58% would recommend to a friend
(4832 total reviews)
73% approve of CEO
Found 4,832 of over 5K reviews
Updated 6 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and perfect for highly motivated outbound sellers or people who respond to high energy management." (in 459 reviews)
- "the people there are great and it looks good to have Yelp on your resume." (in 406 reviews)
- "Something that is so great about working here is the culture and investment the managers actually have in your life." (in 301 reviews)
- "Free food and snacks which is important if you are on a fixed income at the beginning." (in 194 reviews)
- "Always learning and great training" (in 182 reviews)
- "Managers and Directors for the life of theirs do not admit there are better territories to call 2 than others." (in 262 reviews)
- "Low pay and not enough resources" (in 244 reviews)
- "Poor management and tough clients" (in 234 reviews)
- "I don't understand how they expect people to survive off such a low salary." (in 121 reviews)
- "The recruiter is lying when they tell you that you will make commission your first year." (in 81 reviews)
- 5.018 Oct 2023Software Engineer - IOSCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
They care about the welfare of their employees
They don’t pay as much as their peers.Yelp Response2mo
Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad to hear that you have had a five-star experience on our team so far. At Yelp, we take a person-first approach to well-being, and we strive to offer world-class benefits to our employees and focus on total compensation. Our flexible benefits are designed to support our folks' physical and mental well-being, and include things like stock incentives, cash bonuses, 401(k) matching, and employer-paid insurance to name a few. All told, our compensation package is based on what our employees value most - total rewards.
- 1.010 Nov 2023Machine Learning EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Good Benefits in healthcare, vacations
Middle Management is very low grade, and with unchecked power. Managers doing vendetta and retaliation is very common. Typical Cultural Politics where knowing the right people gets you ahead in your career instead of creating value for the company's users2Yelp Response4w
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It sounds like your time with us didn't go as planned, and the things you mentioned are not representative of the culture at Yelp. We invite you to share more details about your experience by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.
- 3.06 Oct 2023Applied ScientistCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Laid-back culture Good benefits and pay Chilled work People are generally nice, and very diverse
Have had bad engineering managers and also have heard quite a few of these, who micromanage and care a lot about corporate bs. Very risk-averse technical culture. The opposite of cutting-edge. It gets boring and frustrating if you care and would like to learn faster.1
- 3.030 Sept 2023Engineering ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Very good benefit package. Amazing company culture (on paper). People first (on paper).
Very convoluted career progression, which is not mentioned during the interview process. Little to none career possibilitites if you are not in North America. Senior management weaponizes support requests against you if serves their purpose. Extremely layered management (at least in the org I was part of).
- 5.08 Sept 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
- Good work-life balance - Great company culture - Lots of opportunities for career growth - Remote first!
I have personally not experienced stuff I don't like
- 5.022 Aug 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Passionate and kind staff. Fairly fast iterative development and experimentation. Up-to-date tech stack. Clear leveling system to aid growth. Work from home. Accepting of local time when working with international colleagues. Social budgets for activities / team building.
None I have experiences so far.Yelp Response4mo
Thank you for your five-star feedback! We are so happy to hear that you're having an overall awesome experience on our team. We're thankful to have you at Yelp, and we look forward to many more years of growth!
- 4.010 Jun 2023ML EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
Culture, people, wlb, stock refresher, good ml work
Workflows, slow moving, compensation not top notchYelp Response6mo
We appreciate your feedback, and we are glad to hear that you're having an overall great experience on our team! As you mentioned, the people at Yelp are truly awesome, and they make it a great place to work. It's exciting to hear that reflected in your feedback. At Yelp, we strive to offer world-class benefits to our employees and focus on total compensation. This includes stock incentives, cash bonuses, 401(k) matching, and employer-paid insurance to name a few. All told, our compensation package is very competitive in all of our markets and is based on what our employees value most - total rewards. Thanks again for sharing your feedback, we are so glad that you're on our team at Yelp!
Yelp Reviews FAQs
Yelp has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 5,039 reviews left anonymously by employees. 58% of employees would recommend working at Yelp to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
58% of Yelp employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Yelp 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.