Brandwatch Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Brandwatch Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2019

Found 52 reviews

4.1
Brandwatch CEO Giles Palmer (no image)
Giles Palmer
Pros
  • "Living in Brighton, my work-life balance is excellent(in 17 reviews)

• "In the Brighton office you often start at the same time as a couple of others which is helpful(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "salary is below average in the UK (Brighton is quite expensive)(in 10 reviews)

• "Appalling behaviour from line managers which senior management will ignore(in 6 reviews)

1. "One of the best jobs I ever had!!!"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Brighton, England

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved my time here! The culture, the people and the tool really made it an incredible place to work.

Cons

There was not the opportunity to grow or at least not as quickly as I would have expected from a tech company.

Brandwatch2019-07-11

"Brighton brandwatch"

Current Employee - Brandwatch Employee in Brighton, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Brandwatch is a great company that do a lot for their staff. Not only is the company pushing forward in its industry but the staff culture is too. Although the office is not the modern hub it used to be it remains a nice environment and place to be. Colleagues are nice although there is no community atmosphere. All in all a nice place to work.

Cons

The main con is the hours: 8.30 - 5.30. Whilst this isn’t a lot longer than other work places it does tire the work force. You can see this by the procrastination of staff as they feel the longs days and come Friday the office is slow and empty. A normal 9-5.30 would not only energise the team but hell this of us with kids or a commute. The offices are cold and quiet. I think a refer should be thought about to encourage a stronger work force.

Brandwatch2019-08-13

"Back to High School"

Former Employee - Sales in Brighton, England

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great talk when it comes to culture, lovely laptop, really lovely massages, juices and the pay is not bad at all. It's a great product very visually pleasing and very useful insights. Their dev team are second to none, always launching great, Customer led new features

Cons

Cliques all over the place. it's a very uncomfortable place to work. people are fairly closed off, there seems to be this weird pretension around being edgy and cool. If you're not in with the right people life is more difficult. I personally always felt like an outsider. The office is oddly quiet, people will leave their desks to make a call, which isn't too helpful when you're learning and makes for a really weird and seemingly unproductive office space. I joined as the merger was taking place and it was not a good experience, there were a lot of long serving team members chopped, but the merging partner Crimson seemed to have it far worse. No reassurances or direction were given, just a resounding "we don't know what's going on or what's going to happen" which basically says to me that the leaders are not leading. Giles has to be the least inspiring CEO and speaker, almost laughable. He doesn't really give the impression of caring too much about the business anymore. He seems to try and swear a lot in the understanding that this is cool but really it's super awkward. Overall I felt very isolated, not as if I was a part of something.

Brandwatch2019-07-05
  4. "5 years in and, on balance, still really good"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time

Pros

Lovely office; good people; challenging and fulfilling workload; flexibility; food; social options.

Cons

Lack of atmosphere when so many people are WFH; hard to attract and retain infrastructure engineers; recent merger, although healthy, has resulted in many staff changes and been unsettling

Brandwatch2019-04-26

"I never should have left."

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Brandwatch is a wonderful bubble you don't realise you're in until you leave. It's full of exciting opportunities, and everyone is absolutely on top of their game and striving to be better which in turns encourages you to be the best at what you do. Yes you work hard and smart, but there's no micro management (there simply isn't the time) and you're often empowered to go and run with an idea. everyone has great levels of autonomy. The people are incredible, like a breed you don't find anywhere else and they genuinely care about each other. There's some amazing socials, parties, free fruit, drinks, fooseball, all the things you'd expect to see in a Brighton based start up. In hindsight, I should've looked for opportunity within the business, because they are there, you just need to find them.

Cons

Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the day to day but it's essential you identify that and share any frustrations early on, people will listen. ake it clear early on what your ambitions and goals are. It really is a great place to work.

Brandwatch2019-02-28
  6. "Strong culture, good employer"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Brighton, England

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very supportive team. Good CEO. Genuine enthusiasm in different departments. Good commission for new business people.

Cons

A little difficult being the only remote sales person (at the time).

