Yelp Reviews

3.5
Yelp Co-Founder & CEO Jeremy Stoppelman
Jeremy Stoppelman
1,715 Ratings
Pros
  • "Fun culture, free food, good money(in 277 reviews)

• "Amazing culture and great people(in 199 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Uphill battle having to constantly convince business owners that Yelp is not this corrupt monster of a company(in 248 reviews)

• "All cold calls, lots of burnout(in 80 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Yelp

Join the conversation on

Tech

24d

works at

Yelp

At Yelp we have “quarterlies” where we align with our manager on our growth over the quarter and if there is a “misalignment” in where we think I am then we chat about it to try and come to a mutual understanding. In my last two quarterlies I’ve felt like we’ve misaligned in multiple areas and I spent a ton of time explaining things that my manager didn’t know I did. So my question is… have you experienced something similar and what did you do to fix it. How can I gain visibility?

5 Comments

Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0

Amazing

Sep 18, 2021 - Software Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Schedule Salary Fun Coworkers Benefits

Cons

nothing to complain about it.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Work Culture

Jun 8, 2021 - Software Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will get to have free food

Cons

Work life can be off-balance sometimes

Yelp Response

Thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that you enjoyed the culture at Yelp as well as having access to fully-stocked kitchens. We're sorry to hear that work/life balance could have been better during your time with us, Yelp encourages employees to take time off from work to refresh and recharge when needed. Thank you for your time with us, and wish you the best of luck in your next role!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture and company to work for!

May 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, good team members, you feel welcomed and supported. A big focus is on development and teamwork.Diversity and inclusion is also a very big highlight.

Cons

Nothing I can think of as oof yet.

4. 5.0

Great place to work

May 27, 2021 - Recruiting
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, culture, career opportunities

Cons

Compensation, benefits, diversity, inclusion, belonging

Yelp Response

Thank you for your five-star feedback! It's great to hear that you've found a healthy work life balance and finding plenty of room for growth. We appreciate your input and will be sure to share it with our leadership team. Keep up the great work, we're glad you're here!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Genuinely cares about employees

May 11, 2021 - Site Reliability Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Throughout the pandemic, Yelp's leadership has been making sure that employees have the resources they need to work at home. Both in terms of office supplies but also time off to get vaccinated, check in on your mental health & recover. Teams get to choose their own destiny, within reason, and there's a huge amount of flexibility.

Cons

Historically the flexibility & freedom that teams have has lead to myriad different implementations of the same thing. Recently this has started to become less of an issue with standardised platforms that make it easy for folks to do the right thing.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Racist Managers

Oct 9, 2020 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

No pro’s whatsoever working at this company.

Cons

Constant overt racism from senior management

Continue reading
      2 people found this review helpful

Yelp Response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It sounds like your time with us didn't go as planned, and the things you mentioned are not representative of the culture at Yelp. We do not tolerate racism our organization, and we ask employees to come forward when they see this any form of this behavior. We encourage you to please share more details about your experience at employeefeedback@yelp.com so that we can look into this further. On our end, we are committed to supporting our employees so that they can come to work every day and feel a sense of belonging. From creating a diversity task force at the executive level that includes our CEO, COO, and CFO, to creating a new employee resource group called BlackBurst that is expressly focused on the Black community at Yelp. We also reevaluated our diversity training program, and concluded there was more to do. It is one thing to train on anti-racist policies, another to show how these policies come up in the workplace, and yet another to provide more education about the historical context for why these policies matter in the first place. To the last point, we introduced mandatory, company-wide training on systemic racism and institutional bias. We know that there are more challenges opportunities ahead, and we are working on each of these initiatives with great urgency. We're thankful for your feedback, and will continue to listen to the needs of our employees so that we can keep making Yelp a great place to work. Your contributions to Yelp are appreciated, and we wish you the very best of luck in your next role.

7. 5.0

Company Review

Jan 8, 2020 - People Business Partner in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture and great people

Cons

None so far, just a great work place

Yelp Response

Thank you for your five-star feedback! Glad to hear that you're seeing the value of your work and enjoying your teammates. Can't wait to see how much more we will accomplish in 2020!

8. 5.0

Great Culture

Sep 7, 2019 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everybody is extremely helpful and the culture is awesome

Cons

Slow moving compared to other technology companies

9. 4.0

Amazing Talent, Great Culture

Jul 31, 2019 - Enterprise AE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative Work Environment, Amazing Talent, Great Culture

Cons

Salary and caliber of accounts

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

Software Engineer @ Yelp

Jun 16, 2019 - Software Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Super friendly and easy-going work environment, flexible hours, great people and very nice office spaces.

Cons

I have not really found any until now.

1 person found this review helpful