Signpost Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Signpost Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Signpost.

Interview

Asked me the difference between the internet and the web, shuffling an array, stack overflows, and the big Oh time for an insertion into a hashmap. Overall it was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Giving a formal definiton on the difference between the internet and the web...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Signpost

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Signpost.

Interview

The first phone interview last about 40 minutes. 3 technical questions and 2 algorithm questions were asked. Tech questions: what's racing condition, what's the difference between web and internet, what's the big o to insert an element into a hashmap. Algorithm questions: how to detect circles in a linked list, how to shuffle an array. All answers are out there online or in books.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Signpost (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

A guy from Signpost gave me a call. We coordinated an interview schedule. Also, the guy illustrated about SignPost. About 1 week later, they called me for a technical interview. It was about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• - Difference between web and internet
      - How to find a loop in linked-list
      - Shuffle an array   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Signpost (New York, NY (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Got a phonecall from the HR guy to set up a phone interview with an engineer about a week later. HR guy was very enthusiastic and detailed. Phone interview with the engineer was ~30 minutes. Friendly guy. Questions were more of a discussion than a "quiz" type. He had simple questions like "describe stack overflow" but most of the time was spent talking about algorithms.

Interview Questions

• What is a stack overflow? What is a race condition? Describe an algorithm for shuffling cards. Describe how to detect a loop in a linked list.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Signpost in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within a week of applying I received an email asking for my availability for a phone interview. The technical interview included some knowledge based questions as well as questions on algorithms.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between internet and web   Answer Question
    • How to determine if a linkedlist has a loop and if so, how to find the beginning of the cycle   Answer Question
    • Describe an algorithm for shuffling an array   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.