Tata Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Tata Communications Interview Questions

Interviews at Tata Communications

2.9

Other Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tata Communications (Herndon, VA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Easy peasy. I submitted my resume, and I was called in for an interview after a phone screening. I was interviewed by three or four people. Two interviews were done in a conference room. The interviews were very short, less than five minutes each. They didn't ask a lot of questions. Then there was a longer twenty or thirty minute interview in someone's office. The trouble began AFTER I accepted a job offer. HR did a great job of onboarding, but my manager? She went on vacation the day before I started and didn't tell me. It was all downhill after that....

Interview Questions

Negotiation

A breeze. Got the salary I wanted. Tata offers bonuses that are very generous and better than other telecoms and tech companies I've worked for.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Tata Communications.

Interview

University recruiting , later called into their NJ office where there were 4 rounds , all about project descriptions / behavioral . Initially it was a technical position then they turned it to business analyst position because they didn't enough funds.

Interview Questions

• Networking, some basic coding questions (not asked to code), lot of behavioural   Answer Question

Channel Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Communications (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Mine was a unique/odd experience. I interviewed first with an 'external' recruiter who thought my experience and skill set was a good fit. He knew they were looking to hire quickly and he had a very good handle on what the job was and who they were looking for. He forwarded my resume and his write-up that same day. He was surprised that he didn't hear back from them for almost 2 weeks. When he did, he found out that a corporate recruiter was now in the loop and that recruiter was in India, making the coordination of interview times difficult. Then, a week later, I heard from the recruiter in India saying that wanted to interview me. Scheduled. It went fine. Another week passed for him to schedule an interview with the hiring VP, then a week to have that interview. The interview with the VP seemed to go well EXCEPT that the job description was a 180 difference from the role I had understood it to be and had prepared to discuss. The VP said he wanted more time with me to discuss how I would execute the duties of the newly described position and that he would ask the recruiter in India to schedule it. Note: the VP is in DC and I'm in CA. I never heard back from the recruiter or the VP regarding scheduling the call. When I reached out to 'my' original recruiter, he said he would try and get an answer. When he did (a week later - now it's 6 weeks into the process) he said they had decided "not to move forward". I see that as very disrespectful: 3 interviews, including with the VP and no feedback whatsoever. My recruiter was surprised and confused by their behavior. I hope anyone hired there has a better experience with Tata than I had interviewing with them.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with Master Agents and other channel partners?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Matawan, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Communications (Matawan, NJ (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview in which I was asked behavioral questions and after I was selected I was called to their office at matavan for in person-interview. In the office, 3 managers took my interview. They asked me various questions about technical,non-technical.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Communications (New York, NY (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Fill out an application and interview and answer questions. We sat they offered me water. The lady from human resources was very nice. The whole process took about thirty to forty minutes.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have   1 Answer

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Communications (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone call with Recruiter, and then with hiring manager. Recruiter checked my reference, and provided feedback after each call. I interviewed with the Hiring manager, Sr engineer, Sales Manager, and VP of sales.

SE Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Communications in April 2015.

Interview

It has about 3 rounds or so. After the Hiring manager interviewed with the head of the group. Also interviewed with the sales VP and other cross functional team members. It was a very pleasant experience. People were nice and upfront about describing the role and challenges that came with it

Interview Questions

• Flexibility and past experience working in cross functional cross border teams   Answer Question

Interview

While the job interview process can be lengthy in general, being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews and even third interviews. However, in TATA, interview with phone screening followed by 1:1 is very common.

Creative Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Communications (Burlingame, CA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied on the company website and heard back from the recruiter in just a few days, which is astounding; normally going in without a referral means you go into a black hole. The recruiter screened me, then the hiring manager called. After a standard phone interview where he talks about the company & position & I talk up my background, he arranges to meet me in person. After that, I met the team as a group. I was offered the job within 3 weeks of resume submission.

Interview Questions

• You've got one requestor who asks for a brochure. This requestor then proceeds to make incremental changes 17 times instead of doing it all at once in two rounds as asked. How do you deal with this project and future ones?   Answer Question

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Communications (Washington, DC (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a preliminary phone interview first, then I was going to go to the office and have an in-person interview. My interviewer was really just getting to know me and wanted to know if I'd be able to handle the work load they normally give attorneys.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.