Reynolds and Reynolds Trainee Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Reynolds and Reynolds Trainee Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Reynolds and Reynolds

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Birmingham, England) in August 2020.

Interview

Testing was quite brutal and extensive, longest part was all of the testing, expected some competence testing but this was quite a bit more than what I'd expected. I can understand however that for the role a person must be mathematically equipped, however I do not feel I did that bad

Interview Questions

• Questions on non-verbal reasoning from what I can remember, felt like an IQ test   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Trainee Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

First stage after CV/cover letter was a 1 hour aptitude assessment (letter series, shape series, maths word problems) and 45 minute personality assessment. Nothing extremely difficult, just long.

Second stage was a 20 minute Skype interview with a recruiter.

This was followed by an "Ethics Assessment" which asked about things like drugs and theft in the workplace.

The next stage was a proctored assessment. In my case this was literally the same 1 hour assessment I had done earlier, just done while on a Skype call with someone on the other end.

The final stage I got to was a pair of hour long, one-on-one interviews done over Skype with a couple of managers. Both asked pretty much the same questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Birmingham, England) in November 2019.

Interview

Very long Iq style testing, followed by an interview with an HR person.
    After spending a long time and passing IQ style test, I had a first screening with HR, this only lasted 10 minutes, then got ghosted for 2 weeks, until I got an automated decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Birmingham, England) in October 2019.

Interview

First they conducted an online assessment which was aptitude test for about 2 hrs.Then there was a tecephonic interview with general questions.After that a face to face skype interview where they ask about your technical knowledge proficiency and what they offer in the job role,also your background job experience.After that they again conducted the same aptitude test through skype which is similar to what you do in the first phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Birmingham, England) in September 2019.

Interview

This process is too long to consider if you aren't 100% certain to get the job.

First, you have to fill out an application form, pretty standard. It's plastered with warnings that they do not hire smokers, if that's an issue for you - it's not for me, so I continued.

Then, I had to complete an online IQ test style assessment which takes TWO HOURS (remember this part). Then there was a skype interview, which was average, standard questions - they forward your answers to an in-person interviewer if you make it that far.

Following the skype interview I was asked to complete an "ethics quiz" which was an agree/disagree style survey that asks whether you agree with inane statements such as "Most people succeed in business because of nepotism" or "Someone was caught smoking cannabis in their lunch break. They should be fired". I completed it, then received an email from the recruiter saying either I had given conflicting answers or I hadn't given strong opinions on enough statements for the result to be accurate. This meant I had to do the entire quiz again.

After all of that, I was invited to an in person interview in Birmingham, UK. Now, bear in mind that Birmingham is a 3 hour journey for me - something the recruiter remarked upon during my skype interview. The scheduled interview date was far enough in advance that I could get a good price on train tickets - but then the same recruiter asked me if I could come in and meet with a manager before then, with the date only giving me a few days notice. I declined.

Remember that online asssessment? Turns out they don't trust you! I had to set up a webcam showing my screen and myself so someone in the USA could watch me complete the assessment AGAIN. Might I add these have no impact on anyones ability to do the job I was applying for. Anyway, I apparently did well enough to still be invited to an in person interview (they give no indication of how you fared)

At this point I was wondering if the whole thing was worth it. The day of the in person interview came, and I was pleasantly surprised - I was interviewed one on one, separately, by two senior software/product managers who told me their evaluation would be done independent of each other, then sent to the recruitment people in the USA for a final decision. It wasn't a particularly technical interview - languages, frameworks and the like were discussed but it was an entry level position, so no coding questions etc. Overall, I thought the two interviews went reasonably well, but unsure. It seems as if the hiring managers get very little say.

So, what do I get for 5 weeks of diligently working through their process? An automated email that stressed it was being sent from an address that didn't accept replies; so no chance of feedback, and two sentences:

"Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Reynolds and Reynolds. At this time, you have not been selected for the next steps in our process."

I'm sorry I wasted days of my time with a company that has such disregard for people they might hire: I took multiple days off of work to jump through hoops for them, and they didn't have the decency to explain why they said no. Would this behaviour have been accepted if it was the other way round? I think not.

Please, if you value your time, find a company that doesn't expect a performing monkey.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Coventry, England) in April 2019.

Interview

Phone Call 15 minutes with typical questions, followed by an online coding tests. Then Skype Interview with very friendly people, followed by an automated no thank you mail. Also very invasive on personal matters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Birmingham, England) in September 2018.

Interview

1. Send CV
    2. Aptitude test
    3. Phone interview
    4. Aptitude test and ethics quiz
    5. 2 interviews with different people

The testing was time consuming, then I had to repeat them to prove that it was me taking the tests.

The interview was the same with two different people which was also time consuming, they asked the same questions!

Ethics quiz was just demoralising, asking whether I would steal from the office or get high before work.

The whole process from start to finish was inefficient and a waste of time.

My interviews seemed to go well and smoothly, but just over a week after my last interview, all I received was an automated email to say that they wont be taking my application further. No feedback!!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.