Rolls-Royce Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Rolls-Royce Interview Questions

Updated 24 Apr 2017

3.4

Manufacturing Engineer Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walpole, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Walpole, MA (US)).

Interview

I had a phone screen with a recruiter in the Philippines. One of the questions was what is your total current salary with benefits and what do you want to be at? Later, the hiring manager on the phone interview stated that my salary was too high. There was a miscommunication there in that he did not understand the information provided to him was with benefits.

The phone screen was fairly easy with emphasis on general technical questions. I was informed that if they wanted to move forward they would be in touch within a week. I got a call the next day to schedule the interview.

The on site interview in Walpole, MA was a bit odd. It was with the hiring manager and the technical supervisor. They asked completely different technical questions from the first interview. It was obvious the technical supervisor didn't like my background experience despite the hiring manager being very interested in my background. They also when asked did not provide any details on benefits or any meaningful answers on workplace culture. I briefly met the boss of the hiring manager who also did not provide any information on the company's benefits package besides "we have an industry standard benefits package." This canned line was a huge red flag since I was looking for them to sell me on the above average 401k match policy employees have written about in company reviews within the past year. The plant tour was decent. While small, it was nice to see they were in the middle of upgrading the facility.

In the end, I was OK with not getting an offer due to all of the red flags and non answers I got.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

All over the phone. Pretty relaxed. First interview was with HR, the second was with the actual hiring managers. It was all over the phone as well. Over all, pretty easy going interview process.

Interview Questions

• 1st round- more behavioral questions than anything. Know current events effects Rolls Royce.
      2nd round- more casual. Less behavioral, more about the position and accounting based questions. Along with relevant experience.
      Answer Question

Operations Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce in December 2016.

Interview

I had my resume forwarded by a peer who worked for them in the summer and was hired full time. I had to email a couple times before I was asked to conduct a phone interview. Once I did that I called, emailed, and sent a thank you note before I heard back from anyone.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your leadership style?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had a conflict. What did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question
    • What have you seen in the news recently that would have an impact on Rolls-Royce?   Answer Question

Materials Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce in November 2016.

Interview

HR called to set up the phone interview. Called into the conference line, had the interview. It was a typical behavioral STAR interview with one general business sense question and one general engine question. There was a little problem with the conference line connection, but I was called by the interviewers' personal phone soon after and continued with the interview. The whole process was very accommodating and the people were very nice.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember it exactly, but it was something like: "Name some of the factors you would consider in deciding the materials selection for the engine." This was the general engine question.   1 Answer

Project Management Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment, interviewed initially on campus. After the interview, everyone was asked to apply directly at the Rolls-Royce careers site to take the assessments. After about 2 weeks, I received an email that I was selected to go to a final day of interviews at the assessment center.

During the final interviews, I was asked to give a 10 minute presentation. This was a little awkward as I was only given 1 interviewer to present to, so it ended up being made into more of a discussion. After this, there was a group interview where we were given 30 minutes to plan the completion of a project. After lunch, we had a final 1 on 1 interview/writing prompt. We were asked to take our group project and analyze steps in the project completion process. My interviewer for this last step seemed very unprepared and didn't seem to understand the questions he was asking.

Interview Questions

• What is a recent event in the media that would have an impact on Rolls-Royce?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Rolls-Royce?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Interview

This was just a preliminary phone interview, so it was all behavioral questions, nothing technical. Interview was kind of robotic - I was asked a question, answered it, and then was asked the next question right away. No follow ups to any of my answers, and not very engaging.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself, your future career goals, and why you chose Rolls Royce.   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN (US)).

Interview

Phone interview with manager asked general interviewing questions. Followed by in person interview which was more technical. The in person interview was conducted by a panel of 4 interviewers. Asked several questions ranging from previous experiences to theoretical questions.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (College Station, TX (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

I met them at the career fair at Texas A&M and talked to recruiters. I thought it didn't go to well, but got a call the next day for an interview. We met at a hotel and most of the questions were behavioral and only asked me technical question.

Interview Questions

• What current events are going to have some sort of influence on Rolls Royce and is that good for the company?   1 Answer

Improvement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone screen with 2 employees followed by an hour long on-site interview at Rolls-Royce in downtown Indianapolis. During the on-site interview, the interviewers asked me to complete a problem solving challenge involving data within excels and rules for the aforementioned data. In addition, the interviewers asked me what I knew about Rolls-Royce Digital and why I wanted to work there.

Controls Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (West Lafayette, IN (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

One one, asks about your previous experiences. A lot of situational questions, with two technical questions at the end. The interviewer was not engaging, and didn't ask many questions about my resume. Did not give much feedback if my answers were bad or good. They were behind on time, and felt kind of rushed.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.