Ellucian Reviews

3.9
Ellucian President and CEO Laura Ipsen
Laura Ipsen
Pros
Cons
  • "Perhaps needing to be diligent to achieve work/life balance when working from home(in 28 reviews)

• "Just HQ upper management doesnt know the importance of remote offices(in 26 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Engaging"

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoy working with all of the collaborative and engaged people. Not only do they genuinely want the company to succeed but they are also very driven and motivated people that want to develop in their careers.

Cons

I understand that everything is not perfect and yes somedays there are frustrations but overall I really feel it is a great place to work.

2. COVID-19

"Extremely Proud"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England, England

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I am extremely proud of Ellucian and the way we have responded to the pandemic. We have had loads of support from the top level and there has been no pressure to put ourselves at risk. I feel like management really do care about the wellness of our people. We were very well set up for remote working before, but everyone I work with has adjusted and taken this in our stride. It has been business as usual really. Combined with the various support networks and employee resource groups, I believe the company has maintained its status as a top employer.

Cons

There is a lot going on in the company and it feels like we are constantly changing our priorities. It can be difficult to keep up with these changes, but at the same time it is good that we stay agile. The goals we need to aim for can look completely different to those set only 3 months ago.

3. COVID-19

"Best step I ever took"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in London, England, England

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Moving from a long term employer was a huge step. Having taken the plunge it was clearly the right step and Ellucian has lived up to an employer that puts people first. I received fantastic support through the recruitment process, which followed through to onboarding - and most impressively has continued through my time with the company. You are allowed to develop as an individual and as a team - knowing that this will contribute to the success of Ellucian. The level of support through COVID-19 has been exemplary, speaking among friends, family and professional connections few have been better. Working remotely and with flexibility was the default setting pre COVID and has made the transitions easier, with great communication coming from all levels. Safety as an employee (and our families) has been the first priority. Individual managers have been excellent, but this is fostered within a very positive and supporting environment - a great place to be. I feel valued and that my opinion and ideas are also.

Cons

I don't have any cons to mention.

4. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Milton Keynes, England, England

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I really enjoy working for Ellucian, i have been working there almost 4 years now and one of the unique things about Ellucian is that the people are great. The culture and the environment whether you re office based or remote is very welcoming and extremely supportive. There will be many people offering new starters help and support to get them up to speed. One other benefit is the flexibility you get to support your family needs is great ..

Cons

No Cons for me .. there are days where you get the normal job frustrations but one thing for sure is that I feel very supported and was able to work through any challenges i had

"People First"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Milton Keynes, England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Ellucian part-time

Pros

Good pay and people first

Cons

Very stressful, too many managers

6. "Enjoying the challenge to drive change"

5.0
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Milton Keynes, England, England

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Empowerment to own my job. Support and clarity from leadership team. Flexibility and great benefits

Cons

Honestly this is difficult for me, of course there are times you are never 100% happy with little parts of your day. But for me, I have not experienced anything that would cause me concern.... yes there are disagreements, challenges and difficult tasks, but in my experience I have always been treated with respect and understanding.

"Ellucian UK Employee"

Current Employee - Functional Consultant

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have previously held jobs in both the Public and Private sectors and for the last while (less than 1.5 years) I have been working for Ellucian. In that time, I have been promoted and given multiple opportunities to extend myself. I find that I am constantly challenged but also well rewarded. I travel frequently within the UK and have also had the opportunity to travel internationally. The company is dynamic, well entrenched in the sector and manages to be both Global and Local at the same. I work with a great group of diverse but likeminded individuals. Everyone has their own drive to perform, but each is collectively focused on helping the business and our clients to succeed.

Cons

If you are unprepared for it, the demands of travelling can be a bit of a drag. However, you get into a groove and make the best of it that you can.

Continue reading

"Warm, friendly and exciting place to work. Great level of investment and growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ellucian are backed by great owners TPG who are investing heavily in the business in developing the software, hiring and investing in existing staff and hiring new people across the business in Marketing, Sales, HR, Presales, Professional Services etc There are lots of new people and a lot of people who have worked here a long time. Most people stay a long time because they are passionate about the business we are in - Higher Education. It's a competitive market but we are seeing great results and success. Perks of the job include flexibility in being able to work from home. Autonomy to get on with my job and being empowered to make decisions with support when I need it. I get to travel loads and can usually work that around times that suit me as well as the company.

Cons

Non really. I guess as a leader a lot of my team have worked here a long time which is mainly a good thing but sometimes means they are a bit set in their ways. Having said the culture is open and honest and people are receptive to change.

Continue reading

"Good reviews are incentivized"

1.0

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some sound people but not at the top. Salary at certain levels is ok. Others have been there decades and dont get appropriate remuneration.

Cons

Culture is appalling. Take the positive reviews with a pinch of salt. They drain every ounce of self belief out of their staff and bully the ones that dont fit in until they leave. Staff like me are just treading water because we have families to support. It isnt worth selling your soul to the Ellucian devil.

Continue reading

"Thank you for a great experience."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

I worked at Ellucian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ellucian offered me the opportunity to travel. Whilst with the company I got to visit the USA, Spain and Ireland which I loved. My colleagues there were all lovely, passionate and hardworking. Well most, there was one individual that I recall as being quite negative during my time there but she was only a part time office administrator so did not impact my role. I mostly worked from home and enjoyed the relationships that I did have.

Cons

My role was a very busy one and the team ran very lean. Due to a change in my personal circumstances I made the decision to leave. The travel and level of work was no longer suiting my lifestyle.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 783 Reviews