Tesco Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Tesco Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct 2017

2.3

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Process was 30 minutes long with HR and department head. Was asked specifically to go through a typical day in a purchasing process that one had experienced. Interview was short and to the point. Was asked about salary expecting.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for Tesco? What makes you the perfect candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tesco (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. There were a lot of behavioral questions that asked about ways you responded to certain situations in the past. There is a lot of pressure in this industry so they want to know how you would react when something goes wrong and you have to respond quickly...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when something didn't work out how you intended?"   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

Assessment center with presentation, group exercise and panel interview

Marketing Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks.
    First is phone interview, typical behavioral based questions and what do you think about this position.
    Then is the AC, prior to the interview you got a case to study and asked to do a presentation at the interview day. I miss the group interview, but HR was very nice and assign me to one department manager to present my case study. After that, I was interviewed by four different department manager to talk about the details. Several technique questions. Most were about scenario question and your background details.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. he majority of the questions is about yourself.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

The process involved a group interview where a range of situational questions were asked. We were then taken onto the shop floor for 20 minutes for a work sample and given an understanding of what our job would involve.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you helped someone?
      Name a time you encountered a problem and how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Festive Colleague Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

Applied online through Tesco's webiste. Got a call on Tuesday the next week from the manager and booked an interview for next Tuesday for a group interview. The group interview is structured in two sections, one where customer service based questions are asked and second on the role play.

Interview Questions

• Example of situation/event that brought a big changing in your life/behaviour?
      Tell me about a situation where you have done something extra for a customer/friend?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hednesford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tesco (Hednesford, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Had a group interview today and all we had to do was fill out a health questionnaire and an availability one. Then answer a few basic customer related questions going around the table individually. It was all very relaxed

Interview Questions

• When did you go above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to follow rules even if you didn't understand or agree with it.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

Few questions then went onto group activity. Good friendly group of people enjoyed the process. Took a few hours though so I wasn't happy about that but overall good process

Dotcom Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tesco (London, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Very nice lady who interviewed me. She was not my department manager as they were short staffed. She was very welcoming. Asked basic interview questions. As I answered she wrote in the interview candidate book. Bring proof of right to work, passport, proof of address. I was offered a work samples afer the interview, which I agreed to. This took about 30mins. I was offered the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Hemel Hempstead, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco (Hemel Hempstead, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Asked the group questions about customer service and what it means to us or how we had dealt with an aggressive or rude customer before. The interview was done by two managers and were open and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had went above and beyond to give excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.