Brandwatch2018-12-02

"So far so good! A fantastic place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Relaxed working atmosphere - you're given the freedom to work at your desk or around the office. Whatever makes you comfortable as long as the work gets done. - A good balance of food perks - Breakfast is provided. Decent coffee and tea. Snacks and soft drinks. Lunch free once a month and nice pastries on a Friday. Also so much water across the office that we could solve the world's water crisis. - Team vibe is great - The team I've slotted into are seriously nice. They support me if something goes wrong and are really positive when things go right. My immediate manager and his manager are great to work with and I've had regular meetings with both in my first few months just to help me settle in. The nicest thing was that from the first interview everyone was so excited about the role and the possibilities so seeing that translated into value for the team and the company is great. And when I look at other teams they all seem to have the same vibe. There isn't really any suspicion or mistrust between colleagues or teams which is extremely refreshing. - Personal & professional growth - You're allowed and encourage to pursue projects of your choosing if they add value. Shouldering this amount of responsibility is a clever way of pushing oneself out of one's comfort zone and do things that one wouldn't normally do if just coasting along. It helps build you as a person. - IT and infrastructure is on point - The team responsible for maintaining the IT infrastructure that everyone who works at Brandwatch are amazing at their job and they've helped make the company so good at what it does. The teams who maintain the infrastructure on which Brandwatch runs its projects on are at the very top of their game and its amazing to see things evolve as time goes on. - Documentation: Everything is encouraged to be documented either on confluence or google drive. Usually its the case that they're cross linked. At the end of meetings for example its encouraged for people to take snapshots of what was drawn on the whiteboard and this gets shared on Google Drive. - Meetings are short and to the point and always involve everyone which is awesome. - Work/Life balance is great - It is made pointedly clear that you might want to arrive at 08;30, that your work day starts properly at 09:00 and that it ends at 17:30. For someone who has been used to burning the midnight oil on a regular basis in previous jobs this was very refreshing. Also HR and management try to help as best as they can if events outside of work get in the way. Be honest with them and they can help in terms of parental leave and so forth. Its that way of doing things which helps people working at Brandwatch do the things that they do. - New starter experience - From the free welcome pack (I got a tote bag, notepad, water bottle, etc) to bundling you up with other new starters so you all have your first day at the same time; the whole experience in the first two weeks was fantastic. As I commute into Brighton from near SE London my boss suggested that I use accommodation owned by Brandwatch to stay at during my first couple of weeks which helped a lot! You really get made to feel welcome and through that you're likely to buy into the Brandwatch plan. - Summer & Christmas parties - They are great and fit the Brandwatch way which is not crazily over the top but just right. They're always the talk of the company which is a good sign.

Cons

- Pay - c-c-c-combo breaker(er...er.....er.....)! Sadly theres always a little downer and thats the pay. Its always going to be hard to compete with Silicon Roundabout or super-macho Square Mile salaries but I think Brandwatch offer just enough to compensate. So let me be honest: I took a pay cut to join and I haven't regretted it.

Brandwatch2018-07-25

"A fun experience I won't forget"

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Everyone is really friendly and I felt like I could have an honest conversation with everyone of all levels - There are a lot of fun social activities (christmas parties, after work drinks, free food and drink etc.) - There is a great deal of flexibility in the hours you work (at least in my department) - During the time I worked at the company things vastly changed at the rate that a start up does, so there was always something new to do and help muck in with

Cons

- No career progression: it became very hard to be challenged and come out of your shell. There was very little guidance in terms of where to go next if you have been at the company for several years. - Often the fun social stuff is viewed as compensation instead of getting regular, transparent pay rises. One department differs from the next in terms of how to compensate individuals, it was never very consistent. - A lot of inexperienced people working at the company muddling on through - No women at C-Level, very little diversity in some departments.

Brandwatch2018-08-02

"The Bees Knees."

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Trust and freedom to run with your own projects, if you can demonstrate their value. - A lot of good tech to help you get the job done. - Wicked vibes with the right team. - Absolutely ridic summer and christmas parties. - Company-wide kudos and incentivisation platform ('bee-net' or something), meaning you really get rewarded for doing good work. - Fragrance. - Free sushi!

Cons

- On occasion, I found the vibes to be thoroughly harshed. This is unfortunate.

Brandwatch2018-07-18

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Wonderful colleagues Great offices Nice focus on culture in engineering Drive to make things better by senior management

Cons

Consistency between teams could be better. Communication of goals and priorities has got worse in recent years.

Brandwatch2018-06-21