Progressive Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2,224 of over 2,224.0 interviews

Campus Recruiting4%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Riverview, FL) in May 2021

Interview

This detailed review will hopefully help anyone determined to work with Progressive. I applied for the claims adjuster trainee position twice. The first assessment attempt was sep 2020, and I was declined before the video interview. When you get the assessment, you may want to take it immediately. If you are distracted, in a terrible mood or drunk (lol) do yourself a favor by waiting until able to give it your all. It involves basic math, vocab analogies, personality and a mock customer service call. My second attempt in May 2021 went differently. I waited until I was able to give it my full focus. The next day received the video interview invitation, and spent several days preparing. While researching interview tips, I found you tube videos by Madeline Mann- she is amazing. Because of her advice, I fine tuned my approach and prepared solid STAR answers. Have specific examples that are interchangeable depending on the question. A story about a time you compromised could also be a story about a time you went above and beyond, multi tasked, etc. Write your stories- describe four star steps in detail. Brag a little, yet be humble... talk about what YOU did, how you learned and grew. Focus on the resolution. Consider the role you are going for when you design your answers. My stories intentionally highlighted how I will shine as an adjuster. There is a certain level of psychological manipulation that goes into concocting these stories. That sounds bad, but it's true. Don’t say what you’re good at- make them believe it- show them by providing stories that depict exactly how and why you are great. Practice, record yourself and critique- whether it be posture, more smiling or less rambling. If your story is 25 seconds or longer than 3 min, edit your answers. Video interviews have an advantage because you can display notes in front of you- out of view from the camera. Make sure you don’t seem like you’re reading if you rely on your notes as heavily as I do. Be conscious of your camera placement, lighting and background. Use a PC webcam, and if you don’t know what proper positioning/lighting/backdrops should look like, do yourself a favor and research it. Oh- and dress like you would for a formal interview. Hirevue asks 8 questions and you have 3 minutes to answer. You get two tries- if you botch the first one and try again, it will automatically save the second. You can’t pick between the two after you do the second one- it will auto submit the second. I recommend submitting your first try unless you really mess up. A couple questions caught me off guard, so I sacrificed the first 3 minutes of recording time to formulate my reply. This meant I had one shot during take two, but my one attempt was ok because I took that first 3 minutes to prepare instead of fumbling through. This chance to think and re do is a huge plus compared to live interviews. I wish you all the best! I write this while anxiously awaiting the video interview results. I have a good feeling since I was so prepared, but that “what if I’m not good enough” fear creeps up. Let’s push those thoughts of doubt away and think good things! I plan to share this review after more steps are completed because I want to be able to check that “offer accepted” box :) *UPDATE:) I’m officially checking the offer accepted box and posting this review! My second interview was yesterday and it went well. Some people mention having a panel of interviewers, and I was relieved to see just one person. The interviewer was personable and easy to talk with. I expected 3 STAR questions, but she asked 5. She was patient when I needed a minute to think about my answer on a couple of those surprise questions. I fumbled a bit, told her it was a great question and admitted to being a little nervous. Be prepared with more detailed stories explaining how you stay organized, times you compromised, gathered info from multiple sources, had a miscommunication with a customer, made an exception/went against policy, and were unable to finish all your tasks at work. They want to know that you’re organized, helpful, able to multi task, compromise, and willing to work extra hours. Again- watch those Madeline Mann videos. She helped me a ton and it didn't cost a thing except a little time! I received my offer phone call today! She emailed the offer letter and background docs, and provided a start date. This was fairly quick but definitely more intense than the average hiring process. If you really want to work for Progressive and put the effort into preparing, YOU CAN DO IT! ⭐️Timeline: applied 5/11 assessment 5/12 Video interview invite 5/13 Video interview completed 5/17 2nd interview invite 5/18 2nd interview completed 5/26 Job offer 5/27 Key advice : ⭐️Prepare detailed STAR ANSWERS-put your HEART into the stories ⭐️Practice ⭐️Be knowledgeable and excited about PROGRESSIVE and their CULTURE

Interview Questions
  • See above :) I shared several examples. And others posted the exact questions :)
    1 Answer
282 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Tampa, FL) in Feb 2021

Interview

Progressive doesn't actually interview. They send you through a program called HireVue so they never actually interview you. The result? Your answers are automatically scored and you never talk to a real person. I hate that this company does this. Hopefully this review makes them reconsider their processes.

