Opus Talent Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Opus Talent Solutions Reviews

Updated 11 Mar 2020

4.2
Opus Talent Solutions CEO Amy Golding (no image)
Amy Golding
Pros
  • "They pay a competitive base and commission structure for top talent and have many other financial incentives(in 24 reviews)

• "Excellent Training (From trainee right through to management level)(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours and constant pressure to meet targets - but that's the normality in recruitment isn't it(in 38 reviews)

• "The hard work is not for everyone, without organisation and day planning you will burn out(in 21 reviews)

1. "Not perfect but always striving to be better!"

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you actually take the time to give feedback, something is done about it. The best (and cheesiest) thing about the place is the people; I don't feel like a cog in a wheel, or a number, and genuinely feel like people give a damn about each other.

Cons

Communication can be a bit rubbish in places, but don't feel like this necessarily an Opus thing, just a general international company one.

Opus Talent Solutions2020-02-11
  2. "Opus is a forward thinking recruitment firm that encourages its recruiters to evolve with the industry"

Current Employee - Talent Partner in Bristol, England

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opus offers a mature working environment (a rare find in the recruitment industry) that provides new consultants with industry leading training and experienced consultants room to grow. The revamped commission structure goes up to 40% and there is no threshold (another rarity in the industry) Most importantly, Opus is always looking for new ways to recruit and support their recruiters.

Cons

With more clients and candidates working remotely I think the business will need to look at move flexible working in the future but I am sure the SLT are already working things out.

Opus Talent Solutions2020-02-11
  3. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

My first graduate job straight from university, I was pleased to have chosen Opus over all the other recruitment consultancies offering as Opus proactively taught and mentored us very effectively. Welcoming culture amongst all colleagues and senior management - I enjoyed my time there thoroughly

Cons

Can't think of many cons - possibly not enough holiday days

Opus Talent Solutions2020-01-14
  4. "Very good if you want to work 7:00am - 8:00pm every day"

Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England

I worked at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Recruitment at its best, great training and you have the potential to earn £££

Cons

Unfortunately its full of typical Essex wide boy recruitment consultants who have formed a very tight clique.

Opus Talent Solutions2019-12-17

"Bad culture and people"

Current Employee - Receptionist in London, England

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most of the positive reviews on the internet were written by marketing

Cons

Terrible people and culture will not recommend

Opus Talent Solutions2019-11-09
  6. "A company willing to listen and change"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people really are great and there is always a good rapport between teams/offices etc. They are willing to listen to the employees, take on board what they say and make positive changes. Since starting here the business has changed so much (for the better!) in a short space of time, which is a testament to the senior management team. Recruitment always has a bad rep and disgruntled employees will always leave negative reviews (they are fickle people!), but from my experience Opus is a fantastic employer, with genuinely great people who are supportive and care about you.

Cons

The holiday could be better

Opus Talent Solutions2019-09-20
  7. "Honest"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions full-time

Pros

Great training received for new to industry recruiters

Cons

Old School approach, can feel a little wolf of wall street

Opus Talent Solutions2019-10-03
  8. "A Company going places!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Bristol, England

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Progression and reward, so many advantages of working for a large well known market player, great client and candidate base and the chance to earn a hell of a lot of money.

Cons

Yet to find a con of working here.

Opus Talent Solutions2019-09-18

"Poor business practices and operates in an unethical way. Standard UK Cowboy IT recruitment firm."

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Commission scheme - make sure you have everything logged correctly because they will try every way possible to get out of paying commission. Especially if you were to leave. They will try to claw back commission that was paid months ago even though the candidate is still happily working with your client.

Cons

- The way the business perceives itself on social media is nothing like the way it operates on a day to day basis. - Good luck seeing a Manager pick up the phone and do a business development call. It’s a race to get as hands off as possible and dictate orders of how much activity you should be doing rather then showing how it is done. - High KPI’s with no understanding of why. No awareness that business trends have changed in the last 20 years. There is a mentality of “keep doing it the way we do it because this is the way we have always done it”. - Consultants are encouraged to perform duties in an unethical way to get the deal done. Management don’t care about clients or candidates, they only care about making placements. - I heard on several occasions by several managers and directors that they could not care less about clients. If you are a Consultant that wants to treat clients right... don’t join Opus. You won’t have the opportunity to do that here.

Opus Talent Solutions2019-07-09

"The grass is greener elsewhere!"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bristol, England

I worked at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some really great people have been hired in the past...

Cons

All those good people left the business and what is left of the business is a sharky, bullish environment. Who they portray themselves to be on the outside couldn't be further from the truth internally.

Opus Talent Solutions2019-07-09