Shutterfly Reviews

Found 718 of over 819 reviews

3.5
Shutterfly CEO Hilary Schneider
Hilary Schneider
Pros
  • "Work life balance is a definite plus along with work flexibility(in 76 reviews)

• "Great people around to work with(in 34 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Poor management/upper-management(in 23 reviews)

• "There is zero work-life balance during peak season(in 20 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Feeling a lot of positive momentum

Mar 11, 2021 - Director in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Leadership. Our CEO is vastly different from our previous leaders. She meets with the entire company every single week and gives us the chance to ask her and the management team anonymous questions. I can't think of any other CEO who does this and it's really, really powerful. 2. Company growth. The business (with the exception of some parts of the company) is growing at a strong clip. 2020 was a really, really strong year for the consumer business. It feels good to work for a company that's doing well in a tough COVID economy. 3. The people. Everyone here is smart and willing to help you. I really feel like everyone here is working their hardest (which is why people are feeling burned out in some cases) because they care so deeply about their coworkers and the brands.

Cons

1. There are some people who have been here a really long time and who are stuck in their ways. I believe they are slowly fading out of the company but it's taken a while and they can sometimes be roadblocks. 2. Priorities do seem to change often. Which leads to a lot of burnout. People are working really hard, long hours.

10 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Former Employee

Warehouse

Oct 8, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay Modern place Free food Go on brake on Will Free drinks Ventilation air conditioning Paid for brakes High overtime pay

Cons

Unflexible hours Short brakes Little opportunities to work overtime Industrial area far away 10 miles from the closest city No transport connection (only by car)

3. The latest conversations about Tech

162 Comments

Join the conversation on
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great opportunities, communication, and leadership

Sep 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Shutterfly is a great place to work! I'm very open to new and inspiring project ideas, and this fits well at Shutterfly. It is my favorite kind of company, where I can be proactive and bring a positive attitude to the culture. It is a terrific place with clear communication, project opportunities, and helpful updates. Leaders I've met around the company are very helpful, so I appreciate their leadership, experience, and support. Not only are all managers above me aligned, but there are plenty of shareout meetings, updates, 1:1's, trainings, project collaboration meetings, and other meetings as needed. My managers have been awesome, and everyone I work with at Shutterfly is very nice. I like working with the products, such as photo books, cards, calendars, gifts, home decor, and more.

Cons

There aren't any negative things I can think of about the company. Shutterfly is a great place to work!

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Manufacturing Company

Sep 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, people, flexibility, work life balance

Cons

Many management layers which can create difficulties executing initiatives.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Culture

Sep 17, 2021 - Senior Program Manager II in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team and people are always helping each other and the company supports you.

Cons

High performance culture - so hard & fast paced work - could be a pro for you

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Smooth Interview Process

Sep 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I definitely love the company's culture in supporting each other no matter the work load!

Cons

Have not come across any yet.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Pretty Good

Sep 8, 2021 - Customer Care Representative in Fort Mill, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work for. If you are temp you would have to worry about getting laid off sometimes but that hasn’t happened in yrs.

Cons

Laid off if slow work Too much micro-managing

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company with nice people

Sep 5, 2021 - Programmer in Haifa
      Business Outlook

Pros

Big teams Highly professional employees Easy to find help High salary and transparent way to improve it Very good work-life balance

Cons

Openspace. And that means noise Big company. And that means bureaucracy and not all the time interesting tasks…

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Culture

Sep 1, 2021 - Human Resources Generalist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great overall team and company. I love what we are doing in the DEI and EHS space.

Cons

Managers can be indecisive. Leadership acts as though they are exempt of some of the policies and don't always lead by example.

11. 2.0
      Former Employee

Poor Management

Sep 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- WFH - Lots of great peers - Exciting projects

Cons

- 5 people on my team have left the company in less than a year due to poor management

Viewing 1 - 10 of 718 Reviews