Interview Questions
  • Here's the questions from the HireVue system: Practice Questions: "Explain why your background and experience would be a good fit for this job.", "Tell us what has been your best work achievement to this point in your career. What made this achievement important?", "Describe a difficult task you were faced with and how you addressed it." Real Questions: (8 of them) -"At Progressive, culture, core values, and commitment to diversity and inclusion redefine everything you might think about corporate environments. We're a Fortune 100 company with forward-thinking approaches, state-of-the-art technology, and endless opportunities to risk, learn and grow. Please tell us why you're interested in joining the Progressive team, and briefly describe your work history, including reasons for leaving each position." -"Of all the positions you worked in the last 5 years, what position did you like most and why? What position did you like least and why?" -"Describe a time when you solved a problem for someone in a way that exceeded their expectations. Please describe the situation, how you responded, and the results. How did you know what would exceed their expectations?" -"Tell me about a time when you struggled with or were overwhelmed by a new or difficult challenge at work or school. Please describe the situation, your actions, and the results. How were you able to remain accountable for your work during that stressful time?" -"Tell us about a time you received difficult or constructive feedback from a supervisor or educator. Describe the situation, how you responded, and the results. What did you do with the feedback?" -"Tell me about a situation when you had to adapt to a substantial change you encountered while working on an assignment at school or work. Please describe the situation, how you adapted to the change, and the results." -"Tell me about a situation in which you needed to make an important decision quickly, but were faced with conflicting information from multiple sources. Please describe the situation, your actions, and the results of your final decision." -"Tell me about a time when a customer or individual told you no at first and you were able to convince him or her to say yes. Give a detailed explanation of the process you used to persuade the customer."
162 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Atlanta, GA) in Dec 2021

Interview

Completed application. Completed assessment. Currently at the next step which is a virtual HireVue interview. I'm studying the questions for STAR format so I will be ready. Decided to post all the questions I have found for other reviewers so far. This way they don't have to dig for them like I had to. Will update with more results.

Interview Questions
  • -Of all the positions you worked in the last 5 years, what position did you like most and why? What position did you like least and why? -Describe a time when you solved a problem for someone in a way that exceeded their expectations. ----Please describe the situation, how you responded, and the results. How did you know what would exceed their expectations? -Tell me about a time when you struggled with or were overwhelmed by a new or difficult challenge at work or school. Please describe the situation, your actions, and the results. How were you able to remain accountable for your work during that stressful time? -Tell us about a time you received difficult or constructive feedback from a supervisor or educator. -Describe the situation, how you responded, and the results. What did you do with the feedback? -Tell me about a situation when you had to adapt to a substantial change you encountered while working on an assignment at school or work. Please describe the situation, how you adapted to the change, and the results. -Tell me about a situation in which you needed to make an important decision quickly, but were faced with conflicting information from multiple sources. Please describe the situation, your actions, and the results of your final decision -Tell me about a time when a customer or individual told you no at first and you were able to convince him or her to say yes. Give a detailed explanation of the process you used to persuade the customer -Name a time you had to dealing with conflicting information at work. -Tell me about a time that you were able to convince a customer to do something. -Describe a situation where you had to adapt to change. -Name a time you had a sudden change either at work or at school and how did you handle it? -My least and favorite job and why ? -Name a time you wish you had reacted differently to someone at work. -Go through your previous jobs, describe your role at each company and tell me why you left. -Tell me about a time you received negative feedback and how you responded to it. -Tell me about a time you did something wrong and how you fixed it. -Tell me about a time you made a hasty decision and what was the result. -Tell me about a time you had go above and beyond to meet a customer's expectations. -What is your worst work trait? -Tell me about a time you received different instructions from multiple people. -Tell me about a time a customer told you no and you changed their mind to a yes. -Tell me about a time you received negative feedback from a supervisor and what you learned from it. -Tell me about a time you did something wrong. How did you fix it? -Tell me about a time when there was a system change at work what steps did you take to adapt to this change? -What job did you like the most? What job did you like the least? And why? -Briefly describe your work history for the past five years and why you left -Describe a time where there was miscommunication, what you did to resolve it, and the outcome. -Describe a time where you had to adjust and adapt to a change at work, what you did, and the outcome. -Describe a time when you had to learn/do something new at work and the steps you took and the results -Talk about a time when you had to gather info to solve a problem. -Talk about a time when there was a misunderstanding between you & a customer regarding their expectations. -Talk about a time you had to adapt to or overcome change. -Talk about a time you needed to learn something new in order to accomplish a task at work. -Talk about how you organize and prioritize your projects and workload to make sure all of them are done correctly. -What interests you most about working in this role, which involves multitasking, navigating multiple systems, prioritizing, flexibility & prioritizing? -Name a time you had to negotiate (which could include compromise) -Name a specific time you had to use your time management skills, how did you do it and what was the result.
23 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Scranton, PA) in Nov 2021

