Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Engineer Interview Questions

12,341

Engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

how do you get an Elephant in the fridge?

29 Answers

take the Giraffe out first?

Dumbo, you make a big fridge

I don't know! But do you know how to tell if there's an elephant in your fridge? There's footprints in the the butter. How can you tell when there's TWO elephants in your fridge? You hear giggling inside. How can you tell when there's THREE elephants in your fridge? You can't close the door. You're welcome.

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Why Network Rail and why the rail industry?

12 Answers

The questions were not very difficult but you really need to have all the concepts crystal-clear and be ready to apply them successfully. One of the questions was "how to count the letters in this string:" "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog";

12 Answers

SJT: very easy, have a little practice online then you can pass it very easily Numerical Test: practice at least 8 tests, 18 questions in 24 mins?, I THINK I got 13/18, and quite rush for the last 4 questions. Inductive test: practice at least 8 tests to know the tricks about it eg rotations, same patterns, alternating etc, 24 questions in 25 mins. very rush for the last 8 questions, I THINK I got at least half. Video interview: Why do you know about rail industry, what do you like our graduate scheme, a time to solve problems creatively (feeling before, during and after), a time to build a professional network (feeling before, during and after). what are your key strengths and skills and how you can use them to contribute Network Rail, why work for Network rail. 8 Questions in total. 1 min to prepare your answers. Will give you 1 or 2 mins to answer your questions. Tips for Video: They ask you a general questions, but then give you quite a few sub questions which are relevant to the general questions. PRACTICE EVERY SINGER QUESTIONS, BE CONCISE AND WITHIN 2 MINS. MAKE SURE YOU ANSWER THE SUB QUESTIONS. AND VIDEO INTERVIEW IS WEIRD! contact me if you want more info or discussion

11 Answers

networking

11 Answers

Why are you interested in Network Rail and the graduate scheme?

9 Answers

Tell me about NOV? Why does NOV interest you?

8 Answers

The first coding question was to determine whether a list of integers with size N, contains all the numbers from one to N.

7 Answers

Write a function that takes the ordinal number of a column in a spreadsheet and returns the label of that column: i.e. 1 -> A 2 -> B, 26 -> Z, 27->AA

7 Answers

Merging of Sets: Sets Users which reference other user groups.

6 Answers