Yelp Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Yelp

2,497 Interview Reviews

2.8

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online through LinkedIn, was contacted via email my a recruiter the next day to set up a phone screening. The phone screening lasted about 20 mins and consisted of basic background information about you and the role. After the phone call I set up an onsite interview. During the onsite interview I met with two different managers.. Each manager was slightly different, but they both had me role play a sales pitch. After the interview I got a call a few days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time when you didn't meet your goal(s), how did you respond?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Relatively easy interview process. Had one phone call that lasted about 20 minutes asking basic interview questions. Went in for a in person interview and tour around the office which lasted about 30 minutes that was pretty basic as well. Both interviewers were nice and created a comfortable environment.

Interview Questions

• Sell me any product or service that you like   1 Answer

Entry Level Interview

Interview

Challenging, intense, discussed specific cases and company scenarios. Went through 3 or 4 phone call interviews before getting turned down. It has been a while ago now though. 2014 or 2015 if I remember correctly.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

First initial interview is going to be a phone conversation with a recruiter, after that you have an onsite interview with the Sales Manager, the sales manager will then ask you about your experience, what do you know about the company and will then proceed to a role play with you and they will then give you feedback

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that someone did not agree on something and how did you turn that around?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Very quick and simple. There was 2 stages. First was just regular phone call then an in person interview. When I went to the office, people were very chill and nice. They seemed like they wanted to know candidates that were coachable. The office was nice too and staff was nice. They had free snacks and lunch items, as well as free coffee.

Interview Questions

• What do I like to do during my free time   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard. After I applied through an employee referral, a recruiter reached out within 3 days to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was standard, reiterating the job description, asking basic questions about my background, and asked why I chose to apply to Yelp. The second interview was with the Manager of the position of I was applying for, going more in-depth about the position and expectations. After this, I was scheduled for an in-person interview at Yelp HQ. The in-person was around 3 hours, with 30 minute interview sessions with HR, future coworkers and the manager. Standard interview questions - What are your weaknesses etc.

Ultimately, I did not receive the position, but the recruiter was great in following up.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time where you made a mistake at work, and how you solved it?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Very bad interview experience

I applied to Yelp via their website and was contacted by a recruiter for a screening call. Next round was directly with Hiring Manager. 30 min video call in which the manager came over 10 minutes late and interrupted me at the exact 30th minute saying they had to be someplace else.

Received a reject soon after. The interviewer did not seem interested during the interview and the whole process just seemed like a waste of time.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Interview

It was interesting but slightly boring. There is a lot to expect. The job was less interesting as the interview progressed. Overall it was good to hear about but i was not generally interested.

AE Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

the interview process was fairly basic. you get an initial phone call, go in for a group interview and then you are interviewed one on one. the group interview is just a few people and then the one on one is just someone in your position interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• ask about how you handle rejection & competitive environments   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yelp (Clinton, MD (US)).

Interview

The interview process was terrible they basically do mass hiring. The first interview was over the phone and they give you a window time of an hour for your interview. Long story short they follow up and then say that they have a lot of candidates so if you miss their call and call them immediately back (within 2 mins) they still won’t allow you to interview. I did my second interview and they said they were going to follow up to schedule an in person interview and a few days later they said they are going to go with another candidate. Be truthful!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.