Interview

The complete interview process from application to offer letter will take roughly four weeks. Almost everything is automated, so you will be receiving e-mails the entire time. They are pretty efficient in getting back to you with the next step, so the quicker you complete the agenda on your end, the faster the process goes. I graded the entire process as "average" because, while it is a long and challenging process, it is extremely standardized. This means that there is tons of information on Glassdoor, Indeed, and Reddit that will accurately help you prepare for the interview. In other words: it is a difficult interview that you will have a 'cheat sheet' for. Step 1: Find a job you are interested in on a job board and apply. (Make sure to add a resume, cover letter and any related documents.) Step 2: They will send you a link to an online assessment. Make sure you have an hour free of distractions and a paper, pencil and calculator with you. They will ask you basic business math questions and situations. Take your time during the assessment and read the ENTIRE question and instructions. These assessments are designed to trip you up with switching the order of the rating scale, double negatives, and different conversions. It doesn't mean the assessment is particularly challenging, it just means that you could be an intelligent person and still fail because you sped read the question that used cents and didn't notice the answer involved dollars, which required a simple conversion. This is a detail-oriented job and the goal is to weed out the dummies that don't pay attention to detail. Step 3: They will send you an e-mail with a link to a video recorded interview session with HireVue. You can schedule it at your leisure. They will ask you 8 STAR (situation, task, action, result) questions. So you want to make sure you tell a brief story with specifics and give a conclusion. The 8 questions are pulled from a question bank so each interview is slightly different, so pick stories that can be applied to various situations. All the questions have been listed by various other users on here. Write them down. Also, you can practice before you begin the interview. Normally, once you hit the "next question" button it gives you 30 seconds to prepare an answer. Speak concisely and confidently. You will have 2 attempts for each question. Once the second attempt is done, it auto-submits it, so if you nail the first attempt just use it. Step 4: Another e-mail will be sent to you with a request for a live interview. You will probably need to schedule it a few days out unless they have a cancellation. Since COVID is still a thing, you will be 1 on 1 with a manager, probably doing the call from their home. My interview was scheduled for an hour and went a few minutes over the hour, so just be prepared for that. The live interview is 3 parts: 1)Your background, 2)Five more STAR format questions, 3)Any questions you have/closing words. 1 - For the first part, it's more of a conversation. They will ask you about your education, your work background, what your boss would say your top 2 best qualities are, what your friends would say about your personality, what YOU think a typical day in this role would look like, how many phone calls you make in a day at your current role, if you will be living within 50 miles of the office by your start day, what your weaknesses are and how they impacted your performance in the past etc. These are pretty simple questions to answer - you know yourself better than anyone so just make sure you have a short list of strengths and weaknesses to pull from. This job is challenging, dynamic, with heavy claims volume, that involves attention to detail, integrity, prioritization, flexibility, time-management and independent decision making. Those should be the keywords you keep stressing represent you best. 2-Five more STAR based questions. I'm not sure if these change, but my interviewer asked me about a time I handled a difficult customer, a time I have to negotiate/compromise with a customer, a time I had to handle a difficult or challenging task at work, a time I used an organizational method to stay productive and when it worked/didn't work for me, and a time I struggled with or were overwhelmed by a difficult or challenging situation. 3-The last part should not be skipped over. They will give you an opportunity to ask questions. Don't ask cheesy, stupid questions. Make a list of 8-10 questions you really DO want to know, so they sound genuine. Don't just copy some moronic list off the internet. The interviewer will tell you you'll receive an answer within ten days. I got a phone call the very next day from the corporate recruiter with an offer, but it may take up to a week for some people. Good luck!

