Yelp Reviews

3.5
Yelp Co-Founder & CEO Jeremy Stoppelman
Jeremy Stoppelman
1,795 Ratings
Pros
  • "The coworkers, free food , free coffee(in 310 reviews)

• "great culture and great people to work with(in 225 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Stressful, product isn't believable to sell to business owners(in 274 reviews)

• "High volume cold calls are a must(in 89 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Yelp

Join the conversation on

Tech

5m

works at

Yelp

At Yelp we have “quarterlies” where we align with our manager on our growth over the quarter and if there is a “misalignment” in where we think I am then we chat about it to try and come to a mutual understanding. In my last two quarterlies I’ve felt like we’ve misaligned in multiple areas and I spent a ton of time explaining things that my manager didn’t know I did. So my question is… have you experienced something similar and what did you do to fix it. How can I gain visibility?

5 Comments

Tech

111.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Yelp~43314
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0

Amazing Workplace!

Jan 17, 2022 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome workplace, Intelligent people, good benefits, work life balance.

Cons

Hard sometime to work with people based in California due to timezones!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The best WLB experience ever

Dec 20, 2021 - Security Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone on my team trust me to do my job without micromanaging

Cons

None so far, I'll update my answer when I found one

3. 5.0

Happy Newbe

Dec 14, 2021 - Benefits Specialist in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great interview process and equipment, no expense spared!

Cons

None as of yet !

Yelp Response

We’re happy to hear things are off to a great start in your new role as a Benefits Specialist! Your work is so valuable and we’re thankful to have you as a new member of the team. Keep up the great work, we can’t wait to see all the great things you’ll accomplish next year!

4. 5.0

Interview Review

Oct 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people, company and interview process.

Cons

There's no cons as of yet.

Yelp Response

Thank you for your five-star feedback! We're thrilled you had a fantastic experience and had a flawless interview process. We appreciate the opportunity to get to know you!

5. 1.0
      Former Employee

Not all its cracked up to be

Nov 9, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some managers are nice and sales teams

Cons

Need more transparency between managers

Yelp Response

Thank you for telling us about your time at Yelp. Authenticity and Play Well With Others are two of our core values that guide our work and interactions and it's unfortunate to hear that some of the interactions with your team didn't quite align to these values. We foster an environment where every person at Yelp can feel heard, included, and valued. We'll be sure to share your input with our leadership team so we can keep improving and making Yelp a place where folks can continue to thrive. We appreciate your contributions to the team and wish you the best of luck in your next role.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good people, training, but frustrating sales strategies

Oct 8, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training, experienced managers, and nice office in SF

Cons

Forced to occasionally sell the incorrect ad package. Negative reactions to clients and customers called by yelp employees.

Yelp Response

Thanks for letting us know about your time at Yelp! We're glad to hear you enjoyed going through the Yelp Sales Development Program and built a good relationship with your leadership team. We're concerned to hear that you felt the right solution wasn't always being presented to our clients. At Yelp, we have a zero-tolerance policy for any odd behavior like this and we teach our folks to communicate our products and services clearly and accurately during every single call. We'll be sure to share your notes with our team. We're thankful for your time and contributions to Yelp, and wish you the best of luck in your next role.

7. 5.0

Amazing

Sep 18, 2021 - Software Engineer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Schedule Salary Fun Coworkers Benefits

Cons

nothing to complain about it.

Yelp Response

Thank you for your five-star feedback! It's great that you're having an overall great experience and we couldn't agree more that we have wonderful people working at Yelp! We know having some flexibility in your hours and being a part of an impactful mission are important parts of enjoying your career, and it's awesome that you've found those. We're thankful for your hard work and contributions to the team, keep up the great work!

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Work Culture

Jun 8, 2021 - Software Engineer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will get to have free food

Cons

Work life can be off-balance sometimes

1 person found this review helpful

Yelp Response

Thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that you enjoyed the culture at Yelp as well as having access to fully-stocked kitchens. We're sorry to hear that work/life balance could have been better during your time with us, Yelp encourages employees to take time off from work to refresh and recharge when needed. Thank you for your time with us, and wish you the best of luck in your next role!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture and company to work for!

May 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, good team members, you feel welcomed and supported. A big focus is on development and teamwork.Diversity and inclusion is also a very big highlight.

Cons

Nothing I can think of as oof yet.

10. 5.0

Great place to work

May 27, 2021 - Recruiting
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, culture, career opportunities

Cons

Compensation, benefits, diversity, inclusion, belonging

Yelp Response

Thank you for your five-star feedback! It's great to hear that you've found a healthy work life balance and finding plenty of room for growth. We appreciate your input and will be sure to share it with our leadership team. Keep up the great work, we're glad you're here!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,622 Reviews