Bromford Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bromford CEO Robert Nettleton
Robert Nettleton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "We have lots of changes on the horizon at Bromford which can bring challenges, but we have the right people leading and it's all for the right reasons" (in 3 reviews)

• "No downsides as yet, I'll let you know if that changes" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Neighbourhood Coach"

Current Employee - Neighbourhood Coach
    Current Employee - Neighbourhood Coach

I have been working at Bromford full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working with the Bromford Team. I have met some amazing people, and some of whom have inspired me to be the best I can be. Yes, the wages are good, the extras, pensions and annual leave allowance you get are all important, however the job satisfaction is at the top! So much variety in this role. I have always had brilliant support from my colleagues and management, especially from my new localities manager (YOG). I look forward to what the future holds.

Cons

The "no spoon feeding " is not always helpful. I can see why it's in place but the phrase is misconstrued sometimes and you can waste a lot of time trying to muddle your way through, when someone will already know the answer, they just aren't willing to share and use that phrase. Many hours have been wasted trying to find out answers and NC's value every minute of their day. For many people this could prevent them from wanting to ask for help. NCs decisions and gut feelings should be taken more seriously when it comes to the right homes for the right people. NC's have to chase repairs through the customer Service number and it can take 20-30mins to get through.

Advice to Management

Trust NCs more - they know their patches better than anyone.

7 Dec 2018 – Engagement Specialist

First of all, congratulations on completing your first year with Bromford. Really love the positivity and enthusiasm in your comments, great to read. Interesting points you make about the 'no spoon... More

2. "5 great years at Bromford"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wolverhampton, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wolverhampton, England

I have been working at Bromford full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people - it's the greatest bunch of people to work with
    Flexibility - Bromford supports a flexible working style which really helps with a work/life balance
    Opportunities - Bromford is always growing and changing which creates amazing opportunities for colleagues to learn new skills and progress

Cons

We have lots of changes on the horizon at Bromford which can bring challenges, but we have the right people leading and it's all for the right reasons.

20 Dec 2018 – Engagement Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to post your review here on Glassdoor and great to know that things are well with you and that you're embracing all the changes here at Bromford.

3. "Support worker"

I worked at Bromford full-time

Pros

Job wasn't as advised at interview

Cons

Easy work nice manager nice bunch of work college s

4. "Not all they claim to be!"

I have been working at Bromford full-time

Pros

Pension and annual leave allowance

Cons

They hype up ‘flexible’ working but the only flexible people are the employees. Bromford take everything you give them and offer nothing in the way of flexibilities as requests are usually refused. You are actively discouraged from asking for part time working, compressed hours etc even if you are legally entitled to them. Do not consider this company if you need childcare flexibilities.
    Staff are brainwashed into thinking they are having fun by away days, lunches and ‘fun and games’ in meetings. Most people would rather be spending time doing their job so they can have a better work life balance. The rate of pay is not compensate for the hard work put in that goes unnoticed (unless you are one of the chosen few the managers pal up with)

Advice to Management

Treat all staff equally and stop the favouritism.
    Make your HR policies friendly for parents and carers and above all compliant with the law!

15 Jan 2019 – Engagement Specialist

Bromford are extremely proud of the culture we have here and would want all colleagues to feel that they are happy and getting any support that they need. I’m sorry to read this is not how you feel... More

5. "15 years service - wouldnt want to be anywhere else"

Current Employee - Retirement Living Manager in Wolverhampton, England
    Current Employee - Retirement Living Manager in Wolverhampton, England

I have been working at Bromford full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Love that I work for a company who actually care for there customers and colleagues. Colleague wellbeing is a priority for Bromford.

Cons

Nothing as yet and after 15 years service I doubt I will find anything

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! a great place to work and one which I feel very valued working for

7 Dec 2018 – Engagement Specialist

What a lovely review, thank you so much for the 5 stars. Congratulations on your 15 year anniversary, I hope you had a great day celebrating.

6. "Could do better"

I have been working at Bromford full-time

Pros

Working with some great colleagues and really nice people who I consider friends as appose to work colleagues. Really nice offices and free gym membership is superb! Other benefits if they apply are very good as well.

Cons

Company values do not apply to every department for some reason. For example Flexible working is only in emergency situations for the team of which I work in. Parking is ridiculous and is risking getting cars damaged. No scope to progress within my role and lack of jobs that are suitable.

Advice to Management

The company values and beliefs need to be addressed across all departments as some are not participating.

7 Dec 2018 – Engagement Specialist

It's great to read your comments about your colleagues and how much you value them, as your friends - and good to see you've highlighted the benefits too. Really sorry to hear what you say about... More

7. "Excellent"

I worked at Bromford full-time

Pros

Great colleagues, Great services, Passionate about Coaching

Cons

There are none, its a great organisation to work for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work

21 Nov 2018 – Engagement Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to post a Glassdoor review. Great to know that you enjoyed your time at Bromford. Wishing you all the best for the future.

8. "Bromford Review"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Wolverhampton, England
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Wolverhampton, England

I have been working at Bromford full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great culture, Friendly, Fantastic colleague benefits, Positive, Forward thinking.

Cons

Merger with Merlin has caused uncertainty around jobs

Advice to Management

Communication is key

15 Nov 2018 – Engagement Specialist

Thank you for posting your review and for highlighting what you have here. Lots of positive stuff but appreciate the recent partnership may have caused unrest for some colleagues. Hopefully the... More

9. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Infrastructure Manager in Wolverhampton, England
    Current Employee - Infrastructure Manager in Wolverhampton, England

I have been working at Bromford full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible, Friendly, Innovative and forward thinking. A real client focused delivery model

Cons

None that I have found so far

Advice to Management

Keep on the current track. The transformation going on at Bromford is unique and will really build a true service for the future

5 Nov 2018 – Engagement Specialist

Thanks for your review and for highlighting the value of the transformation programme, there's some really positive stuff going on here right now.

10. "Commercial Property Coordinator"

I have been working at Bromford full-time

Pros

Everyone who works here is friendly and I feel that I get a lot a lot of support for my personal development at Bromford

Cons

Sometimes I don't feel that people are recognised for how much they do for the company

15 Nov 2018 – Engagement Specialist

Glad to hear that you're getting lots of support, especially with your own personal development. We absolutely should be celebrating the great work that colleagues do, perhaps speak to your... More