UC San Diego Health Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 77 of over 77 interviews

Employee Referral5%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UC San Diego Health (San Diego, CA)

Interview

The process was very simple. I was interviewed by the volunteer coordinator and she did not ask any technical/ knowledge questions. It was mostly about availability and preference for departments.

Interview Questions
  • What department would you prefer to work in?
    1 Answer

UC San Diego Health

Application

I interviewed at UC San Diego Health

Interview

The questions were very normal interview questions such as tell me about yourself, why this unit, tell me about a time you had a difficult pt, tell me about a time you had to change your beliefs. I was interviewed by the manager an a nurse on the unit. They were both very nice and would add a response after I answered my assigned question.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had a difficult patient assignment.
Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Diego Health (San Diego, CA) in Jun 2021

Interview

The position was in Hillcrest. There were two separate interviews and the interviews were very straightforward and lasted about 10 minutes each. I was told that they have 3 openings for the position. The lab asked me to provide my references shortly after these interviews and they took many days to review them. However, they reopened the job posting and recruited 2 more persons during the reference checking period. I was merely informed that their subject pool was very competitive. Based on what I read on their hiring guidelines, only final candidates will move forward into the reference checking step. While they claimed that this was completely appropriate, the entire process felt arbitrary and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UC San Diego Health

Application

I interviewed at UC San Diego Health

Interview

Interview was quick and the interviewers were very nice! Had the interview in a nice little conference room. They asked important questions to know if you could get the job done but were still interested in who you are.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UC San Diego Health

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Diego Health

Interview

Interviewer told me which room to meet them in for my afternoon meeting, I waited in an empty room for 30 minutes and they never showed. Went into the office to ask others where my interviewer was and the others in the office said the interviewer was not in the office yet and they would contact me to reschedule. Unbelievably unprofessional interview experience.

Interview Questions
  • What projects have you completed that qualify you for this role?

UC San Diego Health

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Diego Health in Feb 2021

Interview

2 very casual interviews with director and manager. Received an email from manager stating that I had the job and just needed to fill out references. Never heard back from them again. 2 months later received an email from the director asking if I'd be interested in one of the new job openings.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Diego Health (San Diego, CA)

Interview

The interview was pretty standard. First was a quick phone interview, and then an invitation to an in person interview. I met with the PI of the study, and we discussed future goals

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle conflict in the workplace? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

UC San Diego Health

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Diego Health

Interview

Pretty Straightforward One call with Position overview and expectations and then questions about Skills and Project discussion and behavioral and team fit questions. The interview was with the full team and it was great ... interviewers were nice and accommodating.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UC San Diego Health

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Diego Health

Interview

Not really an interview more like a quick tour and schedule availability confirmation. Got the job on the spot basically as they were just hiring whoever fit their schedule needs.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UC San Diego Health

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Diego Health

Interview

Interviewer was over 30 minutes late, I was sitting in an empty conference room for so long I considered walking out. Ended up staying and eventually getting hired and heard from other colleagues that they had a similar interview experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 77 Interviews