User experience designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

User experience designer Interview Questions

user experience designer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you design an interface for a 1000 floors elevator

9 Answers

Firstly I am assuming that there won’t be any budget problem. Ok there are two options and we have to test which one is the user preferred yes I mean user preferred, with real user testing. a)It has to be touch screen (sleek user interface with LCD screen). The interface can be like calculator (not exactly like calculator just the key part) were user can punch the key in and the output will be seen on LCD touch screen. b)Second option > the idea inspiration comes from Apple, yes iPhone were you slide and select the fore (just like how we set date or time in iPhone) Yes of course both the interface has to be tested, when I say tested; tested with real users. Note: There has to be some big/or small LCD displaying on each floor (not sure about each floor) to display were the lift is going to stop. Both inside and outside the lift. Putting LCD outside the lift in a proper location will be easy but not inside. It has to be placed in L shape were the door open. on top of the door ( \ like this) so each one can see the LCD no matter where they are standing or tall or short one ;) To see more interview question please visit my blog. https://nadimkhan.wordpress.com/2012/08/24/ux-user-experience-interview-questions/

Use a dial-pad rather than an abundant amount of buttons.

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

What do you know about ETX

2 Answers

Various questions about experience, detailing projects, salary expectations after which the structure seemed to crumble.

Presentation

1 Answer

What product have you worked with in the past that you are proud of?  What about it was great, and what would you change?

1 Answer

How do you keep up with Industry best practice?

1 Answer

Design exercise was to show how you would design a simple travel booking app. Think I had about an hour.

1 Answer

4 minute sketching for an idea from a fish bowl, i.e; athletes + collaborate + phone.

1 Answer

Two juniors simply discussed the culture and company values again. The interview instructions specifically mentioned this is a chance to voice your opinion and challenge the team if you disagree.

1 Answer

Are you happy to work remotely?

110 of 200 Interview Questions