Royal Mail Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 11 Nov 2018

2.4

Ops Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal Mail (London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

informal interview with hiring manager and then online tests required in your own time. This was then followed by a formal interview which was based on standard comptency based questions - 5 questions plus time for own questions

Interview Questions

• Standard competency based questions generated based on tests   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal Mail (London, England) in July 2008.

Interview

2 interviews, first with two people who then left, one with C-level exec.

Interview Questions

• If I cut you open, what 3 words would you bleed?   1 Answer
    • What was the happiest time of your life?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail in March 2015.

Interview

What an absolute joke. After being emailed the interview time, date and location I showed up as prepared as ever. Only to discover that there was no one expecting me. So I called the recruitment consultant at Royal Mail and they said they were expecting me at 12:30pm rather than the 3pm I had been given in an email confirmation. They then tried to make out it was my fault! I guess I dodged a bullet, if they can't even organise an interview properly imagine what else they stuff up.

Would you work for a company that doesn't take accountability for their mistakes?

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail (London, England).

Interview

I initially applied to this role through an online form. The whole process took about six weeks in total to complete. The online form submitted was quite detailed and longer than average, including competency-based questions to provide answers for. Despite it's length the system was relatively straight forward to follow with no surprises along the way.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Royal Mail (London, England) in September 2011.

Interview

Was initially contacted via Linkedin , the 2 round telephone interview and then a face to face
    The process is quite straight forward but decision making takes a long time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult all competency based questions really   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate hard and you will probably get it as this is your opportunity and once you are in you don;t get any real increment anyway

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (London, England) in May 2013.

Interview

2 interviewers, it would seem they were playing good cop bad cop - asked me to say what I would do if I got the job, every time I suggested something, I was told how that wouldn't work there because the Royal Mail was different to anything I would have ever experienced before. I thought it was a pointless hour of my life. I felt that they had already made up their mind and I was part of a box ticking exercise.

Interview Questions

• What changes would you make to Royal Mail procurement function?   1 Answer

Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Manchester, England) in March 2011.

Interview

Was very fast and good, did not have to wait very long for the interview. They called me within two days and informed me I was selected and had to join within 15 days at Manchester.

Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Edinburgh, Scotland) in April 2010.

Interview

Assessment centre with 2interviews based on leadership questions . Presentation on material given and role play . 2 One hour interviews skills test and verbal written work. Expect to supply right to work documents photo Passport bank details and general work life history for past five years

Logistics Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Coventry, England) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, a few weeks later there was a call to confirm interview and then an email with presentation topic. It was 2 day process - dinner with other interviewees and HR manager but no interviewers. The next day was an assessment centre - Group Exercise, Presentation and Individual interview

Logistics Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rugby, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Rugby, England) in August 2014.

Interview

Online test, phone interview, then an assessment centre which is roughly 5-6 hours based in Warwick.

The assessment took place in a very nice country estate which looks like its used for weddings/group stays/conferences, it was lovely.

Current RM staff/managers/previous trainees were present to see how things are going and answer questions you have, so use this time to build a good natural rapport, they're usually always a nice bunch :)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you've had to make a decision with not much information or time, what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.