WHSmith Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

WHSmith Interview Questions

Updated 19 Jul 2018

2.0

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at WHSmith.

Interview

I had a phone interview for a internship for a WHSmith internship, it was simple, easy and was offer a face to face the very same day. They were friendly and it was a pleasant experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WHSmith (London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was quite easy. I was interviewed by an HR and my future manager. I came in well prepared but I found the questions very straight forward and simple. They asked about my skills and experience, but really wanted to see if I had what it took to do some efficient work asap.
    The overall experience was good, I would recommend t apply there.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WHSmith (Brighton, England) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone call with recruitment after applying through LinkedIn. Sent cv and waited a ehile to hear back, finally arrange an interview after about two weeks. Was expected to prepare a profit and loss presentation, they sent s brief with a fictional report and 5 questions.
    Overall standard interview with the normal customer service questions. Did not like that they expected a full p&l presentation considering the salary in offer was so low. Was turned down "due to lack of retail experience" however really got the feeling I was over qualified. Had already accepted an offer of much better salary anyhow.

Interview Questions

• If you were going on holiday and your cover rang in sick what would you do?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston upon Hull, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WHSmith (Kingston upon Hull, England) in November 2017.

Interview

The woman who interviewed me was really friendly, she took me into a private room with another lady who took notes and started firstly talking about availability, then questions including scenarios of what you’d do in that certain situation, then more about the job role uniform and salary. They also asked if I had any upcoming holidays to which I replied no.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a mystery shopper came in?   1 Answer
    • Give us a time when you’ve participated in teamwork?   Answer Question

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WHSmith (Bournemouth, England) in December 2015.

Interview

Absolutely short, my interview was run by Sales Assistant not even a manager, after 10 Minutes i had a job ! ?No tricky questions , manager decided to came after 20 minutes didnt introduce him self to me i said Hi he said nothing !

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swansea, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at WHSmith (Swansea, Wales) in August 2017.

Interview

After applying for similar position over the past year this was the forth attempt to get to interview stage. Interview went with being put into a room with eleven other people, two dropped out for the interview within the first 10 minutes due to not being able to do the hours with university commitments. Sat around a table given a Competency questions including maths. Then after test question complete we all were sent for one on one interviews after that put into put groups to discuss situations on the shop floor and how would you deal with them, At the end of the interview we all were given the test results and told that there was only one job out of the nine of us left. Overall interview took around One hour.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you have delivered good customer service?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at WHSmith in October 2014.

Interview

It was easy first i went to HR company and then there head office where they asked only simple questions about yourself and wht do you know abou WH smith. I had 3 rounds in total.

Anonymous Employee in Cheltenham, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WHSmith (Cheltenham, England) in April 2014.

Interview

A brief interview covering the usual points of retail work - prior experience, how to handle customers, etc. Fairly standard interview process - anyone who has ever done any retail work will now the usual points.

Customer Services Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WHSmith in December 2016.

Interview

this was my first job interview. I went there and someone took me upstairs to ask some questions. The questions was general however i didn't know it was a Christmas emperor as it didn't say and i was going on holiday g g g g g g g g g

Interview Questions

• give an example of where you have demonstrated leading a team   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at WHSmith (Manchester, England) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email detailing an interview time a couple days later. I was called in and had a short (30 mins) interview, I got a phone call the same day telling me I got the job and I started working that same week.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage your time if you had a long queue at the till, the sandwiches had just been delivered and your manager had just asked you to sweep the floor?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.