Royal Mail Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Royal Mail Interview Questions

Updated 11 Nov 2017

2.4

Postman With Driving Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Royal Mail.

Interview

Applied online and got an email which involved completed online test. Got invited for an interview which last an hour with two gentlemen. Very relaxed and job offered a post but could not accept at that time. Will try again soon

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail.

Interview

if you are looking for a job and a basic salary this is your choice i applied online and it was easy they called me to an interview and i went

Interview Questions

• it was a relative basic interview where you are asked to complete some normal questions and depending if you like the job or not you will stay or not   1 Answer

Christmas Casual Interview

Interview

Royal Mail checked identification and right to work documents. They presented a list of available locations and shifts for applicants to choose from; it was first come first served with regards to selecting these.

Post Man/Woman With Driving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solihull, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Solihull, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied Online, Had to complete a test online which included a series of different number sequences which you had to compare from left to right and choose if they were the same or not. you have 30 seconds to complete each section. If you pass this section and are shortlisted you are invited to a 1 to 1 interview, which takes approx 1 hour

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Royal Mail and what do you know about the company   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work as a team to achieve something   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to take a different approach to complete a task   Answer Question

Postman/Postwoman With Driving Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hove, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Hove, England) in October 2017.

Interview

In person quick interview, half review of documents and half interview questions. Only looking for one example as an answer for each question, not necessary to prepare multiple responses. Overall a very relaxed and quick interview, definitely not looking to 'catch you out' with any of the questions

Postman Interview

Interview

Thought the interview went quite well. Didn't get an offer though. The manager was really pleasant ans the whole meeteing was very straightforward.
    Why do you want yo join Royal Mail
    What does good customer service mean to you

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Edinburgh, Scotland) in October 2017.

Interview

Firstly involved completing 2 tests online. one un-timed and one timed. The first involved your responses to various attitudes to work place situations and your responses were from most likely to least likely. The 2nd involved comparing sets of numbers and letters opposite each other and marking yes or no as to whether they matched exactly or not. As this test progressed you were given more and more numbers and letters and it became increasingly harder in the time available.

I then waited 3 weeks before being invited by automatic email to a one to one interview. You then logged into your account and chose your interview time.

Interview was scheduled for an hour and it lasted the full hour. Initially consisted of checking all paperwork there are detailed instructions in your email about what documents you require to take in and you also require to photocopy all your documents to leave with your interviewer. The interview then goes thro various competency based questions 6 in total and then 6 technical based questions. You are then invited to ask questions and finally an eyesight test at the end of the interview which involved reading a number plate at a distance.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about a time re team working. 2 how you deal with stress in workplace. 3 gave great customer service 4.how you dealt with a difficult customer.

Technical questions 1. Health & safety what it means to you. 2. what vehicle safety checks would you carry out before driving. 3. conflict in the workplace how do you deal with that. 4. how do you feel about working Saturdays. 5. what do you take into consideration re safety in the workplace   Answer Question

Postwoman With Driving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stroud, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Stroud, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then had to do two tests.
    Then was asked invited to an interview. Had interview with one lady, very friendly.
    Interview lasted about 45 mins in total.
    I had researched what questions they might ask before, so I was prepared. They ask quite a few scenario questions, like give an example of when you've had to deal with difficult customer and how you resolved it etc. At the end of the interview they walk you out and then you have to read a number plate from a distance.

Passed interview, but no job offer.

Interview Questions

• What health and safety checks would you do?   1 Answer

Christmas Casual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Rochester, South East England, England) in October 2017.

Interview

I had to take all the required documents to the registration event, very laid back atmosphere with no pressure. After picking my shift pattern I sat in a hall with lots of other people and waited for my name to be called out. We then went though my documents and then I was told to sit over the other side of the room and wait to be seen by someone else. The second man went over my documents again and gave me information about the warehouse and parking facilities etc and gave me a piece of paper that I have to bring with me when I start the job. Very simple and no interview type questions asked.

Postwoman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bungay, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Bungay, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Friendly and put you at ease. Asked standard questions that they ask everybody. Checked documents before interview process. Also had to read and sign a declaration form. About 13 questions. Read a car number plate at the end for the sight test.

Interview Questions

• What checks would you make on your vehicle   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.