Progressive Insurance Interview Questions

Updated 11 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Progressive Insurance

3.2
HardAverageEasy
Found 1966 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Tampa, FL) in Feb 2021

Interview

Progressive doesn't actually interview. They send you through a program called HireVue so they never actually interview you. The result? Your answers are automatically scored and you never talk to a real person. I hate that this company does this. Hopefully this review makes them reconsider their processes.

Interview Questions
  • Here's the questions from the HireVue system: Practice Questions: "Explain why your background and experience would be a good fit for this job.", "Tell us what has been your best work achievement to this point in your career. What made this achievement important?", "Describe a difficult task you were faced with and how you addressed it." Real Questions: (8 of them) -"At Progressive, culture, core values, and commitment to diversity and inclusion redefine everything you might think about corporate environments. We're a Fortune 100 company with forward-thinking approaches, state-of-the-art technology, and endless opportunities to risk, learn and grow. Please tell us why you're interested in joining the Progressive team, and briefly describe your work history, including reasons for leaving each position." -"Of all the positions you worked in the last 5 years, what position did you like most and why? What position did you like least and why?" -"Describe a time when you solved a problem for someone in a way that exceeded their expectations. Please describe the situation, how you responded, and the results. How did you know what would exceed their expectations?" -"Tell me about a time when you struggled with or were overwhelmed by a new or difficult challenge at work or school. Please describe the situation, your actions, and the results. How were you able to remain accountable for your work during that stressful time?" -"Tell us about a time you received difficult or constructive feedback from a supervisor or educator. Describe the situation, how you responded, and the results. What did you do with the feedback?" -"Tell me about a situation when you had to adapt to a substantial change you encountered while working on an assignment at school or work. Please describe the situation, how you adapted to the change, and the results." -"Tell me about a situation in which you needed to make an important decision quickly, but were faced with conflicting information from multiple sources. Please describe the situation, your actions, and the results of your final decision." -"Tell me about a time when a customer or individual told you no at first and you were able to convince him or her to say yes. Give a detailed explanation of the process you used to persuade the customer."
    1 Answer
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Nashville, TN) in Apr 2021

Interview

You start with a pre-employment assessment that includes an unexpected call simulation at the end. If you make it past that, you will move to a one-sided video interview where the computer will ask you questions and you will record yourself answering them. You can re-record yourself once on each question and each question has a 3 minute time limit. They expect all answers to have strong background stories and be presented in the STAR format. This can make or break your interview. Even if you think you have STAR format down, tighten it up more. I'm not sure what happens beyond this point. I would assume...or at least hope you would get to speak to a live person for a next interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you received different instructions from multiple people.
  • Tell me about a time a customer told you no and you changed their mind to a yes.
  • Tell me about a time you received negative feedback from a supervisor and what you learned from it.
  • Tell me about a time you did something wrong. How did you fix it?
Progressive Insurance
Application

I interviewed at Progressive Insurance

Interview

Very organized and put together process. Not a lot of time waiting for response, very responsive. Easy to maneuver through. Everyone is very helpful and able to answer any questions you have.

Interview Questions
  • How has your previous experience helped with current situations?
Progressive Insurance
Application

I interviewed at Progressive Insurance

Interview

Very thorough but well done interview process. Questions using the STAR format. Multiple levels to go through in the hiring process. Seems they care to find only the best they can hire.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you faced a new challenge at work and how you responded to it and handled it.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, OH
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, OH) in May 2021

Interview

Tested me on jargon and rarely used application features. Zero questions about work experience or previous deployments. Zero questions about programming. No real opportunity to speak. Interviewer was rude and seemed overwhelmed. Dehumanizing experience.

Interview Questions
Progressive Insurance
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Kansas City, MO) in May 2021

Interview

Firs you do an online assessment. If you pass you will be sent a link to record your answer to 8 behavioral questions. i found the questions online here on glassdoor so i was able to prepare. i passed that then got a link to schedule a face to face interview. it was totally mortifying! She asked me questions asking for examples of my current job and i had none. it was largely focused around sales ( in my opinion) and questions on how I was able to change a customers mind. My job is mostly troubleshooting also a lot of my day is off phone work. Not upscaling products and services. her questions were Alien to me.My current industry is completely different and interviewer could not relate to the answers I gave. I felt defeated. i will find out in a week if i got the job or not

