- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Personnel/Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labour & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
- - Northern Ireland
- - Scotland
- - Wales
- - Remote
Found 300 of over 309 reviews
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest first
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Featured ReviewRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Excellent flexibility - within reason you can choose your own hours, location of work etc. - Brilliant diversity and inclusion ethos throughout the business. I’ve come in as someone with a hidden disability and have been supported incredibly by both my immediate colleagues and management. -Roaming Working - I love that I can choose how to manage my diary and where to work to suit my workload and various tasks. They’ve renovated the Tewkesbury office so it is a real pleasure to go there to work and make use of the facilities. The desk and meeting room booking system is innovative and really helpful. - The company regularly looks at how they can make life better for their employees. They are always looking for feedback and despite what other reviews say, I do genuinely believe they use this feedback to shape the culture and benefits of bromford. - Personable and approachable senior leaders. They offer a scheme where you can take our a member of our Leadership 50 team out to shadow you for a day. This is such an excellent scheme and really builds relationships throughout the business. It also shows the senior leaders the type of issues we can face day to day which means they can put things into place to help! - Great social opportunities such as the Bromfest Event held yearly. There’s a real sense of ‘team spirit’ and I’ve met lifelong friends just in the 10 months I’ve been here. -good opportunity for progression. You are encouraged to work on projects that help with career progression and there are so many training courses available to help you learn what you need to do to progress. -fair salary plus £500 per year for health and well-being fund e.g private healthcare or gym membership etc. Good pension. We also get the Rewards portal with lots of discounts for all sorts of places. Not to mention the bonus scheme!! - Diverse and useful training opportunities. You are encouraged to take advantage of the excellent training courses and online learning available to you. This covers not only things that would help with your current role but you can also sign up to training and courses to help with career progression. One of the mandatory sessions is for new starters called ‘this is bromford’. During this session you not only get to meet other new starters, but have the opportunity to spend time with the CEO who really takes his time to get to know everyone. - Generous holiday allowance with the ability to buy more holiday or sell holiday if you wish. -Flexible team leaders who let you get the job done without interfering or trying to micro-manage. They are also incredibly supportive and regularly block book times in their diaries to be available to assist you with anything you need help with (e.g difficult visits or general training). -The transformation project - although people are always a little frightened of change, the new systems will make life so much easier. The training has been brilliant and the communication around the roll out has been good too.
Car parking at the offices is limited which can sometimes be a struggle.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Really great team, helpful colleagues, lots of opportunity and challenge with a fabulous purpose to help more people thrive in a safe, secure warm home they can call their own.
I haven't a negative word to say. My experience has been amazingContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Very flexible, work-life balance WFH embedded in culture Has the financial ability to get things done when needed Good opportunities for training and progression Management that cares from my experience
Flexibility depends on your team and area eg. contact centre are more restricted than field based Corporate focused on customers not enough attention on colleague needs Employee benefits pass on tax liability to colleagues - despite the company having record profits to eat the cost Increasing focus on 'corporatespeak' making 121s and performance reviews a chore rather than a conversationContinue reading
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
1) Flexible working. 2) Good team manager.
Firstly, this company does not put value on their employees. Staff turn over is high, workloads are unmanageable and pay doesn't match the work expected. They are all about targets, so teams do not work effectively together for the customer and do what's right, they do what will ensure they hit their targets for their specific team and what is "policy". You can't get anything done, because teams cannot answer a question in an email, they just come back with information completely irrelevant to what you've asked. You'll find your self chasing people everyday, to be lied to when they haven't done anything with it after weeks of chasing. To add to this, they took my bonus away because I was leaving. Even though i worked many extra FREE hours for the company in evenings, nights and weekends and worked as hard as anyone else in the company. Disgusting attitude and what a way to treat staff, you are just a number here and they'll replace you with some other poor sod. There is also no accountability and you end up picking up duties other teams should be doing daily, when something is overdue because other teams in the business putting no importance resolving complaints it'll come back on you. Overall the experience has left a bitter taste in my mouth in a nutshell. > Commerial, not really "customer first mentality" > No accountability for other teams not doing what is asked and agreed. > Unmanageable workload meaning I had to do many extra hours just to manage my day to day work. > No value put on employees, only 12 month contracts offered, and the "you are just another number" feeling to it. > Removal of a bonus which was announced before I left, and if i had handed in my notice 2 days after the 20/6/22 I'd have still got a bonus. Beyond ridiculous. > Absolutely no time for unskill and additional training without falling behind on workload. > Can get very clicky, and certain teams are "busy" but spend more times on breaks and "having a laugh" than offer appropriate support. > Customer contact not able to do the right thing for the customer because of "targets". Again, not customer focused at all. My own team I can't fault, they are resilient and work hard. Deserve much better.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Flexible working, benefits, team members
Now a very corporate company, cold and starting to feel like micro management.. Higher management are gradually draining away what we loved about housing. It’s now about figures not people.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
flexible working, trusted employees, great working environment
no structure for the team, no pay reviews, get forgotten and left behindContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great team , left to get on with job
Internal communication needs improvement take ownership
Thanks for the review
- Current Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
None worth mentioning on here.
Management are blinded by their own bull. The transformation project is so far behind and over budget, yet they are going to implement it anyway - leaving support staff to deal with all the staff complaints. The management spout their DNA values but everyone knows it's bull manure - actions speak louder than words. If you want a job where stress levels are high and and to be treated as a number, then join Bromford.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Flexible working arrangements. Good company ethics.
Many senior appointments have been poor choices. The company is trying to run before it can walk. Future plans are great but the basics are not right yet. Very difficult to get a promotion from inside and managers do not like to be challenged or informed of the lack of knowledge they have of current systems.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Flexibility Good opportunities if your face fits
Huge disconnect between senior leaders and everyone else. No autonomy afforded to middle management. The business pretends to be all about customers and colleagues thriving but it’s main focus is profit and building more houses.Continue reading
Bromford Reviews FAQs
Bromford has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 309 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at Bromford to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -18% over the last 12 months.
60% of Bromford employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bromford 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.