Yelp Interview Questions

Updated 6 Mar 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Yelp

2.8
HardAverageEasy
Found 2608 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Yelp (United States)

Interview

Simple 30 minute intro interview. Learned about the position and went into basic background of my career. They went through how the next steps worked which was around 3-4 interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your background
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Yelp (United States)

Interview

Had a phone interview, then they brought me in person and had me meet multiple members of the team back to back. Generally just asked about my background and were clear about their expectations.

Interview Questions
  • Could I handle distributing press releases? Was I familiar with writing original copy? Was I familiar with creating press lists and pitching?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brazil
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (Brazil)

Interview

It was terrible, I felt the recruitment completely not interest on me since the first contact, but for some reason they talked to me. The first technical interview was easy, I was able to solve the problem in a just a few minutes, I did the complexity analysis, everything went well. But in the next day the feedback which I've received was that I was not approved, and they couldn't provide me individual feedback. Well, such a waste of time. Please, if you don't like a candidate for any non technical reason, despite of being so weird, please don't start the process with him, don't make him lose time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Australia
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (Australia)

Interview

Informal chat at a cafe, interviewer spoke in depth about his ex girlfriend, was a strange process, I did not find this to be related to the role, so it was off putting for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trinidad and Tobago
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (Trinidad and Tobago)

Interview

I applied online through a Glassdoor advertisement. I was sent a general Hackerrank test at the start of the process with 1 question to be solved in 30 minutes. There was also to be a chat with a recruiter and a systems design question. I was not able to complete the process due to other commitments but overall the recruiter was friendly and I would be happy to speak again.

Interview Questions
Yelp
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Yelp (United States)

Interview

it was a great experience, I was asked good questions. Asked about my experience and what i would bring to the new opportunity and department I enjoyed the conversation and it made me hopeful for the opportunity

Interview Questions
Yelp
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Yelp (United States)

Interview

Recruiter was very friendly and responsive in all interactions. Interview process was about two weeks total. First interview was over the phone and then in person. Did not take too long to hear back about the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canada
Application

I interviewed at Yelp (Canada)

Interview

The hr reached me out on Linkedin and we had a phone interview. After the phone interview, he sent me an OA. Then three weeks passed till now I didn't get any reply. Note that I asked him if there is any update through Linkedin but he did not reply to me at all. I think even the result is a rejection I deserve a response at least.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canada
Application

I interviewed at Yelp (Canada)

Interview

This was for yelp canada. Short phone screen with recruiter. She told me immediately about going thru to the second stage which was a video call with a DS manager. Did'nt go past the second stage but the 3rd and final stage is apparently a virtual onsite consisting of 4 or so individual interviews with different DS and product people. FEEDBACK: I was told in the phone screen that the second stage would test technical & communication skills plus business product intuition. The interview was totally academic and almost seemed like they were looking to do a checkbox approach. Nothing too sour though since its understandable, maybe that makes it easier for them to be objective. Plus the interviewer was very nice and supportive as well as patient.

Interview Questions
  • 1. What is a sql join 2. Is it possible for a left join to give the same result as an inner join, if yes, how 3. What is sql where,having statement 4. Whats a union, diff between union and join 5. How would you determine if a coin is fair if it gives 55 heads on 100 tosses The interview ended with a sql question; had to write a query about some lame open ended analytical situation.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Yelp (United States)

Interview

First spoke to a manager over the phone where they asked a few basic questions. At the end of the call, the scheduled a time for me to chat with two more managers. After that call, I spoke to a recruiter who made the offer.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,608 Interviews