Interview Questions
  • Give an example on how you were able to persuade a customer or change their mind (something on those lines) i don't remember
Anonymous Employee in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA, Optional[WA]
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA, Optional[WA]) in Apr 2021

Interview

My interview story is a little different than usual. I applied about 2 months ago, and immediately got the request for the short assessment - this was half vocabulary/grammar and half math (mostly with percentages, because they want to know if you can calculate coinsurance), followed by an impromptu mock call where you were instructed to take a fake call and follow their short instructions beforehand. This was all very easy, but it did take me about 45 minutes to complete. A day later, I got a request to do a short video interview which was 8 questions you had to record the answer to. Again, with any experience whatsoever with interviews, you'll do fine here. It was all the standard questions - why do you want to work here, why do you want to leave your current job, followed by a few behavioral based questions ("tell us about a time when..."). It was about 2 days after that, that I received an email directly from the recruiter and she thanked me for applying but the job had already been filled by the time I submitted my video interview. She said she really liked my application and wanted to keep me in mind for future opportunties, which I readily agreed to. Fast forward about a month and a half. I received an email again from the recruiter asking if I was still interested, and after I told her I was, she sent me a link to directly apply for the position - it was not a publicly posted link, it was just for me. Perhaps someone decided not to take the offer? I don't know. The next day after applying, she sent me an email requesting a Zoom interview with two of the hiring managers, which I accepted. My Zoom interview was about an hour long, and included LITERALLY the exact questions the previous poster listed (I think from October 2020? They posted the entire interview on here). Because I had already read that interview, I was prepared for those types of questions. I asked a lot too, because I genuinely wanted to be sure I wanted to work here (I have another job offer from a competitor). Immediately after the interview, we're talking maybe 5 minutes after I logged off, I emailed the recruiter because I had forgotten to ask during the interview how long it would take to hear back. She called me 3 hours later and extended a job offer! That was the fastest I'd ever heard back from a company, which was flattering. In summary, it was a very easy and enjoyable process. The interview questions, all of them, were standard and not anything I haven't heard before. As long as you do your research beforehand you will be fine. Make sure to research behavioral based questions, the role you're applying for, and the company itself. Best of luck! (I accepted my offer. Yay!)

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about our company and why are you applying here?
Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Plymouth, MI) in Mar 2021

Interview

I had applied for a interview with Progressive 3 years ago and if was awful so I was very hesitant this time around. However this interview experience was totally different. I applied on line and 3 days later I received an email invite to take an online assessment. The assessment was long and tedious with basic math and vocabulary. After that was completed I was invited to do the online interview. You are given 8 questions ( STAR Based) and self record your answers. You get 2 tries. After that I did the F2f interview via zoom. My interviewer was nice and inviting. It was like speaking with a long lost friend. The interview last exactly an hour and went great! 4 days later on a Thursday I was called with an offer. It took abt 7 day for my background to be completed. Im excited to see what the company has to offer!

Interview Questions
Progressive Insurance
Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Phoenix, AZ)

Interview

Easy. One interview with hiring manager/supervisor. Most of the questions were situational such as "tell me about a time that you worked with an irate customer" or "tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a customer." They want to know if you can handle lots of phone calls where customers are mostly angry, yelling, or crying. You need skills to work with a variety of cultures and be able to type and talk at the same time. They provide excellent training but you need basic customer service and computer skills to get in the door.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time that you worked with an irate customer. Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a customer.
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (New York, NY)

Interview

I received an email asking me to do an assessment, and if I passed I'd be contacted for next steps. The next day a recruiter asked me for a phone interview. During the phone interview, he thought I was a good fit for a higher up position than the one I applied for, so he reached out to the hiring manager to gauge her interest. She was interested, so they asked me to do a technical interview to assess my skills and if I passed I'd move on to the next step. After that I was asked to do four 1-hour interviews with members from the team I'd be on and the hiring manager. A week after the last interview, the recruiter reached out to me with an offer, contingent upon clearing a background check. After negotiating a bit, I accepted the offer. The interviewing experience was great. I was kept informed throughout the whole thing, they were flexible and accommodating of my current work schedule, and everyone was incredibly nice.

Interview Questions
  • Technical Interview questions were high level about different software I have experience with, for example "Can you describe the difference between an inner join and left outer join?"
  • The rest of the interviews were STAR format, like "Tell me about a time you made an ambitious suggestion to your manager."
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,966 Interviews