Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paisley, Scotland

Interview

This involved a facility tour of the environment you would be working in. Also involved an interview with several competency questions where you were asked about experiences under pressure, working to deadlines and how you work in an team.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where something went wrong and what you did to fix it   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time of having to quickly analyse data and present it   Answer Question
    • What would previous colleagues say about you?   Answer Question

Quality Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Quick follow ups to phone and onsite interview. Never heard back after onsite interview. Not even as a feedback to being passed on for someone else. Poor communication

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in March 2020.

Interview

Lady seemed nice. The phone interview was just basic questions about myself and describing the benefits and pay of the job, nothing unusual. She told me she would like me to do another interview and would let me know when I would be doing it. I sent a follow-up email a week after the phone interview and didn't hear back, so that was a bit disappointing.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alachua, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Alachua, FL (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

70% personality questions ex: why Thermofisher, what separates you from other candidates, 15% Technical abilities ex: talk about what you due, in my case cell culturing, 15% questions for the interviewer: I asked, what has kept you with Thermofisher?

Interview Questions

• What separates you from other candidates?   1 Answer

Assistant Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairport, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Fairport, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by their HR to apply for this position because they had my resume, and they thought that I would be a good fit. The interviewer was not nice at all. She was about to cut my interview in short because I didn't have the experience they were looking for, and she acted like I was wasting her time. I am like I was minding my business your HR contacted me and told me to apply because "I will be a good fit for the position". Worst interview experience to date in my life.

Interview Questions

• if i wanted to stop the interview since I didn't have experience for what they are looking for.   Answer Question

Global Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I'm currently in the initial stages of the interview process. I've had a 30-minute initial phone interview with an in-house job recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a marketing plan you developed that targeted customer segments across multiple sister divisions?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

There was a short initial phone interview that lasted about 15-20 min. I was asked a few questions like my long-term goals. I was told that they would get back to me if they wanted to offer me an on-site interview.

Graphic Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

I applied online and got an email back from the recruiter asking to set up a phone screen. The phone screen was just confirming what I had on submitted on the online application. He told me on the phone that I would be moving forward. Then I had a one on one interview and the girl was SUPER nice. She asked like 3 questions. The rest of the interview I was asking her.

Assistant Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penfield, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Penfield, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

A corporate recruiter was the contact person throughout every step from initial screening, to setting up both sets of interviews, to feedback and final decision.
    First set of on-site interviews was with an HR manager and an Ops manager. Ops wanted me but HR over-ruled so I had to do a 2nd set.
    Ultimately the decision was that even though I have proven leadership experience in various types of logistics, that because it wasn't manufacturing specific, that I wouldn't be able to adapt. This is the same mindset I've learned other manufacturing companies take as well.

MBA Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Was contacted by the MBA recruiter in HR to let me know I had been selected for an interview and gave me a quick run down of who I would be interviewing with and the type of the questions I would be asked (very helpful). The interview was with two interviewers and seemed a bit forced as they are instructed to ask specific questions and write down responses for each area of the question. This was frustrating because if you did not answer the question the way the responses were listed on the form they would have you re answer that specific area. All in all friendly people and smooth interview process.

Interview Questions

• Standard STAR story questions. Ex. Can you walk me through a time you had to overcome a challenging task.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in January 2020.

Interview

A recruiter reach me out and call me to get some information about me. Then the recruiter submit my resume to the team and scheduled final round in two weeks. The final round was screening interview. The team member ask me some experiences from my resume. Everything was asked from my resume. Also, the tech lead asked some questions about the technical skills with front end and back end. The senior engineer asked some design pattern skills.

Interview Questions

• How do you design a webpack in React? How do you design an interface in Java?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.