Baringa Partners Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.0
Baringa Partners Managing Partner Adrian Bettridge
Adrian Bettridge

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work life balance better compared to the consulting industry as a whole" (in 12 reviews)

• "Ultimately there are just great people working here and it feels as though everyone is pulling in the same direction" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance has been harder and harder to maintain since joining and it hasn't always been easy to address it" (in 21 reviews)

• "Long hours are frequently overlooked (" (in 9 reviews)

1. "The day I leave Baringa will be the day I leave Consulting"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in London, England

I have been working at Baringa Partners part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Best people
    - Open and honest
    - Interesting work
    - Great culture

Cons

- Balancing consulting life is hard but they do the best job to help an individual make it work for them around client demand

Advice to Management

- Keep working on keeping the people elements right as we grow and we cant go wrong

2. "I look forward to Mondays"

Current Employee - Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Baringa Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Motivated, intelligent people; Fantastic perks; Interesting projects; Formal and informal training culture is great - lots of weight placed on learning/ knowledge. As a firm, Baringa communicates senior leadership decisions really well to the junior staff - I feel involved in the direction of the firm.

Cons

Only con is that my outside of work friends are getting sad with me for spending too much time at work socials.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! The emphasis on innovation is great

3. "Lovey bunch but possibly getting too big now"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

Pros

Genuine focus on culture and individual experience of the company

Cons

Out of town working quite common

4. "Endless opportunities at this great company"

Current Employee - Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Baringa Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having interned at Baringa, I recently rejoined as an Analyst and everything/everyone I have experienced so far leaves me feeling that this company truly does practice what it preaches. Everyone, irrespective of their seniority, is very generous with their time when it comes to finding out about different Business Units, answering general questions etc. As someone junior I have also felt encouraged to take part in driving the kind of work that we do and really shaping the business which is something I never envisaged doing within my first year. In my experience, the Partners are "all ears" when taking on board suggestions and feedback.

I have already been given significant responsibility, exposing me to situations that have enabled me to learn and develop quickly on the job. At the same time, the training on offer has been at the cutting edge of what's going on in the industry.

Ultimately there are just great people working here and it feels as though everyone is pulling in the same direction. This results in a really collaborative feel to how work is done at Baringa,, but above all makes it great fun. The idea that a happy workforce delivers top results is certainly working.

Cons

There are none that spring to mind.

Advice to Management

Maintain the "we are only as strong as our people" mantra as the company grows to ensure that the DNA largely remains the same .

5. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Manager in London, England

I worked at Baringa Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, growing company, greater transparency and easier access to leadership than in a lot of other firms. Very good culture and inclusive environment. Being different is an asset and a valued way of adding value. Coming from a big american firm, not feeling like being a number has been incredibly valuable and self-rewarding.

Cons

Like in any other consulting firm, some decisions around performance management can be very political and not always driven by performance only. Work-life balance has been harder and harder to maintain since joining and it hasn't always been easy to address it.

Advice to Management

Growing does not mean that Baringa has to become like Big 4 firms and hopeful that the amazing culture and Baringa's differentiators will remain over time.

6. "A really fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Baringa Partners full-time

Pros

Great culture and collaborative nature. Everyone is approachable, you are encouraged to share ideas, the work is varied and challenging and the social side is great without being pressured. Opportunities for promotion across the business are plentiful as well.

There are great opportunities to do extra outside of the 'day job', you can get involved in anything from sports clubs to company wide initiatives and working groups.

Cons

No major cons i can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, Baringa remains a great place to be

7. "Very good consulting company"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Baringa Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It has taken me a little while to figure things out here at Baringa, but once I realised that the most important aspect of being here is to make genuine contributions, rather than just being busy, it has been a lot of fun. My projects have given me the opportunity to grow, colleagues are genuine and for most of the time I have had a lot of fun. I have also found that the obsession with Baringa culture is completely voluntary. At times I just do my job and don't get involved which nobody seems to mind.

Cons

The road to the top seems long and I don't think it's good to have a Senior Consultant grade in between Consultant and Manager. It slows down careers unnecessarily. Whilst I understand that Baringa Managers are more mature and seasoned, other consulting firms don't seem to have that grade.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Enforce a good culture. Make sure 1:1 coaching is available to all grades and people feel appreciated and remunerated adequately.

8. "Manager @ Baringa"

I have been working at Baringa Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great company culture including - fantastic company events, personal well being funds, focus on diversity and gender equality
    - Driven / Smart people with deep industry and technical skills
    - Agile organisational structure allowing best fit for clients and staff on projects

Cons

- Size sometimes means fierce competition with competitors with larger scale. Means you are continuously proving yourself to client
    - Limited global opportunities at present but growing

Advice to Management

'- Keep going!

"They write their own reviews to improve their ratings!!!"

I have been working at Baringa Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A few good people - unfortunately they all want to move

Cons

They write their own reviews to improve their ratings!! I’ve heard them laugh and giggle about it in the office. and it’s quite amusing to see how a flood of 5* reviews just appears every-time the rating drops below 4. For those reading this message - be warned and don’t be fooled. This is a horrible horrible place to work. The partners are a viscous lot. Stay away. Do not waste your previous time in this company!

Baringa Partners Response

7 Jun 2018 – Partner and People Lead

Hi. We do monitor Glassdoor regularly and are comfortable with our employees posting open and honest reviews, responding to them where we feel that a response is appropriate and needed. I’m quite... More

"Toxic Culture - Beware!"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Baringa Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Senior Partners seem genuinely interested in people and clients....

Cons

....everyone else doesn't care. Partners (junior partners) are a malicious lot. Their insecurities are reflected in their attempts to keep the staff under their thumbs. They ensure no good ideas reach the clients unless the credit goes to them.

The clients don't respect them either. I have had 3 clients in the past 2 years who have asked to remove the Partners and the Senior Managers on the accounts! They move around in client offices with a high degree of arrogance, and virtually zero value add. It seems that the higher you go on the career ladder in Baringa, the more audacious you get. The pomposity, and complete disregard for the junior minions is a must have for getting promoted as well.

Terrible company to work for. Has dimmed my light!

Advice to Management

Try not to write defensive responses on glassdoor. Wake up and smell the pudding.