SAP Concur Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

SAP Concur Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at SAP Concur

2.7

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SAP Concur (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Get a call from a recruiter, probably 1 month after I applied for a position. After that, the interview process run normal, roughly 1 week to get a phone interview, and another almost 1 week to get an onsite interview. I thought I did okay on an interview, in particular, a coding question as the hiring manager even gave me a thumbs up when I solved a question given to me.
Then comes to the waiting period for a hiring decision, which I was told earlier that they usually move quickly. Initially, I waited for 2 weeks, then ask the recruiter. I got a reply, that I should be hearing a decision by the end of the next day. I waited again for four days, and finally I was told that they have hired someone. But they told me that my interview result was positive, and asked me if I would like to consider another open position. Unfortunately, the requirement doesn't match with my skills and experience, and I think the recruiter should know about it as well. I simply said, that I don't think my skills match with the requirement, but it's up to them to review my resume. At the end, I'm not sure if they found a younger candidate or someone who is willing to take less money, or better than me. I don't know and I'm not judging on this. But the purpose on this review, is to share my experience which may happen to other candidate as well. Bottom line, if you don't hear from them after several days, then just move on.

Interview Questions

• The question was not really tricky. Prepare your self in algorithm and be comfortable of writing code in a white board.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SAP Concur

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP Concur (Bellevue, WA (US)).

Interview

Having 10+ years in the industry at both startups and major corporations and having interviewed with many many companies, this is hands down my worst experience.

Talked to recruiter to discuss general expectations, start date, etc. Then had 5 interviews with different people. Some were just talk about programming, some easy-level “cracking coding interview” questions. Passed them all and later got email from recruiter that they want to make me offer.

Offer was a bit disappointing but I decided to accept and from this point sadness started. A lot of emailing back and forth about how they are finalizing offer, getting something approved, some additional people who want to interview me, other teams who are also interested in me, etc.. After 3 weeks and no actual offer on paper, I started ignoring their emails. I ended up securing an offer with a late stage startup in the same area and with a 30% larger offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAP Concur (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

A couple calls with a recruiter to get a feel for the job, salary expectations, and general fit. A subsequent technical phone interview talking about background, experience, and technologies used.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SAP Concur in September 2016.

Interview

Interview with recruiter to begin with.

30 min Interview with reporting manager. Questions were mainly about projects I have been doing in current position.

3 Skype interviews scheduled. 45 mins each.

1st Skype interview with senior engineer. No technical questions asked. He explained about the project he is working on and the technology used.

2nd interviewer cancelled the interview.

3rd skype interview was behavioral interview.

Did not hear back from them after that. Had a feeling during Skype interview that they were not interested in hiring me. Also no technical questions were asked even though I was being interviewed for senior software engineer position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had to disclose something to your customer which you were not comfortable with.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAP Concur (Vienna, VA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

4 interview, 2 with hiring manage and 1 with VP of company. Interview was basically about your past experience and how would you handle certain situations in terms of your skill set vs job requirements. More behavioral questions and HR questions. Very general HR questions and it's based on your resume.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I interviewed at SAP Concur (Redmond, WA (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Initial phone call for knowing more about you. Later a half hour technical interview which was good and more stressed on the crisis handling.Waiting for the 1:1 interview scheduled next week.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAP Concur (Bellevue, WA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

I was attracted to the role through an internal recruiter. She was aggressive but I liked it because she was to the point, told me what the role was, the opportunity which led to phone interview and multiple rounds before hire.

I would like to see the hiring process simplified. I felt it took too long, but I also understand the company wants to be thorough, although sometimes I felt it was to satisfy the many stakeholders.

Interview Questions

• Being drilled multiple times about handling a crisis. Each time I had an answer, the interviewer dug deeper.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAP Concur (Eden Prairie, MN (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews by technical and non-technical members followed by a formal personal interview at their campus.

Interview Questions

Got a promotion in the current job.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at SAP Concur (Redmond, WA (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

The Phone screen was easy and it went through well. The half-day 1:1 interviews went well too. The technical questions asked were not difficult at all - mostly around writing a simple query or writing a simple class. The behavioral questions are probably given more importance than the technical ones - one possible reason the interview didn't result in an offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SAP Concur (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was one of the worst interview experience i have ever faced in my career so far. One of senior member in panel was so pathetic and disrespectful that i felt like screaming at him for once but i held my emotions and let him speak. I was interviewing for web application engineer profile. I was asked couple of initial questions and then asked to solve a problem on anagram on white board. I was writing logic to solve problem and interviewer was so specific about everything i was writing on board. Ex: i was asked to write "If" as "if". He said he would cut my interview marks based on usage of capital letter.

He was so arrogant that he was refusing to listen to solution. He said it wont work forget it. I went ahead and put solution on board and explained that it would work. Then he changed question to large data etc so i kept modifying solution to fit given scenario. All he wanted to do was to make fun of me.
    Ex: Do you know networking protocols? I said no.
          Do you know why ping is used? I said to check if resource is alive or not on network.
          Do you know which network protocol it uses? I am not sure. Then he laughs and says you are from CISCO and you don't know this much also. It is basic thing. I replied to him. I have not worked a lot on networking protocol and it has been sometime since college that i read networking. I will brush up those areas and come back. Again he laughed and responded "you will prepare and come back also". I have never seen such horrible mocking in an interview all along.

I think people in company should be thought basic etiquette to take interviews and learn to respect interviewers attending process. We take out personal time to attend interviews. Even if someone joins company he works to ensure that your company grows with his abilities.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.