Brandwatch Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Brandwatch Reviews

Updated 4 Mar 2020

4.0
Brandwatch CEO Giles Palmer (no image)
Giles Palmer
Pros
  • "Living in Brighton, my work-life balance is excellent(in 18 reviews)

• "In the Brighton office you often start at the same time as a couple of others which is helpful(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Having to go to team meetings in Brighton, but never came to London(in 11 reviews)

• "All in all, compared to other companies with similar success stories, Brandwatch has done a good job at keeping these growing pains to a minimum(in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Challenging, but brilliant for me"

Current Employee - CMO in Brighton, England

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- People & culture - unusually talented and nice groups of humans - Ambition to really do something special - Market leaders - great tech - Lots of people move up, across functions and to new countries in their roles and learn by doing/taking opportunities on, inc to C-suite

Cons

- Management and cultures vary by leader/manager and office - Culture can be a bit entitled/indulgent at times - Pressure, constant change, transparency, ambiguity that come with scaling this kind of company mean you see that this isn't the environment for everyone - some people struggle, some thrive

Brandwatch2019-12-20
  2. "3 months in at Brandwatch"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good interview process - although the interview process was lengthy it gave me a chance to learn more about Brandwatch and see that they don't compromise on their talent selection. Great culture - There is a lot of collaboration working in this fast pace environment. People work together and there is visible recognition/kudos for good performances. Informative induction - a comprehensive induction with a chance to meet various teams and a sit down with IT to get your new Mac and to get set up properly with all systems!

Cons

There seems to be a lot of changes to the business and it has been a little frantic during Q1

Brandwatch2020-03-04

"Sly attitude to force you to leave"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- London office had good vibes from legacy Crimson Hexagon staff - Always catered for and looked after, not as much after the merge - I could WFH and have flexible control over my work

Cons

- They will change your job spec to make you feel you need to leave - Having to go to team meetings in Brighton, but never came to London - The leadership team are a bit arrogant and cocky when it comes to competition. Saying you want to put someone out of business, yet losing so many accounts, big accounts to them is not a good start!

Brandwatch2020-02-04

"Brighton brandwatch"

Current Employee - Brandwatch Employee in Brighton, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Brandwatch is a great company that do a lot for their staff. Not only is the company pushing forward in its industry but the staff culture is too. Although the office is not the modern hub it used to be it remains a nice environment and place to be. Colleagues are nice although there is no community atmosphere. All in all a nice place to work.

Cons

The main con is the hours: 8.30 - 5.30. Whilst this isn’t a lot longer than other work places it does tire the work force. You can see this by the procrastination of staff as they feel the longs days and come Friday the office is slow and empty. A normal 9-5.30 would not only energise the team but hell this of us with kids or a commute. The offices are cold and quiet. I think a refer should be thought about to encourage a stronger work force.

Brandwatch2019-08-13
  5. "One of the best jobs I ever had!!!"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Brighton, England

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved my time here! The culture, the people and the tool really made it an incredible place to work.

Cons

There was not the opportunity to grow or at least not as quickly as I would have expected from a tech company.

Brandwatch2019-07-11

"Back to High School"

Former Employee - Sales in Brighton, England

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great talk when it comes to culture, lovely laptop, really lovely massages, juices and the pay is not bad at all. It's a great product very visually pleasing and very useful insights. Their dev team are second to none, always launching great, Customer led new features

Cons

Cliques all over the place. it's a very uncomfortable place to work. people are fairly closed off, there seems to be this weird pretension around being edgy and cool. If you're not in with the right people life is more difficult. I personally always felt like an outsider. The office is oddly quiet, people will leave their desks to make a call, which isn't too helpful when you're learning and makes for a really weird and seemingly unproductive office space. I joined as the merger was taking place and it was not a good experience, there were a lot of long serving team members chopped, but the merging partner Crimson seemed to have it far worse. No reassurances or direction were given, just a resounding "we don't know what's going on or what's going to happen" which basically says to me that the leaders are not leading. Giles has to be the least inspiring CEO and speaker, almost laughable. He doesn't really give the impression of caring too much about the business anymore. He seems to try and swear a lot in the understanding that this is cool but really it's super awkward. Overall I felt very isolated, not as if I was a part of something.

Brandwatch2019-07-05
  7. "5 years in and, on balance, still really good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time

Pros

Lovely office; good people; challenging and fulfilling workload; flexibility; food; social options.

Cons

Lack of atmosphere when so many people are WFH; hard to attract and retain infrastructure engineers; recent merger, although healthy, has resulted in many staff changes and been unsettling

Brandwatch2019-04-26

"I never should have left."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Brandwatch is a wonderful bubble you don't realise you're in until you leave. It's full of exciting opportunities, and everyone is absolutely on top of their game and striving to be better which in turns encourages you to be the best at what you do. Yes you work hard and smart, but there's no micro management (there simply isn't the time) and you're often empowered to go and run with an idea. everyone has great levels of autonomy. The people are incredible, like a breed you don't find anywhere else and they genuinely care about each other. There's some amazing socials, parties, free fruit, drinks, fooseball, all the things you'd expect to see in a Brighton based start up. In hindsight, I should've looked for opportunity within the business, because they are there, you just need to find them.

Cons

Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the day to day but it's essential you identify that and share any frustrations early on, people will listen. ake it clear early on what your ambitions and goals are. It really is a great place to work.

Brandwatch2019-02-28

"Strong culture, good employer"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Brighton, England

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very supportive team. Good CEO. Genuine enthusiasm in different departments. Good commission for new business people.

Cons

A little difficult being the only remote sales person (at the time).

Brandwatch2018-12-02

"A fun experience I won't forget"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Everyone is really friendly and I felt like I could have an honest conversation with everyone of all levels - There are a lot of fun social activities (christmas parties, after work drinks, free food and drink etc.) - There is a great deal of flexibility in the hours you work (at least in my department) - During the time I worked at the company things vastly changed at the rate that a start up does, so there was always something new to do and help muck in with

Cons

- No career progression: it became very hard to be challenged and come out of your shell. There was very little guidance in terms of where to go next if you have been at the company for several years. - Often the fun social stuff is viewed as compensation instead of getting regular, transparent pay rises. One department differs from the next in terms of how to compensate individuals, it was never very consistent. - A lot of inexperienced people working at the company muddling on through - No women at C-Level, very little diversity in some departments.

Brandwatch2018-08-02