Two Sigma Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Two Sigma

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Two Sigma (New York, NY (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Coding challenge followed by onsite (some people have to pass a phone screen after the challenge). Onsite was 2 technical interviews in the morning followed by 3 behavioral interviews in the afternoon . The behavioral interviews can turn into technical discussions about abstract problems. Some of the other interviewees did a bit of coding during the behavioral interviews as well.

Interview Questions

• Prepare to dive deep into technical decisions you've made on past projects. Also be prepared to think through abstract design problems. I ended up making a bijection to an NP-Complete problem for a prompt during my behavioral interview.   2 Answers

People Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Rutherford, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Two Sigma (East Rutherford, NJ (US)).

Interview

Overall a negative experience with this firm. Several things to point out here. Their people team consists of white 20 somethings. If you do not fall into this description then good luck! Second they keep you there forever and every interviewer asks you the same questions. Lastly, they consider themselves a techy fund but the “gift” they give you when you interview is a VR viewer for you mobile device which is sooo 2016.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Two Sigma (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter reached out followed by a call with the hiring manager. Then did hackerrank coding test with two questions, one about strings and one about disjoint sets. Afterwards I spoke to multiple people on the team which ended up being them telling me how bad the role was. E.g. there's a lot of grunt work are you ok with that? Very weird experience as I've never had interviewers try to convince me that the role is terrible. Anyways the recruiter arranged a time to call me, didn't call and ghosted me. Lol what a bizarre experience...

Leadership Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Two Sigma (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiter call, Hiring Manager Call, On-site full day of interviews. The whole process was very well coordinated, and very well communicated.

I met onsite with relevant peers that I would be working with and discussed the state of the company, my past experiences, and some personality aspects. The people there are definitely smart, and some might describe them as "mature" in their way of thinking, but I'd call it "conservative" with regards to understanding the goods, bads, and things that can be changed, or the difference between relevant history and capabilities for the future.

Although there is a yearning for a progressive attitude and mentality there, there is also a sense that there are less chances that will be taken, and bit by bit, it will drive them back towards the middle of the road, where opportunity to make non-linear advancements or jumps with experimentation will be stifled by the highlighting of mistakes that are expected to accompany.

The company and people there will do fine, but I think over time they will become more institutionalized than trailblazers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Two Sigma (Houston, TX (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

First there was an interview over the phone with a human resources representative. Nothing too complicated. Then they send you an email with an invitation to solve some programming problems. There were 2 in 3 hours. Very hard problems. Each problem will have an input and the desired output. This input is visible to you; however, after getting the same output, there will be 10 additional cases but you do not get to see the actual input. After this there will be an interview in person.

Interview Questions

• From 1 to 10, how would you rate yourself?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Two Sigma in August 2015.

Interview

I got a email from a recruiter a while after I had submitted a resume. We set up a time for a brief introductory chat over videochat, which the recruiter did not show up for. I asked some follow-up questions about the company over email but never received a response. At my suggestion we simply moved onto the next step of the interview, an online coding test. The coding test took three hours and was moderately difficult. After a week of no communication I inquired and was told that they did not want to continue because I ran out of time to implement the last step to one of the problems.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Two Sigma.

Interview

There were four parts:
    1. HR phone interview (1 hour)
    2. Online code test
    3. Technical phone interview with engineer (1 hr)
    4. In-office interviews (full day)

The whole process was very professional and served to indicate that they were serious about hiring talented developers.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Two Sigma in April 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward HR screen. Asked questions about projects and previous work experience, interest in the company. Company culture information. Company benefits were explained. Discussed different teams on the company and what kind of team members they were looking for.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Two Sigma in June 2015.

Interview

For the very first question, I misheard the phrase 'hash table' as 'test table', so I told the interviewer that I have never heard of 'test table'. Of course the interviewer was very surprised when I told him that I have never heard of 'hash table'. Fortunately, the misunderstanding got cleared out soon and the rest of the interview was ok.

Interview Questions

• Find the median in a stream of integers.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone screen, coding test, as well as full day interview on-site that included meetings with HR, developers, and some managers. Each step and especially the in-person interviews seemed to go very well. Then there was a several week silence after which I was notified over email that I was declined with zero feedback of any kind provided.

Interview Questions

• You will definitely code something - starts simple and then gets more challenging.
      They will give you a simple algorithm to code and make sure you are covering corner cases.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Two Sigma (New York, NY (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

im in the first round of interview process . 20 mins questions to see what you like and don't like. second round is 2hours coding questions, and the third one it behavior question. Then last one is on-site.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.