Tesco Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Tesco Interview Questions

Updated 13 Dec 2017

2.3

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Process was 30 minutes long with HR and department head. Was asked specifically to go through a typical day in a purchasing process that one had experienced. Interview was short and to the point. Was asked about salary expecting.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for Tesco? What makes you the perfect candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tesco (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. There were a lot of behavioral questions that asked about ways you responded to certain situations in the past. There is a lot of pressure in this industry so they want to know how you would react when something goes wrong and you have to respond quickly...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when something didn't work out how you intended?"   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

Assessment center with presentation, group exercise and panel interview

Marketing Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks.
    First is phone interview, typical behavioral based questions and what do you think about this position.
    Then is the AC, prior to the interview you got a case to study and asked to do a presentation at the interview day. I miss the group interview, but HR was very nice and assign me to one department manager to present my case study. After that, I was interviewed by four different department manager to talk about the details. Several technique questions. Most were about scenario question and your background details.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. he majority of the questions is about yourself.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

The process involved a group interview where a range of situational questions were asked. We were then taken onto the shop floor for 20 minutes for a work sample and given an understanding of what our job would involve.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you helped someone?
      Name a time you encountered a problem and how did you solve it?   2 Answers

Customer Assistant Interview

Interview

Very easy, laid back interview but it all depends on the selected store and manager. The length of the process was about 15 minutes long and told me I had the job straight away but yet again it depends on your manager.

Finance Graduate Scheme Interview

Interview

The application was so ridiculous I couldn't complete it, I emailed them to query it and they replied with a totally random email that had nothing to do with the email I sent. So even though I passed the tests and filled in the questionnaire I couldn't submit the application.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

the interview was very relaxed but still professional, they asked me five questions about myself majority about helping other people and when ive been under pressure and told me theyd get back soon

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco in December 2017.

Interview

Tesco visited my campus. 1st round was online coding on HackerRank, with 2 questions of medium difficulty. Next 2 rounds was Technical and HR interviews.
    Interviewer mostly asked question based on strengths mentioned CV and projects (in my case - OOP, DS, Algo). Some questions were asked from topics like Networks, even though it wasn't mentioned.
    Even though the interviewer seemed satisfied by most of my answers, I wasn't called for next round.

Festive Colleague Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

Applied online through Tesco's webiste. Got a call on Tuesday the next week from the manager and booked an interview for next Tuesday for a group interview. The group interview is structured in two sections, one where customer service based questions are asked and second on the role play.

Interview Questions

• Example of situation/event that brought a big changing in your life/behaviour?
      Tell me about a situation where you have done something extra for a customer/friend?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.