Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for engineer

Engineer Interview Questions

19,317

engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

how do you get an Elephant in the fridge?

30 Answers

take the Giraffe out first?

Dumbo, you make a big fridge

I don't know! But do you know how to tell if there's an elephant in your fridge? There's footprints in the the butter. How can you tell when there's TWO elephants in your fridge? You hear giggling inside. How can you tell when there's THREE elephants in your fridge? You can't close the door. You're welcome.

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

All questions are mentions in the review and practice following coding questions for sure on leetcode.

18 Answers

The questions were not very difficult but you really need to have all the concepts crystal-clear and be ready to apply them successfully. One of the questions was "how to count the letters in this string:" "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog";

12 Answers

SJT: very easy, have a little practice online then you can pass it very easily Numerical Test: practice at least 8 tests, 18 questions in 24 mins?, I THINK I got 13/18, and quite rush for the last 4 questions. Inductive test: practice at least 8 tests to know the tricks about it eg rotations, same patterns, alternating etc, 24 questions in 25 mins. very rush for the last 8 questions, I THINK I got at least half. Video interview: Why do you know about rail industry, what do you like our graduate scheme, a time to solve problems creatively (feeling before, during and after), a time to build a professional network (feeling before, during and after). what are your key strengths and skills and how you can use them to contribute Network Rail, why work for Network rail. 8 Questions in total. 1 min to prepare your answers. Will give you 1 or 2 mins to answer your questions. Tips for Video: They ask you a general questions, but then give you quite a few sub questions which are relevant to the general questions. PRACTICE EVERY SINGER QUESTIONS, BE CONCISE AND WITHIN 2 MINS. MAKE SURE YOU ANSWER THE SUB QUESTIONS. AND VIDEO INTERVIEW IS WEIRD! contact me if you want more info or discussion

11 Answers

networking

11 Answers

Why are you interested in Network Rail and the graduate scheme?

9 Answers

Design an algorithm to find the first unique element in an array.

8 Answers

I got to the third and final interview stage with the company for which I had to prepare a presentaion talking about myself, how I would fit into the company and what I know about them. Previously I had a successful skype interview and a face to face interview where I impressed and was told to keep doing what i'm doing. So at this final interview stage I had prepared a presentaion about the company and I conducted additional research (as any normal person would), only to be told after a brief chat with an executive before I was supposed to do my presentation, that they wouldn't be taking my application further. Bare in mind this is just before I was supposed to do my presentation that I had prepared and had rehearsed for a considerable amount of time. I'm not angry/annoyed that I didn't get on to the graduate programme, because if i'd have been given the opportunity and they didn't think i'd be suited to it then I would say 'ok fair enough', i'm fuming at the fact that they wouldn't even let me conduct my presentation that they ask all graduates to make as part of the interview process to get onto the LIFT programme. When he was telling me why I hadn't got any further he almost seemed to take pleasure in telling me he'd done the same to over half the other graduates at this stage and didn't allow them to present either. As a whole this tells me the company is completely unprofessional, that their interview process is ridiculously flawed and that the executive who gave me my final interview is a horrible little man who takes pleasure in other people's failure due to his own lack of knowledge around how an interview should work.

8 Answers

Tell me about NOV? Why does NOV interest you?

8 Answers

A rabbit wants to climb some stairs and it can do steps of 1 or 2. How many possible paths are there to follow ( e.g 1-1-1... or 2-2-2 ... or 2-1-2-1... etc)

6 Answers