Bromford Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

4.4

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • There is none it's a great place to work (in 3 reviews)

• Hard work and customers can be rude at times but the majority are lovely (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Awesome!"

I have been working at Bromford full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Inspirational purpose, clear strategy and always surrounded by great people. Great flexibility and trust in you deliver. Really is a great place to work.

Cons

The speed of change with a big agenda to deliver - but all for the right reasons. Big goals ahead but will all be worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep believing in people (which I know they will) - it sets Bromford apart from the rest.

16 May 2018 – Engagement Specialist

You’re our 100th Glassdoor reviewer! Thank you for your positive comments and for highlighting some of this really great stuff for all to see. Wishing you all the best in your Bromford career.

2. "Great place to work !"

I have been working at Bromford full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great colleagues, flexible working, excellent training, innovative, your opinions matter

Cons

Business is large, you must put yourself out there

Advice to Management

Keep doing the same, proud to work here

8 May 2018 – Engagement Specialist

Welcome to Bromford! Thanks for posting your 5 star review and for sharing your comments with everyone here on Glassdoor. Wishing you all the best.

3. "Great but with some tweaks will be Superb!"

I have been working at Bromford full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast pace, high want to do, great energy, forward thinking

Cons

Hold leaders to account, very supportive culture can sometimes stifle accountability and growth in direct reports.

Advice to Management

Keep leaders accountable for delivering results and high performing teams.

3 May 2018 – Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your feedback, we'll make sure that this is shared appropriately. If you haven't done so already, please check out the reviews about our benefits and let us know your views on those... More

4. "Poor Workmanship"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lichfield, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lichfield, England

I worked at Bromford full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Job secure with big company

Cons

As a tradesman you'll be asked to either bodge or pennypinch

16 May 2018 – Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your comments. We're really disappointed to read your review and that you felt this way about your role. We certainly wouldn't want this to be representative of our trades team, in fact... More

5. "Customer Service Advisor"

Current Employee - Customer Services Advisor in Wolverhampton, England
    Current Employee - Customer Services Advisor in Wolverhampton, England

I have been working at Bromford full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Staff are really well looked after and everybody wants to help each other out. You are also actively encouraged to progress and are provided the tools to do so.

Cons

Only downside is the car park :)

9 Apr 2018 – Engagement Specialist

Thanks so much for your 5 star review, great to know that everything is going well in your first year. Regards the car park, we're looking into it, but don't forget we have great links to local... More

6. "Fantastic Place To Work"

I have been working at Bromford full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm 6 months in and can honestly say that moving to Bromford was one of my best decisions. The companies goals and outlook are great and the DNA is lived by everyone from Senior Leaders down throughout the entire company.

Everyone is open and friendly, and my immediate team have been incredibly welcoming and a huge support over the last few months.

I enjoy the work and interacting with my colleagues and most of all am loving my work life balance now. I'm looking forward to what the next 6 months and beyond will bring at Bromford.

Cons

There are none that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

3 May 2018 – Engagement Specialist

It's great to hear your positivity and enthusiasm, thank you. Good to know that you're enjoying your time at Bromford. Make sure you tell your friends and family about us!

7. "Discreet Bullying"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wolverhampton, England

I worked at Bromford full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good personal benefits choices, good pension, flexible working hours

Cons

I felt quietly bullied in to leaving which was really difficult after over 10 years here. I thought I would never leave, but some of the management changed, directors changed and then I don't think I was appreciated.

Some staff are quite nasty about each other behind peoples back and then smile sweetly. Eventually I think I noticed it's full of smiling nasty people.

Sometimes I felt unsafe having to be alone with customers in their houses. This should not be the case.

You should never feel afraid to do you job, but that's how it got me.

Advice to Management

Do not leave new management and Directors unwatched. They can cause chaos and you aren't noticing this!

Remember we all have feelings and we don't want to feel that we can't come to work.

9 May 2018 – Engagement Specialist

This is disappointing, sorry to hear this. We want colleagues to feel that we have a very supportive culture at Bromford and wouldn’t want anyone to feel the way you have described. It would be good... More

8. "Neighbourhood Coach"

Current Employee - Neighbourhood Coach in Cirencester, England

I have been working at Bromford full-time

Pros

Wow, where to start! Very friendly colleagues. 1st day welcome with a lovely balloon and 'new job' card signed by everyone. The training has been fantastic, there's a lot to learn. EVERYONE is so very helpful. Fantastic employees rewards package. Work/life balance is amazing, still something I need to get used to! 3 weeks in, a very positive experience so far :)

Cons

If I had to pick a negative, it would have to be the travelling to various locations around Birmingham/Wolverhampton and Lichfield for training. BUT, this isn't every week, and will only be for a short while during probation. Also, training starts at 10am, this takes the pressure off of worrying about traffic delays.

4 Apr 2018 – Engagement Specialist

Thanks so much for your 5 star review! Sounds like your new role has gotten off to a great start. Glad to hear that you're already taking advantage of some of those colleague benefits - have you left... More

9. "Beware of the false culture!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wolverhampton, England

I worked at Bromford full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working from home, free drinks, good flexible benefits

Cons

After far too long wondering who was about to talk about me behind my back, I had to leave. It was just such a strange, but completely false culture. Maybe my expectations were too high having read previous reviews, or there are several people working there who have basically been brain washed!

You are actively encouraged to be nice and lovely to everyone, and most people are nice and lovely, then they go and do something awful behind your back and make your life miserable by gossiping and being generally nasty.

If your face fits, you've got a job for life. It clearly doesn't matter if you can do the job or not, or if you have any experience in it, only that you know someone who likes you and is able to influence that decision.

If you want to be a consultant at Bromford, this is also no problem. In fact, you could leave and come back as a consultant and earn quadruple what you were earning before and no one will bat an eye lid! In fact, bring your friends too, it's no problem there.

If you love a meeting for the sake of a meeting, and making yourself look really busy when actually you've done nothing and not left the house all week, you can easily do it here and no one will mind.

Advice to Management

Take a good look at your own values. Where is the commercial nature in letting certain Directors squander budgets on bringing their friends in as a Consultant and wasting thousands?

Don't be fooled by those you think are not actually bullying their team members. They probably are, but no one says anything. They are too scared.

Employ some experienced, valuable Directors who can drive your business forward and not waste tax payers money.

3 May 2018 – Engagement Specialist

We are really disappointed by your feedback. Bromford are extremely proud of the culture and how it feels to be a colleague here. If you are happy to do so would you mind contacting us directly - we... More

10. "Reflects what i do"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solihull, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solihull, England

I have been working at Bromford full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Bromford are very flexible and keen to promote a good work/home life balance. Without the flexibility I have had over the 10 years, working full time would have been very tricky. I have been fortunate enough to have excellent line managers how have been very open and happy to have honest conversations, even though sometimes they may have been difficult.
    Bromford offers plenty of opportunity if you want it and equally if you like what you do there is no pressure to change or move.

Cons

All companies have their niggles, however I don't feel I have anything particularly negative to say, my experience has been positive. My only gripe would be salaries are not amazing but the flexiblity does often outway the monetary value.

9 Apr 2018 – Engagement Specialist

Great to know that you've been able to take advantage of flexible working arrangements in your roles and that you've had the support of your line managers. If you could pop into the benefits section... More