Two Sigma Interview Questions

Updated 8 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 454 of over 454 interviews

Campus Recruiting14%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Two Sigma

Application

I interviewed at Two Sigma

Interview

Three consecutive interviews, all difficult coding questions. Some involve matching orders of trades. Interviewers were courteous, but the coding questions seem too extensive for the amount of time given. Still waiting for feedback.

Interview Questions
  • Advanced coding algorithms, e.g. boardgame where winner has n consecutive moves.
    Answer Question

Two Sigma

Application

I interviewed at Two Sigma

Interview

Coding challenge and then two rounds of coding while talking to another engineer. They asked quite a bit on recursion. It's kinda hard to implement on the spot, but the senior engineer was pretty helpful

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Two Sigma

Application

I interviewed at Two Sigma

Interview

One phone call interview. They didn't even give me a test although my former colleague told me he had one. If you have a previous relevant background, you will be likely to pass.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Two Sigma

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Two Sigma

Interview

Spoke briefly to the internal recruiter in the US, who gave a quick overview of the firm and why I applied (15min call), before a proper telephone interview with the hiring manager which lasted about 30 mins.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Two Sigma

Application

I interviewed at Two Sigma

Interview

Rigorous. Learnt a ton from the process and interviewer made me feel comfortable. Felt more like a conversation at Starbucks than an interview. We went over some financial concepts to test my knowledge and he asked me a couple of scenario questions. A tip would be to engage the interviewer in solving the scenario questions, they love it when you ask them questions.

Interview Questions
  • Suppose the market closed at 1.5% yesterday. Is that a big change or a small change in your opinion?

Two Sigma

Application

I interviewed at Two Sigma

Interview

First, start with an HR call, provide enough context but without the next round of the interviewer's name or background. Second round is a case-study interview, asking two case study questions, mostly product design-related questions. Get rejection after follow up with HR one week later, without providing any feedback. I think it would be great to provide more transparency and helping the candidate to improve.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Two Sigma

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Two Sigma in Apr 2021

Interview

Applied online, then got a phone interview with HR, followed by another call with the hiring manager. Got a call a week later to say that they were not going to progress my application. Wasted my time on two levels-1). They informed me that I did not have the right experience, so why did you interview me in the first place? Twice. And 2). They told me that they were in no rush to hire and there was no real deadline, so why bother advertising in the first place?

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Two Sigma

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Two Sigma

Interview

Sent in resume, received a coding challenge with approx. 3 questions, followed by a live coding interview. Interviewer seemed really disinterested and unresponsive during the call. The question was not too hard.

Interview Questions
  • Design a random number generator, find time and space complexity

Two Sigma

Application

I interviewed at Two Sigma

Interview

Overall it was a pretty standard interview. Typical consulting style questions and asking about experience. Had us submit a case as well. Nothing unusual during the interview process and overall a good process even though it didn't work out.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Two Sigma

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Two Sigma

Interview

30 min Phone interview virtual onsite 3 hrs in the morning, 3hrs in the afternoon if you don't pass the morning session, hr will inform you there is no afternoon session

Interview Questions
  • difference between process and thread and how to communicate
Viewing 1 - 10 of 454 Interviews