Rolls-Royce Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 2 Aug 2018

3.3

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview was definitely harder than I expected. The first question made me put all my cards on the table. The questions were geared toward academic life, so that can be good if you dont have any prior experience. 3 technical questions, but if you are a true aerospace engineer, they shouldnt cause a problem.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the greatest challenge you have overcome?   Answer Question

LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in September 2009.

Interview

The LDP hiring process comprises of (usually) an on campus interview, followed by an on site assessment. The assessment has 3 or 4 parts -- generally: a team assignment, and individual opportunity to convey technical knowledge, and a standard behavioral interview. Oh, and an online test called a psychometric test.

Interview Questions

• The individual writing part was the most unexpected for me.   Answer Question

Had other offers that I wanted to take more

Strategic Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Interview

First was a phone screen to review the resume. Second was a phone screen by on site HR follow up. Third was an on site with the hiring manager. Standardized topics, with multiple questions the manager can ask depending on the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is happening around the globe that can impact the Aerospace industry?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN (US)).

Interview

The hiring process took about 10 weeks from application to offer acceptance. It was the most unorganized process I've ever experienced, but I'd like to think this is due to 1 inefficient recruiter.

Applied in August and received an email request for a phone interview 2 weeks later. About a week later I received an email request from a different recruiter for a face-to-face interview in Indianapolis. Within a day or so they had organized my flight and hotel and forwarded me interview confirmation.
    I interviewed about a week later.
    The interview was easy. They asked questions about my background, told me about the position and their expectations and gave me a brief tour of the facility. Most of the discussion was me asking questions.
    The day after my interview I received an email from the initial phone interview recruiter stating that I will no longer be in contact with her (or the second recruiter) but will need to contact a new person going forward. okay....
    I received an offer the next day via phone, but didn't receive the letter for a week. I countered the very next day and didn't receive an update for a week. This negotiation untimeliness made this process extremely long and tiring. When I was lucky enough to get in touch with the new recruiter she was disorganized and untimely. We went back and forth over PTO, base salary and start date. Start date constantly changed because it took so long for them to counter.

Final paperwork was signed on week 10 and I started 2-3 weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

1. Phone Screen Interview: asked basic questions about myself-lasted about 15 minutes--interview was with an HR manager
    2. Phone Behavioral Interview: asked behavioral questions and one or two job specific questions--lasted about 30 minutes--interview was with someone in job.
    3. Assessment Center: all day interview at their office in Indianapolis, IN. I was asked to prepare a speech about myself, behavioral interview questions, case studies, group projects, and technical questions were asked.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview. The interviewers were very laid back and relaxed, making it a comfortable environment. I talked with them at a college career fair and was called later that day for an interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What is a time you have had to work in a group towards a difficult goal?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you were given a task to complete that you were unsure how to complete. How did you go about completing it?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

There were 2 interviews. One by a local manager and the other one via video conferencing with a manager in Derby. First interviewer asked a few technical questions regarding aircraft engines and certain manufacturing processes.

Interview Questions

• Describe how a gas turbine engine works   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Met at a career fair, had to take some tests, and then had an in-person interview. After that I traveled to Indianapolis and had a full day-interview at their interviewing center. They were extremely accommodating and friendly, overall a great experience. I felt extremely comfortable and at ease throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• How do you think Rolls-Royce can improve?   Answer Question
    • What in the news do you think is affecting Rolls-Royce and how will the company react to it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce in June 2017.

Interview

First have received the phone interview let me talk about why apply this position. The on-site interview let me do the 5-10 minutes self-introduce presentation. Then ask me behavioral questions, then do the group discussion and finally do the technique interview

Interview Questions

• what do you think strengthen you to qualify this position   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Interview

One behavioral interview. Asked a lot of behavioral questions and took about half an hour. It was a phone screen interview and the interviewer was very nice. Had a good conversation about what I want to do at the firm.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.