Opus Talent Solutions Interview Questions

Updated 9 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 45 of over 45 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Opus Talent Solutions

Opus Talent Solutions

Application

I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions

Interview

Had a few different stage interviews which is pretty standard for any interview process but it went smoothly and I got a good feel for the company and those involved.

Interview Questions
  • What is recruitment and why do you want to go into it?
    Answer Question

Opus Talent Solutions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions in May 2020

Interview

3 step interview, phone screen then in person and then meeting the OS team. I was kept in the loop the whole time by the hiring manager and it was a really well organised process.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions (London, England, England) in Feb 2020

Interview

I attended all the stages required including phone interviews and face to face meetings. The first face to face was with the founder I believe who basically went into his whole life story for 10 minutes before grilling me on recruitment and the industry (this is very standard i noticed). I met a lovely girl called claire i think her name was? after coming back for a second face to face interview I was told they would be in contact regarding a offer.. i had 2 other offers on the table at the same time and my consultant just kept saying they would get back to me. After holding for a few days i decided to let the consultant know i was taking a offer elsewhere but thanked her for her time, she never responded or got back to me after this. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions (New York, NY) in May 2019

Interview

I had a screening phone interview followed by an in person interview with opus. The two team members I talked to were personable and easy to talk to. The in person interview lasted an hour and was an in depth view of my background, both in school and what brought me to New York and applying for Opus

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions (London, England, England) in Feb 2019

Interview

Multistep process, with initial phone screening interview, followed by interview with the company, and then technical challenge and presentation to interview panel. The interview process spanned over a number of weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me more about yourself ? Why do you want to work here? Tell me about a situation when you X? What would you do if a person did Y?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions (London, England, England) in Jan 2019

Interview

Telephone interview - was very nice experience and I was followed up at every step of the way. Face to Face interview was horrible. The director did not like me the moment she saw me and kept trying to intimidate me in the interview pulling faces whilst asking questions aggressively. She looked at me like as though I had misogyny written on my forehead and kept trying to make points about feminism and was constantly trying to over power me in discussion almost insecure that she must be totally dominant. I literally gave up half way through the interview. I'm a brown guy from London and it was plainly obvious that is all she saw along with whatever stereotyping she could think off. I would not have accepted a job even if offered, never.

Interview Questions
  • What do you do outside of work? And what interests do you have outside work?

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions (Bristol, England, England) in Oct 2018

Interview

3 stage process, consisted of a telephone interview, and 2 face to face interviews followed by further follow up meetings with seniors and the teams. Lots of energy with regards to the people I met during the process.

Interview Questions
  • how do you typically manage your stakeholder relationships

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions (London, England, England) in Oct 2018

Interview

Initial telephone interview then group assessment (which was tough but welcoming), face to face interviews and then a trial run/feel of the sales floor, and then a final confirmation face-to-face interview for the offer

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

First sent CV, had phone interview and then invited to Assessment Centre. Phone interview questions: What do you know about Opus, why recruitment? what do recruitment consultants do? Assessment centre (whole day 9:30am- 5pm) : There were 6 other people and we were watched by 2 directors and an internal recruiter. Stage 1.) 2 directors gave us overview of company. Thought it was quite useless as I had done a lot of research before. Stage 2.) Then we were given random questions to answer (e.g. what is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you?). I think this was to see if you had a fun personality. The answers to some people's questions showed questionable character but the directors seemed to LOVE IT! Stage 3.) Next we had to complete a 90 second sales pitch about something we were passionate about (we had to prepare this before the assessment centre). We could do this sitting or standing up, only one person stood up. Stage 4.) Then we were split into 2 groups and asked to prepare a Dragons Den's pitch (i.e. come up with a business idea, pitch it and answer any questions asked). Stage 5.) We then had to role play various sales scenarios with the directors. Stage 6.) Then after lunch (which was 12:55 - 1:55) we had our face-to-face interviews. This was the WORST part. I wasn't asked any proper question (e.g. give me an example of when you ...). Instead I was asked what I did in my spare time. The interview was an insult to my intelligence. WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THE JOB. I had done a lot of preparation for NOTHING. Overall, I got the impression throughout that they don't really care about your ability to do the job or your potential. They are only interested in whether they will like you or be your friend to go to the pub with after work and share juvenile anecdotes about getting drunk and doing STUPID things. My talents would be wasted there!! **If you are serious about your recruitment career DON'T APPLY. A complete waste of time **

Interview Questions
  • A lot of personal questions unrelated to my ability to be a recruitment consultant
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions (Bristol, England, England)

Interview

During the assessment day we were first asked to answer questions designed to probe our character (see below). Afterwards we were split into groups and given 1/2 hour to prep a dragons’ den style pitch in front of 10+ consultants. All this was testing was your ability to keep talking even if the content was nonsense. Not much intelligence required for this step (and most of the day in general) Next up was a role play with one of the consultants in which you were given a situation to defend (vaguely related to recruitment). There seemed to be an emphasis on saying absolutely anything, regardless of truth, to satisfy the ‘customer’. Then lastly there were 2 face to face interviews with a consultant. Not an interview in any conventional sense: they just asked you to guess a person they had in mind - it was like a game at play school, hardly what I was expecting from a supposedly professional company. During the day we had the chance to meet some consultants - they all seemed nice, but equally, I got the impression that they were under strict orders to answer our questions in a specific way, therefore I wasn’t sure how genuine their answers were. Having read a number of reviews on glass door, I feel that the impressions given during the assessment day were all fake and that actual day to day work there was not a nice place. I also had the misfortune of communicating with TP which was a complete waste of time and he messed me around no end. The assessment day was disappointing and unprofessional from start to finish. I wasn’t that keen on recruitment anyway, but my experience with opus made me cross off any potential openings within recruitment in the future.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 45 Interviews