Opus Talent Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Opus Talent Solutions Interview Questions

Interviews at Opus Talent Solutions

3.1

Lead Android Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions (New York, NY (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

The interviewer, an English guy out of New York was high pressure. An excessive number of calls that reminded me of having a person that I'm dating trying to stalk me. They also tried to get my references before interviewing so that he could trawl my network for more business leads.

I made it through the rounds and supposedly had an offer for them, but they were poor about communicating the terms of the offer. Also when they, unofficially made me an offer it was an exploding offer that expired in less than 24 hours. I told them I needed a more reasonable period of time to decide and let it explode.

Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions (New York, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

I had a screening phone interview followed by an in person interview with opus. The two team members I talked to were personable and easy to talk to. The in person interview lasted an hour and was an in depth view of my background, both in school and what brought me to New York and applying for Opus

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions in May 2020.

Interview

3 step interview, phone screen then in person and then meeting the OS team.
    I was kept in the loop the whole time by the hiring manager and it was a really well organised process.

Interview Questions

• What software I had used before   1 Answer

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

Telephone interview - was very nice experience and I was followed up at every step of the way.

Face to Face interview was horrible. The director did not like me the moment she saw me and kept trying to intimidate me in the interview pulling faces whilst asking questions aggressively. She looked at me like as though I had misogyny written on my forehead and kept trying to make points about feminism and was constantly trying to over power me in discussion almost insecure that she must be totally dominant. I literally gave up half way through the interview. I'm a brown guy from London and it was plainly obvious that is all she saw along with whatever stereotyping she could think off. I would not have accepted a job even if offered, never.

Interview Questions

• What do you do outside of work? And what interests do you have outside work?   1 Answer

TA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions (Bristol, England) in October 2018.

Interview

3 stage process, consisted of a telephone interview, and 2 face to face interviews followed by further follow up meetings with seniors and the teams.

Lots of energy with regards to the people I met during the process.

Interview Questions

• how do you typically manage your stakeholder relationships   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions (London, England) in October 2018.

Interview

Initial telephone interview then group assessment (which was tough but welcoming), face to face interviews and then a trial run/feel of the sales floor, and then a final confirmation face-to-face interview for the offer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions (Bristol, England).

Interview

During the assessment day we were first asked to answer questions designed to probe our character (see below).

Afterwards we were split into groups and given 1/2 hour to prep a dragons’ den style pitch in front of 10+ consultants. All this was testing was your ability to keep talking even if the content was nonsense. Not much intelligence required for this step (and most of the day in general)

Next up was a role play with one of the consultants in which you were given a situation to defend (vaguely related to recruitment). There seemed to be an emphasis on saying absolutely anything, regardless of truth, to satisfy the ‘customer’.

Then lastly there were 2 face to face interviews with a consultant. Not an interview in any conventional sense: they just asked you to guess a person they had in mind - it was like a game at play school, hardly what I was expecting from a supposedly professional company.

During the day we had the chance to meet some consultants - they all seemed nice, but equally, I got the impression that they were under strict orders to answer our questions in a specific way, therefore I wasn’t sure how genuine their answers were. Having read a number of reviews on glass door, I feel that the impressions given during the assessment day were all fake and that actual day to day work there was not a nice place.

I also had the misfortune of communicating with TP which was a complete waste of time and he messed me around no end.

The assessment day was disappointing and unprofessional from start to finish. I wasn’t that keen on recruitment anyway, but my experience with opus made me cross off any potential openings within recruitment in the future.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with £50K?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions (London, England).

Interview

First sent CV, had phone interview and then invited to Assessment Centre.

Phone interview questions:

What do you know about Opus, why recruitment? what do recruitment consultants do?

Assessment centre (whole day 9:30am- 5pm) :

There were 6 other people and we were watched by 2 directors and an internal recruiter.

Stage 1.) 2 directors gave us overview of company. Thought it was quite useless as I had done a lot of research before.

Stage 2.) Then we were given random questions to answer (e.g. what is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you?). I think this was to see if you had a fun personality. The answers to some people's questions showed questionable character but the directors seemed to LOVE IT!

Stage 3.) Next we had to complete a 90 second sales pitch about something we were passionate about (we had to prepare this before the assessment centre). We could do this sitting or standing up, only one person stood up.

Stage 4.) Then we were split into 2 groups and asked to prepare a Dragons Den's pitch (i.e. come up with a business idea, pitch it and answer any questions asked).

Stage 5.) We then had to role play various sales scenarios with the directors.

Stage 6.) Then after lunch (which was 12:55 - 1:55) we had our face-to-face interviews. This was the WORST part. I wasn't asked any proper question (e.g. give me an example of when you ...). Instead I was asked what I did in my spare time. The interview was an insult to my intelligence. WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THE JOB. I had done a lot of preparation for NOTHING.

Overall, I got the impression throughout that they don't really care about your ability to do the job or your potential. They are only interested in whether they will like you or be your friend to go to the pub with after work and share juvenile anecdotes about getting drunk and doing STUPID things. My talents would be wasted there!!

**If you are serious about your recruitment career DON'T APPLY. A complete waste of time **

Interview Questions

• A lot of personal questions unrelated to my ability to be a recruitment consultant   Answer Question

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in September 2018.

Interview

1 day assessment day with a group of other people, split into different stages such as a dragons den pitch, individual interviews and group work. Then afterwards we had lunch together and were interviewed one on one by existing employees.

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in July 2018.

Interview

Email and callback for the first-stage phone interview (next day). The call consisted of a few questions, firstly related to my studies, then why I wanted to get into recruitment, followed by my knowledge of the industry.

Interview Questions

• They asked about any prior experience with sales and cold calling (key to the position and indicative of personality traits that may reflect potential for success in the field)   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.