Rise Technical Recruitment Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Rise Technical Recruitment Interview Questions

Interviews at Rise Technical Recruitment

Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rise Technical Recruitment (Bristol, England) in December 2019.

Interview

Submitted CV and was called and chatted for about 15 mins just about me, if i had any questions etc. Then invited for a face to face interview, but they then never followed up, not even a rejection.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rise Technical Recruitment (Bristol, England) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online and got a call the same day inviting me to an interview the next week, which was with two members of their team and mainly asked about me as a person, my ambitions, heroes, and what motivates me.
    After this I was invited back to a second interview with a more senior member of the team who asked pretty much the same kind of questions.
    I heard a couple of days after this that I had not been successful in the interview stage.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rise Technical Recruitment (Bristol, England) in June 2018.

Interview

Very unprofessional! I initially had a phone interview and then I was invited to attend an interview at their Bristol office. The interview was informal, which I enjoyed, but especially one of the interviewers was constantly bragging up about his success in the company. They seemed to enjoy our chat and I was told that I would be invited to a second interview in a few days. Well, that never happened! I chased up a few times by e-mail and due to the lack of response I contacted the person who initially reached me out for the phone interview and when finally she decided to come back to me, she told me that she was sorry but there would not be a second interview. I tried to find out why, but she never came back to me. This has never happened to me before, I was shocked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rise Technical Recruitment (Bristol, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Very intense, professional environment. Two guys did the interviewing and went through my CV in a very systematic and through way. They were keen to get my off the scent of recruitment to make sure that I had a good reason to get the job. Lots of questions about my values, culture, dreams, ambitions, hopes etc. Not your typical interview- a lot more engaged. Went for a first interview with two guys and got invited for a second/third on the same day the next week. The second was with the director of operations- really nice guy, much more relaxed but still tried to get me to stick to other careers and needing some convincing that recruitment was right for me. Got asked in every interview about my hero and what makes me tick. Quite a disappointing experience in the end because they were quite positive and led me on a bit as if they were overly pleased, but no offer in the end. nice guys, but very serious and committed to finding the right person even if you have all the right answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rise Technical Recruitment (Bristol, England).

Interview

Applied online via Jobsite, got a call less than half an hour later and had a telephone chat with the internal recruiter for Rise. She put me forward for an interview with two team managers in the company the following week. They were friendly and the interview was easy enough - just questions about my background, ambitions, and why recruitment was for me, etc. I went away from that interview feeling good, and got a call offering me a 2nd stage interview an hour later.

The second interview was much tougher but the interviewer was still very nice. His questions were far more intense, and I got grilled on why I'd switched directions from marketing to recruitment. He wouldn't let it go and made me feel a bit foolish for (as he put it) 'abandoning my passion' and going into a new career field. We chatted about Rise itself and the company philosophy, how everyone could succeed there regardless of experience or background - you just have to have the right morals and the right personality.

However I received an email the following week telling me I was unsuccessful due to a lack of experience in sales. Coming from a background in retail, I was a bit confused - plus they preached about how you don't need experience to succeed in recruitment and then rejected me because of lack of experience...

Overall the interview process was good - very friendly people, excellent communication and organisation. However they should adjust the job description from 'trainee' if you do indeed need to have experience. If I didn't have the initial experience, why even interview me?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rise Technical Recruitment (Bristol, England) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online via a job site for the position, a few days later was left a voicemail that stated my CV and they would be happy to have a chat. I returned the call when I had an opportunity to have a brief conversation on the phone to the Regional Recruitment Manager about why I was interested in the job and was offered a face to face interview in two days time.

Met with the RRM and had what is a CV run through, starting at school working through to your higher education and questioning the motivations and reasons behind these parts of your life, Moving onto what was my most relevant job roles in Sales and was asked about my reasons to what drove me to those jobs and what made me leave them.

Then to the most relevant why are you here today interviewing at RISE, why Recruitment? , This First stage was ended by a brief conversation about my travelling arrangements and getting up to Bristol.

I was told the interview was over and that I would receive a call from a more Senior Member of the team if there is any further interest or not. I left the building and had been out of the building about 5-10minutes and I received a phone call from the Senior Manager asking me to come in again the following day to have a second stage interview with himself.
    I went up the next morning and interviewed with the Senior Manager, Was a very similar run through of the CV, this interview seemed much more progressive as we delved a bit into the commission structures and had a laugh that neither of us are good with our hands and that is why we do Sales Based jobs.

Was told that I would receive a call from either himself or the RRM about coming in for a Third Stage interview with the Director, I went up the following week and had an interview with the Director were it was again a very similar process of the CV run through, this one was more of a critical analysis of why I left my previous jobs. Went out to meet some consultant for a bit to see the job itself and a breakdown of the systems they have available and then was taken back into the interview to have a very brief chat with the Senior Manager.

He asked me how I felt and said that they would be in touch the very same day and Inform me whether or not I was Successful.

I was called later that day and was informed that I was unsuccessful and that my travelling distance played a massive factor into why I was unsuccessful, However I was told that I did Interview well and have some good skills to be able to put into recruitment.

Although unsuccessful I can say my outcome from the interview was Positive, After actually seeing the recruitment systems and the whole process that is on offer as a recruiter, I can say that I am positive that recruitment Is defiantly my next step in my Career and thoroughly look forward to working in the industry soon.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rise Technical Recruitment (Bristol, England) in March 2017.

Interview

3 stage interview, afterwhich they offered me a role. Agreed that I would call back in a month or so once I had finished my degree. Called back several times and each time was told that the people who had interviewed me were in meetings. Gave up after a while, huge waste of my time and not a great experience.

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rise Technical Recruitment (Bristol, England) in March 2017.

Interview

two stage interview, first stage was with two people, more of a discussion, they like to put you under slight pressure, understandably as they want to see how you would deal with it. just keep your cool as you would in a professional environment and you will be fine. second interview was with of the co directors, he was a little intimidating and wanted to know my motivations so i had to prove i was determined, again some slight pressure but if you stay controlled its fine

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next morning. Briefly chatted about why I wanted the job then was invited to an interview a couple of weeks later. The HR lady I was meant to have the interview with was unavailable so instead I had it with a regional manager. It was basically all CV based, they also asked me what I knew about recruitment. Weird question they asked was "who is your hero?" To which you're meant to answer "my parents". The interviewer looked at me weird when I didn't give him this answer. They also ask where do you see yourself in 5 years time, how can you prove that you won't quit this job after a day? Bit weird as well, don't know how you can predict the future. If I could I wouldn't be working at Rise as I'd be a billionaire 😂

They told me they don't hire based on experience, only on skills and potential. Despite this they sent me a rejection email two days later saying they wouldn't hire me as I had no sales experience. I'm quite annoyed at this as nowhere on my CV did I claim I had sales experience so why did they interview me in the first place? Waste of my time, wouldn't bother again.

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rise Technical Recruitment (Bristol, England) in October 2016.

Interview

had a first stage interview with who would be my direct manager which was very relaxed and more about finding out where I saw myself in the future.
    I then came to a second interview with the director and met the team I would join, this was also very relaxed and about finding out where I wanted to be in the future.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.