Bromford Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

4.5

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "There is none it's a great place to work" (in 3 reviews)

• "Hard work and customers can be rude at times but the majority are lovely" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Awesome!"

I have been working at Bromford full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Inspirational purpose, clear strategy and always surrounded by great people. Great flexibility and trust in you deliver. Really is a great place to work.

Cons

The speed of change with a big agenda to deliver - but all for the right reasons. Big goals ahead but will all be worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep believing in people (which I know they will) - it sets Bromford apart from the rest.

16 May 2018 – Engagement Specialist

You’re our 100th Glassdoor reviewer! Thank you for your positive comments and for highlighting some of this really great stuff for all to see. Wishing you all the best in your Bromford career.

2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cirencester, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cirencester, England

I have been working at Bromford full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Fantastic ethos and positive colleagues

Cons

Great deal of change happening so makes some colleagues uneasy

19 Sep 2018 – Engagement Specialist

Thanks so much for your 5 star review. We appreciate there is lots of change at the moment with the partnership and transformation programme well under way, but hope that the communication you've... More

3. "Overall a great place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wolverhampton, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wolverhampton, England

I have been working at Bromford full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive working environment, ever changing & interesting. Great technology available and the company aren't afraid to invest money where needed to improve. Hands on management in many teams who get involved with the people on the ground day to day and who are open to hearing suggestions.

Cons

To ridged pay scales. Don't consider individuals work loads, work ethics or ability its more around this the pay scale for that job. - I think this causes good people to consider leaving for salary progression where they otherwise wouldn't.

14 Sep 2018 – Engagement Specialist

Really great to hear your positive comments about working at Bromford, especially those points about technology and management. Sorry you feel the way you do about pay. In case you're not aware, our... More

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Neighourhood Coach
    Current Employee - Neighourhood Coach

I have been working at Bromford full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's the colleagues that make Bromford a great place to work. The majority of people do what they do for the customers. Things are constantly changing at Bromford but usually for the better

Cons

Sometimes workloads can lead to an even work life balance

Advice to Management

Worry less about which team is paying for the repair and focus on doing the right thing for the customer.

5 Sep 2018 – Engagement Specialist

Many thanks for sharing your views and for highlighting Bromford as a great place to work. Good to know that you're embracing change and see this as a positive thing. Please make sure that you speak... More

5. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Bromford full-time

Pros

Great People, Modern facilities, Interesting and Varied Work, Excellent Staff Benefits.

Cons

Scale of area can mean a lot of travelling from site to site.

Advice to Management

Continue to support the positives and take note of staff suggestions for improvements.

17 Aug 2018 – Engagement Specialist

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your review, glad to hear things are well with you. Which of the colleague benefits are you enjoying most? Be great if you could share some feedback on... More

6. "Bromford Gas Engineer"

Former Employee - Gas Engineer in Cheltenham, England
    Former Employee - Gas Engineer in Cheltenham, England

I worked at Bromford full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good van, full kit provided to do the job.
    Great staff, good support from management.
    Great training,
    Nice and busy.
    Great company to work for very professional.

Cons

The only thing I would change is the work t-shirts they look old and dated not a nice fit or material.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

17 Aug 2018 – Engagement Specialist

This is a really positive review, thank you so much. Glad to hear you enjoyed your time with Bromford - all the very best for the future. Keep in touch.

"Don’t believe the Hype"

Current Employee - Job Coach
    Current Employee - Job Coach

I have been working at Bromford full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Yearly bonus, xmas shutdown, wages.

Cons

This company is big on self promotion, and you will go far as long as you tow the happy clappy, aren’t we magnificent front they put on to the outside world. You must obey this mantra at all times, become the equivalent of a Bromford Stepford Wives Robot. You can look forward to a massive workload that never gets any smaller and although the pay seems great, when you whittle it down to your hourly rate for all those extra hours you put in - it really isn’t.

They talk a good game here about “Work-Life Balance”, in reality that means you balance your life outside of work, so that you can put in multiple extra hours per week. If you complain about the workload, you can expect them to start talking about competency, until they close you down and you think twice about mentioning it ever again.

Front line housing staff can expect to work in increasing isolation, with no real support or back up and should anything go wrong at an address, you can expect to be hauled over many coals until they are sure they have a scape goat if they come in for any external criticism. You literally are responsible for everything and when you’re dealing with vulnerable people, that responsibility weighs very heavily. Don’t expect them to back you if something goes wrong, you’re entirely on your own.

The reviews on here might seem great and isn’t it surprising there are so many of them?. Of course, this has nothing to do with the edict from on high demanding that employees submit a review.

This company is all show, with nothing below. They talk a good and shiny game but in the words of Jessie Jay “it’s all about the Money,Money,Money”. Check out the healthy “surplus” they have sloshing round.

Advice to Management

Social conscience?...... only as long as it generates a surplus eh?

8. "A fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Wolverhampton, England
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Wolverhampton, England

I have been working at Bromford full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice culture
    Lots of benefits
    Flexibility
    Good salary
    A business you can trust

Cons

The car parking can be a bit intimidating

14 Aug 2018 – Engagement Specialist

Thanks so much for your review, really appreciate it. Good to hear your first year is going well.

9. "Amazing organisation"

I have been working at Bromford full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Amazing Benefits and Rewards
    * A supportive team and leader
    * A great pension
    * Lovely working environment
    *Flexible employer and great use of technology

Cons

* The travel to various offices
    *not all leaders are at the same competency level.

8 Aug 2018 – Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your 5 star review and for highlighting some of the key things that matter most to you. If you haven't done so already please pop over to our profile page on Glassdoor and post a review... More

10. "JUst passed Probation!"

Current Employee - Locality Manager in Birmingham, England
    Current Employee - Locality Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Bromford full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work,

1. Great flexibility on the hours we work , with balance between work and home
    2. Senior Leaders really listen to colleagues which is great
    3. Lots of colleagues have been with Bromford for many years as it has grown in size and success, this really struck me as a great measure of how an organisation looks after colleagues, plenty of people I have met in my first 6 months have progressed within Bromford, I haven't seen this done so well in other organizations and is great to see here at Bromford.

Cons

I truly don't have any! :)

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in staff, I feel valued as a colleague and this has made my first 6 months at Bromford pass very quickly, and with enjoyment!

8 Aug 2018 – Engagement Specialist

Many congratulations on passing your probation, time certainly does fly when you're having fun! Thank you for highlighting what you have about some of our long-standing colleagues, it is great to be... More