WHSmith Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

WHSmith Interview Questions

Updated 5 Nov 2018

2.0

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at WHSmith.

Interview

I had a phone interview for a internship for a WHSmith internship, it was simple, easy and was offer a face to face the very same day. They were friendly and it was a pleasant experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WHSmith (London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was quite easy. I was interviewed by an HR and my future manager. I came in well prepared but I found the questions very straight forward and simple. They asked about my skills and experience, but really wanted to see if I had what it took to do some efficient work asap.
    The overall experience was good, I would recommend t apply there.

Allocator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WHSmith (London, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Online application form with CV and covering letter followed by a telephone call and brief discussion assessing suitability. An interview was then arranged for a couple of days later. Absolutely loved the people and head office environment.very friendly and relaxed but focused on he job requirement and suitability. Employees have been there for some time and there are prospects for career progression.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WHSmith (Aberdeen, Scotland) in May 2018.

Interview

After applying online, I recieved a phone interview which was very situational based looking for examples of situations I had been in and what I did in the situation. I was then invited to a face to face interview with two managers, both were very friendly and made me feel welcome. I was asked similar questions but this time was more conversational so they could explore what I was telling them. We also talked about the company and position which was a good opertunity for me to show what I already knew and also ask further questions.

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WHSmith (London, England).

Interview

Quick reply after completing the WHSmith application on their website. After 1 week I recieved an email saying they wished to interview me in a few days time. The interview was quick, but due to the fact that it woukd inly be a temporary position for me due to summer I had to decline the position. Very friendly and laid back interview where a lot of the chat was casual, with a sheet being filled out with common interview questions

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WHSmith (London, England).

Interview

Phone interview, followed by a 1st interview with an existing unit Manager. Was invited to 2nd interview, & had to prepare an analysis of some of their units in a specific location. Interview was poor, completed with a Senior Field Manager type person, who was more interested in his phone than speaking with the candidate during the interview. Never heard from them again, which is probably just as well due to this ignorant behaviour.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WHSmith (Brighton, England) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone call with recruitment after applying through LinkedIn. Sent cv and waited a ehile to hear back, finally arrange an interview after about two weeks. Was expected to prepare a profit and loss presentation, they sent s brief with a fictional report and 5 questions.
    Overall standard interview with the normal customer service questions. Did not like that they expected a full p&l presentation considering the salary in offer was so low. Was turned down "due to lack of retail experience" however really got the feeling I was over qualified. Had already accepted an offer of much better salary anyhow.

Interview Questions

• If you were going on holiday and your cover rang in sick what would you do?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston upon Hull, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WHSmith (Kingston upon Hull, England) in November 2017.

Interview

The woman who interviewed me was really friendly, she took me into a private room with another lady who took notes and started firstly talking about availability, then questions including scenarios of what you’d do in that certain situation, then more about the job role uniform and salary. They also asked if I had any upcoming holidays to which I replied no.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a mystery shopper came in?   1 Answer
    • Give us a time when you’ve participated in teamwork?   Answer Question

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WHSmith (Bournemouth, England) in December 2015.

Interview

Absolutely short, my interview was run by Sales Assistant not even a manager, after 10 Minutes i had a job ! ?No tricky questions , manager decided to came after 20 minutes didnt introduce him self to me i said Hi he said nothing !

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WHSmith in August 2015.

Interview

Informal, I was left alone to fill in a short maths quiz type form which was pretty basic. I then had an interview with the manager. The questions were what you would expect, nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• What's you're biggest weakness? Why should I hire you for this role? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What do you know about WHSmith?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.