Tripadvisor Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Tripadvisor Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at Tripadvisor

2.9

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tripadvisor in November 2019.

Interview

First-round is an 1-hour live interview. Then it will be a coding challenge as the second round, and finally an on-site interview as the last round. The on-site one has three rounds, two technical and one behavioral. The process is professional and the overall experience is pretty good.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tripadvisor

Application

Interview

1 Hour technical interview, online coding challenge, then on-site interview. HR very accommodating.

Interviewer was rude, disinterested, and clearly going through the motions. Successfully answered most questions but did not move past first interview stage.

Interview Questions

Tripadvisor Response

14 Nov 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our goal is that each candidate is treated respectfully by our recruiting team as well as our interviewers. We’re sorry to hear that this was not the case during your interview. We will share your feedback with the team and use it to continuously improve.

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tripadvisor (Needham, MA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

One hour-long technical phone screen, then a coding challenge that I was given 12 hours to complete. Finally, an on-site interview that involved 2 more technical interviews, a behavioral interview, and lunch with a few engineers

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tripadvisor (Needham, MA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a Phone interview, then a technical challenge and finally an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of two technical interviews and one behavioral. Both of the technical interviews were conducted on a whiteboard

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tripadvisor (Needham, MA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied during career showcase. There were three interviews in total. First on video call where I was asked technical questions. Second is a take home coding assignment. The final round consists of 3 interviews: 2 technical and 1 behavioural and this took place onsite at the tripadvisor headquarter at Needham, MA.

Interview Questions

Tripadvisor Response

2 Dec 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not have the best interview experience. If you’d like to further discuss how we can improve our process, please feel free to reach out.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

one phone interview, one take-home challenge, and one onsite interview with multiple rounds at their office. I could choose from different languages such as Java and c++. The recruiter typically replies in like 2-5 days or so.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tripadvisor.

Interview

I was shortlisted from the campus fair and asked to visit on-site. Everything went smooth except in the technical round, my interviewer didn't show up. A substitute interviewer was arranged but that was already past 30 minutes the scheduled time. I felt that the interview was hurried and I was expected to give an optimized solution in the limited time. This happened in the earlier campus round as well. Interview started 15 minutes late and you don't get any extra time if that happens. I understand that you can get late at times, but kindly don't reduce the scheduled interview duration!

Interview Questions

• Minimize comparisons to find minimum and maximum elements in an array   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tripadvisor.

Interview

The process started off with basic algorithmic questions and resume review on my previous experiences and they are big on Java.

And then a Skype Call on a whiteboard implementing standard algorithms

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tripadvisor in October 2018.

Interview

Recruiter contacted through a 3rd party website. Had a technical phone interview. Recruiter was fast and accommodating. Interviewer was not interested in interviewing, went completely silent for 30 minutes. I was basically talking to myself.

Interview Questions

• recursively and iteratively draw an isosceles triangle with given the top coordinate and height   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tripadvisor (Needham, MA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

They scheduled a phone-screen after I met them at a college career fair. After passing the phone-screen interview, I was assigned a take-home task and was given 48 hours to complete it. Eventually they invited me to do on-site interviews, which included two technical interviews and one behavioral interviews, one hour each.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.