Shutterfly Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Dec 10, 2019

3.3
Shutterfly CEO Ryan OHara
Ryan OHara
Pros
  • "Work life balance is a definite plus along with work flexibility(in 68 reviews)

• "Great people to work with, competitive pay and good benefits(in 30 reviews)

1. "Warehouse"

I worked at Shutterfly full-time

Pros

Good pay Modern place Free food Go on brake on Will Free drinks Ventilation air conditioning Paid for brakes High overtime pay

Cons

Unflexible hours Short brakes Little opportunities to work overtime Industrial area far away 10 miles from the closest city No transport connection (only by car)

Advice to Management

Keep it up your doing great I wish I could help up more and I wish you guys all the best take care.

Shutterfly2017-10-08
  2. "Shutterflys shakopee location is the worst shutterfly location on all levels."

Former Employee - Machine Operator Level II in Shakopee, MN

I worked at Shutterfly full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

PTO, Vacation, Heated building (kind of), big parking lot, looks nice on the outside.

Cons

Unprofessional HR, small raises, mandatory OT, favoritism, rampant unprofessional staffing.

Advice to Management

Clean house and start over.

Shutterfly2019-12-10
  3. "Stay away from SBS (shutterfly business solutions)"

I worked at Shutterfly

Pros

Very good team. Good benefits.

Cons

Vice President pokes his nose in every department. He wants to manage individuals who are not his direct reports. He keeps architecting and re-architecting solutions (smart people, you are right, it’s not his role. Still he has his last word). He has his last word on Recruitments. Recruitment in sbs is a mess. It’s a torture for interviewers and those who attend interviews too. Doesn’t let people do their job. He... keeps changing Priorities and processes every day. There is a saying on the floor “oh it’s Monday morning let’s wait for things to go upside down anytime now”. Every Monday he will undo all the decisions he would make the previous week or at least the previous Friday. He always blames some one if things go wrong. He Never owns anything. Not a true leader. He is rude, he doesn’t respect people. Yells as if the employees working in his team are slaves. Treats people very badly. Talks to people only to yell at or if there is an escalation or issue in their product. One of the Technical managers is a manager with no technical knowledge at all. If you are recruited for a role in SBS, stay away.

Shutterfly2019-12-06
  4. "Great people, great culture, good work, avg pay"

Current Employee - Senior Analytics Manager

I have been working at Shutterfly full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- People - Culture - Work - Opportunity to explore different streams of work

Cons

- Compensation - Upper management planning

Shutterfly2019-10-30
  5. "Best job I could ask for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Shutterfly full-time for less than a year

Pros

my manager is a delight, and my two team mates are the nicest people, I get to work from home whenever, the benefits are wonderful

Cons

None to speak of. I've been here for two months.

Shutterfly2019-10-28
  6. "My shutterfly review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Shutterfly full-time for less than a year

Pros

They really care about customer, and customers are friendly mainly elderly clients

Cons

You have have patience a lot the customer are elderly,and hard of hearing might have a hard time using the website. As customer service rep your job is to be very attentive to the customer

Shutterfly2019-10-29
  7. "Average"

Former Employee - Product Coordinator

I worked at Shutterfly full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Vacation is 3 weeks for production employees. Salary employees have discretionary time off which is basically uncapped depending on your supervisor.

Cons

As a production employee you will need that vacation time to make up for low hours during off season. Middle managers are lacking and goals are sometimes unachievable. No real opportunity for advancement. Very click. If you're in the club you can go places. If you're not be prepared to stay in the same position until you move on to another company.

Advice to Management

None. They wouldn't listen either way. It would be a waste of breath.

Shutterfly2019-11-08
  8. "Sfly"

Current Employee - Shift Manager

I have been working at Shutterfly full-time

Pros

Good place to work most days.

Cons

Life/Work balance was often an issue.

Shutterfly2019-10-22

"Pay was decent, but toxic culture"

Former Employee - Client Service Representative
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Shutterfly full-time for more than a year

Pros

Was paid pretty well, fun on-site activities, great discounts and freebies on products, direct manager was wonderful

Cons

The leadership is not good. It’s a bit of a “good ol boys club” among the senior leadership team, especially on the commercial/business side- not sure how the retail side is run. Cross-functional teams struggle to work together; lots of pushback and lack of ownership which make it very difficult to appease clients. There seems to be strong resistance to working together internally, rather you see people wanting to... make themselves look good and shift responsibility. Major lack of processes in place... there are no P&P’s, no training, nothing seems to be standardized, it’s a scramble to get things done and clients are flat out lied to about what the company is capable of. I had issues with the ethical implications of the way things were presented to external clients. There is zero work-life balance during peak season. I was advised I was expected to be “on call” during the evenings and weekends and there was little care given to the fact that employees have families and personal lives. This is not a life or death industry; it’s print materials. Very high turn over, that is pretty telling.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the people you lose! Three people leaving a specific department in 6 months should be a red flag.

Shutterfly2019-10-17

"Not the ideal place to work like I though this place was..."

Former Employee - Photo Editor in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Shutterfly full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free drinks Free food and snacks Free products and offers Nice building

Cons

• Stressful Environment •Bias management with diversity employees •Unprofessional treatment to employees from Shutterfly management and Adecco •Not enough time to adjust to the learning curve •Not enough time to learn the work duties because you are forced to work with real orders vs training orders during training period •It’s expected that you learn everything right away and apply it to your job without... fail •If you don’t learn "fast enough", they treat you that you are completely incompetent •Lack of direct communication and support from management •If you first language is not English, they send someone to teach you how to do the work and train you in your native language and see if you can understand "better" •If you ask too many questions about what you are learning, they assume right away that you aren’t getting the information provided and then you aren’t good enough for the job position •Training coaches may not be very patient with you if you don’t get everything right and then they report you as a not smart enough trainee with management •If you report a bug in the system, they don’t believe you and they assumed immediately that you are not doing your tasks in the right way •They observe you all the time to see what windows are open in your monitors because if you “move too much” your windows, there may be a sign that you are not that productive as expected •Very high expectations from first time new employees •They may treat you like you don’t know anything about editing software, editing pictures if you don’t follow exactly their process of editing •No opportunity for advancement •Adecco doesn’t have your back and don’t care if you are mistreated by Shutterfly management

Advice to Management

•Be more open and trust more about skills and capabilities from diversity employees. •Learn about the fact that each person may learn a different way and that doesn't mean that is not smart enough or that is completely incompetent. •Communicate with your employees directly and learn from the source before assuming that everything is negative about an employee that is just in training. •Management must help to... strengthen the capabilities of their employees, not the opposite. •Treat people with the respect that they deserve, you would be missing the chance to have a good, productive and hard worker employee. •Be careful of how you manage your employees and the words that you choose when you talk to them. •Care enough about others so you don’t affect someone that had the best intention to work for you and your company. •Be a leader.

Shutterfly2019-11-08