. More food needed in the kitchen.
    2. Fast paced culture (sometimes good) that can structure the projects a bit better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the leadership and continue to treat your employees well as you are doing now!

4. "Great place to work and great vision"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Onfido full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Onfido is a great place to work, the vision is great and the technology is world changing. The people make Onfido, they really do and it is a pleasure to work with such intelligent and all-around fantastic people. The company is growing and it is growing in the right direction!

Cons

Going from a start-up to a scale-up/larger company the culture is expected to change and adjust, but I feel like more could be done to keep our great culture which is feeling like it might be slightly slipping away

Advice to Management

- Make sure we higher more senior people who fit the culture and not just the job specs.
    - Keep the culture, maintain it and remember the experienced people of Onfido got the company to where it is today and they will continue making it a great place.
    - Clearer on career opportunities
    - Close the gap in pay between older employees and higher paid newer employees

2 Aug 2018 – Cofounder & COO

Thanks for the positive review! We'll be sure to continue working on the culture to make it even stronger, and to ensure career paths are as clear as they can possibly be in the fast-paced... More

"Service Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Onfido full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

To start with, it was all sold well in a package.I was impressed and taken by the flexibility Onfido offered. Nothing to worry about the work place as you will feel welcome.

Cons

To be told to leave for not unsatisfactory probation was quite a set back as just politics was used here wisely in asking us to leave so that no redundancy pay has to be payed out as the business I was supporting will soon sunset. No exit interview took place.Just called to a room and verdict was delivered. The circumstances leading to dismissal were not handled properly and it definitely did not live up to the culture Onfido dictates to thrive on.

Advice to Management

As a company you are growing, it was a lovely place to be. But this all crashed as the way we were told to leave. One HR says things different to the other.Manager is too busy to sit with new joiners, to train and help in delivering. SOP is a bible but if we are expected to run from day 1 how will one find time to absorb the SOP. To become proficient it takes time, but management thought its better to kick us out like door mats. Felt deeply humiliated.

23 Jul 2018 – Cofounder & COO

Hi there - I'm really sorry to hear that you felt this way on leaving.

It's never easy to part ways during probation and out of respect for the individual, we think it's better to be frank about... More

6. "Great place for any Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Test Engineer in London, England
    Current Employee - Test Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Onfido full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• lots of autonomy and responsibility
    • extremely supportive atmosphere
    • doing great work upholding company values
    • lots of opportunities for giving and getting feedback (team leads, VPs and founders are keen to hear you out and effect changes)
    • the pay is good and you get regular salary reviews
    • you get to learn a ton of new tools and technologies
    • Test Engineers get to code and solve problems 90% of the time instead of manually repeating tasks
    • you work with some really talented people
    • the Management are modest, respectful and approachable
    • the new office is comfortable and well organised
    • the People Team are just about the nicest people ever

Cons

• first month can be a bit overwhelming

Advice to Management

Keep it rolling!

28 May 2018 – Cofounder & COO

Thanks for the detailed review. So glad you're enjoying your time here.

We'll work more on our onboarding programme. As you mention, it can be a bit intense in the first month!

"Amazing culture, people and a unique scaling environment!"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England
    Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Onfido full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easygoing company, cultural diversity, many opportunities to develop personally and professionally. See what it is for to work for a company that grows exponentially.

Cons

As a startup still working on getting more structure in day to day processes

28 May 2018 – Cofounder & COO

Thanks for the review! We're big fans of diversity here :)

8. "Amazing company to work for!"

I have been working at Onfido full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Onboarding experience - I've worked at a few startups and this was by far the the best onboarding experience, it was really informative and everyone makes you feel very welcome.
    Supportive team, great leadership, encouraged to grow and learn, flexible WFH policy, great product, awesome culture, pool table.

The people are what make Onfido such a great place to work.

Cons

I have no comment to make

28 May 2018 – Cofounder & COO

Glad you enjoyed your onboarding experience. We work hard on it - it's so important.

"Exceptional talent, culture, and opportunities"

I worked at Onfido full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was at Onfido since the early days and saw the company evolve from a fledgling startup to a serious business over the course of three years.

Despite the changes it underwent during this period the company consistently maintained the same core values and ethos: its drive towards innovation; its investment in talent; and its treatment of employees.

Above all, Onfido invests in people, and this value is communicated in every action one has with the business - from initial conversations during recruitment through to the inner workings of your role.

This investment in people is coupled with an ability to attract exceptional talent, which makes working at Onfido a great learning opportunity.

Similarly, Onfido has a very meritocratic culture. This has given a large number of talented, but junior employees exceptional opportunities to advance their career by entrusting them with signifiant responsibility. Naturally this was more true when the business was smaller and less mature, but it nevertheless remains an organisation that rewards able and hard-working employees.

Cons

For some periods of my tenure at Onfido there was a lack of structure and process. This is understandable for a startup undergoing a rapid growth phase but perhaps could have been handled better to provide a more steady environment for employees to operate in and achieve their potential.

Onfido has always struggled to achieve strategic focus in its vision, for right or wrong. The wide breadth of products, projects and initiatives this leads to can at times be difficult to juggle.

Advice to Management

Be conscious of the tension between a people-first, warm culture and ruthless business progression.

Bring as much market, product, and operational focus as is reasonably possible.

23 Jan 2018 – Cofounder & COO

Thanks for the wonderfully detailed review! We're proud of our ongoing investment into people :)

"Best Company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in London, England

I have been working at Onfido full-time (More than a year)

Pros

passionate and smart team always willing to help. Onfido is the place to be if you want a company that cares about you. The People Team and cofounders spend so much time looking after the employees. Ask anyone from the team the best thing about Onfido and they will say "people" or "culture".

also career opportunities, myself and my peers have joined in one role and transitioned to another one as we grow. company cares about careers.

good pay vs other startups

Cons

nothing comes to mind. fast growing so if you don't like that you may be better suited to a larger company which is more steady.

Advice to Management

keep up the awesome work and never lose the care for the people, it makes Onfido the most special place to work. oh and also keep feeding us amazing food and snacks please ;)

2 Apr 2018 – Cofounder & COO

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a balanced review. And agree with the "fast-growing" comment - it can take some getting used to for those new to startup life.