Shutterfly Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Shutterfly Interview Questions

Interviews at Shutterfly

2.7

Lead User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

There was a phone interview with HR, then the hiring manager. Then I was brought in for individual interviews and a team interview. I presented my portfolio to each person and they asked questions about my projects.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

This was quite a strange interview process. I received a response one day after submitting my online application and had a phone screen. The phone screen with the recruiter went well; I am a bootcamp grad and freelance developer, so I talked about the projects I've worked on and how my skills aligned with the requirements on the job post. The recruiter moved me forward to have a screen with the hiring manager.

My interview with the hiring manager seemed like an uphill battle from the start. We worked on collab-edit (which doesn't have audio functionality), so I had her on speaker phone. I started the call discussing my background and experiences. I could tell that she was hesitant about my qualification because I did not have a degree in computer science. I was able to solve the algorithm she gave me in 2 minutes and she asked me to use a different data structure to solve it. I used a HashMap to reduce the time complexity of my algorithm and she wanted me to use nested while loops "to save memory space." She didn't like that I coded in Ruby on Rails, nitpicked about the Ruby code syntax, and then asked if I knew other coding languages. It was an awkward situation, especially because she did not have another algorithm prepared and asked me to write a less efficient solution...

My interviewer hung up the call before I could ask any questions. The whole experience was very strange. It was an easy interview, but I could tell that the hiring manager was hesitant about my qualification from the start. I was right and got a rejection the next morning.

Interview Questions

• Remove duplications from an array/linkedlist   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly in February 2018.

Interview

45 min phone interview. Asked questions about concepts of Java, C++, and Python, relational database and NoSQL database. The interviewer is not that friendly. Didn't give any feedback of my answer.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewer comes with laptop, searches questions. Bad attitude. Not professional. I could feel interviewer was showing his power and ego. HR had no clue about the interview schedule.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Application for the position was submitted online. Processes started with an HR phone interview which was scheduled 2 weeks after submission of the application. HR asked basic behavioural questions and scheduled a technical phone interview. The technical interviewer asked questions on resume. After a couple of days, I was asked to come onsite where 3 interviews were scheduled 30mins each. It was a whiteboard interview with questions on algorithms, basic data structures and on academic projects.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Shutterfly?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      FizzBuzz
      Arrange given numbers to form the biggest number   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shutterfly in May 2014.

Interview

This was a bad interview experience because of the interviewers. It was a Skype interview, They came off as disinterested and unfriendly. While I was working on the question they gave me, they were working on their own laptops. I tried to talk to them while coding to explain my thought process but they seemed not to care what I said. They gave me an impression that Shutterfly is a dull place to work. The recruiter was very nice and interview questions were fair though. They asked about sorts and logic questions.

Interview Questions

• For any positive integer n, define d(n) to be n plus the sum of the digits of n. For example, d(75) = 75 + 7 + 5 = 87. The number n is called a generator of d(n). Some numbers have more than one generator: for example, 101 has two generators, 91 and 100. A number with no generators is a self-number. There are thirteen self-numbers less than 100: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 20, 31, 42, 53, 64, 75, 86, and 97. Write a function that returns the number of positive self-numbers less than a number, threshold.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online, was contacted within a few days. Initial phone interview a day later, and second phone interview on the same day. Offered a position maybe an hour or two later - the whole process took was completed within less than a week!

Everyone was incredibly friendly, and the technical interview isn't too bad as long as you remember your fundamentals.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

I attended the career fair organized by Shutterfly in Sunnyvale, California in the last February and applied to various positions. I was contacted by the HR for this position after 10 days. ------>Had a phone interview scheduled after another week.
    Phone Interview Questions
    ----> Java concepts(Overloading, Overriding, "Static, Final, Finally, Finalized" Keywords etc)
    ----> Basic SQL questions(Diff between delete and truncate, Database indexing etc.)
    ----> Basic Linux
    ----->Basic Testing questions

Got a reply from HR after a week, was called onsite.
    In-person Questions
    ---->BST print level order
    ---->Lot of shell scripting questions were asked
    ---->Best Design patterns
    ----->Data structures basics

Interview Questions

• Looks like in-depth shell scripting is very much required, one of the interviewer asked only shell scripting for 1 hour.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

After asked a few questions about my project details. Gave a link with a coding problem, kindly wait me to write code, but I didn't solve it. After a few weeks, I got rejected

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

The HR/recruiters were really good at setting up the interviews and the on-boarding process. They were very easy to deal with, which was refreshing after some frustrating experiences at other companies.
    The interviews were reasonable with questions relevant to the job. There was no brain teasers bs that tells you nothing about the person's skill set or freshman level cs questions (i.e. how to implement a linked list) which anyone can look up online in 5 minutes.
    The people were very friendly and polite, pleasure to deal with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it helps to have a competing offer on the table, which Shutterfly was willing to match.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.