Tableau Software Technical Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Technical Account Manager

Tableau Software Technical Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Tableau Software

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Standard first interview with HR. general questions about your background, why you are looking, what about Tableau interests you?

Second round was 30 minutes Each with 4 Managers for a 2 Hour block, via Zoom. So Interview for 30 minutes, then another manager joins and interviews you for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How have you worked with other internal teams?
    How have you handled a difficult customer interaction?
    What are you reading outside of work related training?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tableau Software

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

30 minute talk with recruiter and then a tech screen. The tech screen consisted of a manager and a specialist on their software. The specialist only said his name and nothing else. The manager asked some very generic tech questions that he was reading off a form. What bugged me about this was that the recruiter asked about my skill set in one area that would be on the screen and I told her honestly that I had no experience with it. She said they would probably skip that in the screen but they did not. Sure I could have googled some generic answers but I didn't do that. The manager asked me questions about this subject anyway which I had to answer honestly that I did not know. The manager and the recruiter were both professional but there were times they were both condescending...my resume speaks for itself and they both harped on about how prestigious their dedicated TAM roles are - however they seemed to not read my resume which indicates my experience as one with a very prestigious customer. I wasn't surprised to learn that this manager had little management experience based on his LinkedIn profile as he stuck to his tech question form like glue. Some of the questions were quite stupid and made me wonder why he was even asking them.
    Here's the deal - I have a lot of experience of conducting interviews myself and once built a very large and rock solid support team comprised of people I helped interview. We learned early on that hiring people based off of pre-written tech questions isn't the best way to do things as our predecessors did this and it was common for candidates to ace these exams and then end up being lousy employees. We looked for integrity and a willingness to learn and put customers first and tailored our interviews to fit the individual to focus on their strengths and not to just expose weaknesses. This process (which we had to stand up to our own managers to get approved) was a success and we hired some folks who while a bit rough around the edges turned into technical rock stars once we gave them a chance. I was not impressed at with Tableau's tech screen process and they also were adamant about not allowing remote working which is a huge negative for me.
    This was the first job where after I was told I was no longer a candidate instead of being upset I felt some relief because I wasn't too excited about their software initially and wasn't excited or interested in working for them after going through their interview process

Interview Questions

• The asked questions in certain areas (one of which I'm not familiar with) but of the ones that I know well - their questions were vague and seemed very poor choices for the subject matter.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me for initial interview and then rescheduled. Asked me about my resume. Said she checked her system and asked me why I applied to two different roles. Because I was interested in them? Recruiter was very rude and made process difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

-The interview process was a complete disaster and I could tell that the HR lady was completely disengaged and did not care about the company at all.
    -After undergoing an hour long phone interview and another hour and half technical webex interview which I completely nailed I was told that they have decided not to proceed with absolutely no reasoning.
    -It took them 4 weeks and 3 different people before they simply said NO.
    -They did not get back to me in a timely manner and I had to constantly follow up with them despite them reaching out to me directly to fill the position.
    -When asked for a reason as to why they decided to not move forward, no one got back to me...they don't even have the decency to tell you something like we found a better candidate or you did not pass the tech interview, absolutely nothing.
    -Absolutely disgusting process.

Interview Questions

• Troubleshoot a 3 Level server infrastructure in which you have a webserver, application server and database server with 3 tables. Various scenario based questions.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very slow, HR was in touch throughout the process but there was a long wait in between interviews have some patience. 3 rounds of interview. HR asked some technical questions, A troubleshooting interview mostly scenario based questions and final onsite interview with 3-4 people.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based questions and Technical question are around concepts on Networking, Databases and BI.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tableau Software (West Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

I was excited for the opportunity of the interview but really didn't like the interview process. There was a disconnect from the moment I spoke with the recruiter. There was no enthusiasm from them. I didn't feel like this was a position I would be excited about because it didn't seem like they were. Maybe it could've been a bad day but the experience had me look in another direction.

Interview Questions

• Asked about job history and how it pertained to the existing position.

Asked about knowledge of the company and role being offered.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I went to a hiring event, it started with a quick talk to ensure there were no deal breakers, then an actual writing test, with pen and paper. A short meeting with technical questions about analytics and technical questions, a one on one with a support team member, a "prove you can do the work" technical whiteboard troubleshooting session, a meeting with the hiring manager and one with the VP.

I thought it was a great interview process and I was very impressed with all the folks I interacted with. I felt like they wanted me to succeed.

Interview Questions

• This was a 4 hour interview with many, many questions. It's a very technical position supporting huge enterprise clients. Ensure you have experience/knowledge of analytics, client server topology/troubleshooting and customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was unorganized and lengthy. Phone interview with a recruiter. A week later, webex interview with an engineer to answer technical questions. Another week later in person interview with 6 people - two were on the phone which very hard to concentrate. Few days later back in person interview with the director.

Interview Questions

• For technical questions, be prepare to know your SQL stuff.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Interview

Went through one round of phone screening and 4 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.