The Body Shop Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Body Shop Interview Questions

Interviews at The Body Shop

2.5

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Braintree, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Braintree, MA (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

I had one in person interview, questions were relevant to the position and my past experience, followed by two phone interviews (one with a different store manager and one with the district manager), interviews were short, store managers cared about past experience, future goals, and how I would handle different situations in that position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw an employee stealing from the store?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

Had two interviews. First one caught me off guard because I was only told that it was going to be a meet and greet but it turned into role playing scenarios. Second one was quick and easy. Wasn't asked a whole lot of common interview questions instead we casually chatted about my previous work experiences and the weather. Got a follow up call a few hours later for an offer.

Interview Questions

• How did you motivate your team if they were feeling down and sluggish?   Answer Question

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Body Shop in August 2014.

Interview

Originally my interview was scheduled for a Saturday, later the manager called to reschedule twice. When I arrived for the interview it was a one-on-one format which I tend to prefer. The questions were general in the beginning (i.e. Tell me about yourself, Tell me about a time when you were put into a difficult position, etc.). Towards the end of the interview I felt that I was being lead into trick questions. We also discussed my previous experience working as an ASM and certain procedures I had implemented. April, the store manager, said she wanted the interview to seem like a conversation but to me it came off as if she was "schooling" me or trying to teach me a lesson in a condescending way. She even went as far as to say one of my ideas was "stupid". By that time I was extremely uncomfortable and questioned leaving right then and there. I ultimately stayed and was even offered the position but turned it down due to my experience in the interview.
    It was extremely disappointing to me and not only did they lose a potential manager but they also lost a loyal customer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were put into a difficult position in the store.   Answer Question

I felt uncomfortable in the interview and concluded that the position would be the same way.

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Milford, CT (US)).

Interview

Phone then in person. The phone interview was quick and then the in person interview followed and was great

They asked about my past history. Did I have sales experience. Why I wanted to work with the body shop. What products did I like

Do your research

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Body Shop in November 2011.

Interview

Applied online. Got called for interview. Started working the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was more than expected so I accepted

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

Applied online and got an email from the DM about a week later. We discussed hours and future plans via email and set up an interview for a few days later.

I showed up wearing all black, makeup done, hair done.

Met with the DM, went outside of the store to a quiet place and interviewed there. She asked me about my work experience, what I could bring to the company, and why I wanted to work there.

After a few days, had a phone interview with a Store Manager from another store, basically asked me all the same questions. About a week later got an offer for the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told her what I wanted to be making, she said that's way too high, but I'll see what I can do. They gave me a lot less that asked for.

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

3-part interview, Meet with the hiring Manager, interview with another location's manager then a phone interview with the DM. All three were easy to talk to and asked the basic questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to perform a demo on the hiring manager, I was nervous but it was easy, just don't over think it!   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had asked for a pay starting at $10.50, they countered with pay starting at $11.96, and continue to offer more hours.

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Toms River, NJ (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

My first interview was a face-to-face interview with the store manager of the location I applied. The process was about ten minutes long. She asked me very generic questions about my retail experience. None of the questions were very hard. They focus very much on appearance. They prefer you to be slender, with nice skin, and wear a lot of makeup. The second part of the interview was a 3 step demonstration in the store with another employee. This is very easy as long as you pay attention to what the employee is saying as she does the demonstration on your skin. When you give the demonstration back to her try and repeat everything she has said in your own, while adding creative tidbits of your own. After this there are two phone interviews. One with another store manager and another with the district manager. These are also very generic interviews. Be prepared for the question "tell me about yourself" and "how do you like to be managed". Also research the company first, they make ask you what you know about them. They also like to hear you brag. I received a call back with a job offer within a few days of the last interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you resolved a customer issue at your former place of work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate up from eight dollars an hour to ten. If you have decent experience you should be able to negotiate. Tell them your on the fence about another job offer that wants to pay more.

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Charlotte, NC (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online to The Body Shop and got a call back from the district manager almost a month later (I actually forgot I even applied). She set up a phone interview a few days later, and it was super easy. I highly suggest researching the company and getting some background info on them before the interview. The questions were pretty basic - Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer? Describe a time you went out of your way to make a customer happy? Etc. I got a call back a few days later and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went out of your way to make a customer happy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate because I was currently making $8.50 and was offered $11/hr

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Body Shop in February 2011.

Interview

I was asked to go to one interview and got a call back the next day that I got the job. The interview was great. I usually get very nervous. I was very comfortable with the store manager right off the bat. She was up beat. Seemed like she liked what she did. Which really drew me to the job. Asked questions I had no trouble answering and if I didn't understand something was explained to me in detail.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about what my biggest pet peeve was. Which I thought was cool.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got offered a dollar over minimum wage . With my experience i thought was fair.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.