Spotify Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 785 of over 785 interviews

Employee Referral10%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Spotify

Application

I interviewed at Spotify

Interview

Super long interview process. I had to poke hr few times to get the interview booked. In the final stage (virtual onsite) the feedback were more related my lack of self confidence due to my 'nervous' way of speaking so I was rejected. When I told hr that I have a stutter, she said she would have contacted the team and the hr manager and get back to me. She also said that next time I should say that I stutter so interviewers would be empathetic. I have no words. It never happened to me to feel this kind of discrimination. Anyway hr ghosted me after this conversation. Good job Spotify, diversity and inclusion is not something you should be proud of.

Interview Questions
  • string, map, arrays, udp/tcp protocol, system design
    Answer Question
53 people found this interview helpful

Spotify

Application

I interviewed at Spotify

Interview

Proceso largo y concentrado. Un día con 4 entrevistas durante cinco horas (remoto) y varios seguimientos con el responsable de talent acquisition . Después otro par de entrevistas para conocer al product owner y a los miembros del equipo

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Spotify

Join the conversation on

Tech

211.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Spotify~408251
Join the conversation on

Spotify

Application

I interviewed at Spotify

Interview

I went in and talked about the projects I had put on my GitHub. The hiring manager was very nice and I liked him a lot; haven’t heard back yet though and this was a few weeks ago.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Spotify

Application

I interviewed at Spotify

Interview

Long and lengthy. Meeting with recruiter was ok but then there was 4-5 other meetings and one was about company values. It’s just too long of a process and feels very unnecessary and ineffective.

Interview Questions
  • Standard interview questions were asked. I don’t recall anything that stood out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spotify (Kuala Lumpur)

Interview

The job was based in a different country, and I had no issues moving there or acquiring a work permit. The interviewer was more interested in if I'm legally in the country of residence or not (I am, and I have been here for a few years). She spent the entire interview trying to figure out my visa details. She became utterly dismissive when she heard my country of origin. She went as far as suggesting a junior role (5 years less experience than I actually have) which would be more 'fitting' for me with half the salary.

Interview Questions
  • The interview barely focused on my professional experience, skills, and previous work achievements.

Spotify

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Spotify

Interview

Stupid recruiter. Applied via a referral and got scheduled a call with recruiter. 8 minutes into the call, I got an email from her saying I am not proceeding to the next round. When I asked her about the email, she said that is a mistake. Then few days later I got another rejection email and I politely thanked her for her time and a week later I got another email from her. How many rejection emails does one need to get?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Spotify (New York, NY)

Interview

The recruiter was terrible. Said we'd have a prep call prior to interviews with the team. I had to remind them because they forgot and were unaware when my interview was scheduled. Made it to final round interviews. I followed up multiple times. No reply from the recruiter. They ghosted until I sent a final follow up.

Interview Questions
  • What products have you worked on? Past experience based questions

Spotify

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Spotify

Interview

Worst interview experience ever. Inefficient process. Unprofessional HR - didn't reply my email for several weeks when I was still in the interview process. I had 3 rounds before being declined - HR, technical screen, hiring manager.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Spotify

Application

I interviewed at Spotify

Interview

It was very long and i met with 10 different people all thourgh the process and it took quite some time almost 3 months to go through all the different steps

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Spotify

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spotify in May 2022

Interview

1. Phone call with a recruiter who asked typical questions about my career, current position, career aspirations, salary expectations, etc. 2. 75 minute technical video interview. Two interviewers, neither or whom knew much about the actual position I was applying for. Several trivia questions about computer science fundamentals. I was able to answer and briefly explain about 75% of the concepts such as distributed computing, networking, algorithm complexity. The rest I just answered "I don't know" and they moved on to the next one. Short live coding exercises on coderpad. I solved it with brute force. Didn't know the optimal solution, but the interviewer went over it and we discussed the time and space complexity. This interview was fine, the interviewers were well prepared, timely, and everything went smoothly. 3. Recruiter reached out to schedule a virtual onsite with four one hour sessions. The recruiter made a good effort to find a time that worked with my schedule. Also sent preparation materials about the next interviews. 4. Virtual onsite, system design. I was scheduled to interview with two engineers, but only one showed up. The interviewer didn't seem to know what position I was interviewing for. Also didn't seem to be familiar with my resume. I'm a SDE with 13 years of experience. They asked a very vague question only tangentially related to my area of expertise. I asked a few questions and started taking notes as they gave more detail. It's almost as if they kept changing the question every time I got started on the design. They weren't very well prepared. They literally took 30 minutes to try to explain what I should be focusing on. It was all over the place. They were just throwing things out there, almost to try to confuse me or make things more complex, then completely change everything and start over. They didn't seem to have a positive attitude or try to make the interview a positive experience. I wasn't convinced that they were actually interested in hiring me from this interview. After 30 minutes, I only had half the time left, so I had enough and told them I didn't think it was going well, and was a negative experience for me, and a waste of time and just ended the interview.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 785 Interviews

Spotify Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Spotify as 40.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.80 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Engineer and Senior Software Engineer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Engineering Manager and Data Scientist roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Spotify takes an average of 42 days when considering 117 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Full Stack Developer had the quickest hiring process (on average 23 days), whereas Senior Software Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 58 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Spotify according to 117 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 32.84%