Interview Questions
  • Scroll through the other submission on GlassDoor - all the questions are listed on there. These are actual questions asked in the video interview. Keep in mind that the questions are randomized for each interview, so practice them all.
20 people found this interview helpful

Progressive Insurance

Application

I interviewed at Progressive Insurance

Interview

Applied and did the assessment and was passed up. Just because you passed the assessment they still can pass you up. Overall too experience. Take your time on the assessment.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about handling all difficult customer? What did you do?

Progressive Insurance

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance

Interview

Multiple Star Style Interviews, Give me an example type of questions, one technical interview, The process was fast. HR recruiters are nice, I feel like the managers don't know what they want and don't really know how to find the talent for software developers

Interview Questions
  • Give me a example type questions on what you have done, Technical Interview was review of resume and questions on OOP

Progressive Insurance

Application

I interviewed at Progressive Insurance

Interview

Terrible! I feel that their computerized test is biased. I am certain I passed it; the math and vocabulary was ridiculously easy and yet they claim I didn't. I am very disturbed and don't believe their hiring practices are fair or even lawful.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Progressive Insurance

Application

I interviewed at Progressive Insurance

Interview

Did the online application and submitted my resume. They responded back the next day with email with an online assessment to take which entailed trick questions and a mock customer service experience at the end. Then next day got offer for video interview through Truevue waiting on the results

Interview Questions
  • How did you change or adapt to a unforeseen situation that arose

Progressive Insurance

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in Jan 2022

Interview

I applied to work for Progressive on January 4th, 2021. That same day, I was invited to take the pre-employment assessment. The very next morning, I was invited to take a recorded interview through HireVue. I was very excited. Upon reading other reviews, everyone said how important it was/is to study for their behavioral based question. There were 8 on the recording. You get two attempts and initially only 30 seconds to prepare to answer. You have to answer them in STAR format. They want you to tell them a story. I must say I did my recording the day it was accessible to me. I was super eager. I've watched videos and read the reviews. But nothing truly prepares you for the questions being asked. There were questions that asked about things I had never experienced. So, I had to create a story on the fly. It was truly difficult and complex. Today, January 6th, I received an email saying I was not selected. It was definitely a bummer. But I accept the things I can't change. I'm not sure if I'll apply again. My hopes were super high that I received two emails saying congratulations, then to end up being turned down truly sucks. I think that even if I would have applied myself more, it wouldn't had mattered as the questions did not coincide with any of my job experiences. They told me to apply again in 6 months. Probably will. Probably won't. Good luck to everyone trying though! My process was fairly quick. At least they didn't waste my time! Jan 4th- Applied Jan 4th- Invite to take assessment Jan 5th- Invite to take Hirevue interview Jan 5th- Took HireVue interview Jan 6th- No offer

1 person found this interview helpful

Progressive Insurance

Application

I interviewed at Progressive Insurance

Interview

Study up on the STAR system of interviewing. This is how each of my interviews were conducted, I ended up writing 5-8 answers to study to make sure I did not repeat anything on my phone or in person interview.

Interview Questions
  • Give me a specific example of a time when you had to comply with a policy you disagreed with.
  • Tell me about a recent situation in which you had to deal with an agitated customer or coworker.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,224 Interviews