Ellucian Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.6
Ellucian President and CEO Laura Ipsen
Laura Ipsen
Pros
Cons
  • "Still growing into the cloud space(in 26 reviews)

• "The volume of work can make keeping a healthy work-life balance in place(in 25 reviews)

1. "Enjoying the challenge to drive change"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Empowerment to own my job. Support and clarity from leadership team. Flexibility and great benefits

Cons

Honestly this is difficult for me, of course there are times you are never 100% happy with little parts of your day. But for me, I have not experienced anything that would cause me concern.... yes there are disagreements, challenges and difficult tasks, but in my experience I have always been treated with respect and understanding.

Ellucian2020-01-07

"Good reviews are incentivized"

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some sound people but not at the top. Salary at certain levels is ok. Others have been there decades and dont get appropriate remuneration.

Cons

Culture is appalling. Take the positive reviews with a pinch of salt. They drain every ounce of self belief out of their staff and bully the ones that dont fit in until they leave. Staff like me are just treading water because we have families to support. It isnt worth selling your soul to the Ellucian devil.

Advice to Management

Stop kidding yourselves

Ellucian2018-08-30

"Ellucian UK Employee"

Current Employee - Functional Consultant

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have previously held jobs in both the Public and Private sectors and for the last while (less than 1.5 years) I have been working for Ellucian. In that time, I have been promoted and given multiple opportunities to extend myself. I find that I am constantly challenged but also well rewarded. I travel frequently within the UK and have also had the opportunity to travel internationally. The company is dynamic, well entrenched in the sector and manages to be both Global and Local at the same. I work with a great group of diverse but likeminded individuals. Everyone has their own drive to perform, but each is collectively focused on helping the business and our clients to succeed.

Cons

If you are unprepared for it, the demands of travelling can be a bit of a drag. However, you get into a groove and make the best of it that you can.

Advice to Management

We all accept the need to work hard and enjoy a challenge. But, the time it takes to simply get from A to B should not be overlooked. As an observation after having visited offices in the USA. Whilst perfectly pleasant, it would be great if the UK location could benefit from some of the same attention. However, all in all I believe things are definitely going in the right direction!

Ellucian2018-05-11

"Warm, friendly and exciting place to work. Great level of investment and growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ellucian are backed by great owners TPG who are investing heavily in the business in developing the software, hiring and investing in existing staff and hiring new people across the business in Marketing, Sales, HR, Presales, Professional Services etc There are lots of new people and a lot of people who have worked here a long time. Most people stay a long time because they are passionate about the business we are in - Higher Education. It's a competitive market but we are seeing great results and success. Perks of the job include flexibility in being able to work from home. Autonomy to get on with my job and being empowered to make decisions with support when I need it. I get to travel loads and can usually work that around times that suit me as well as the company.

Cons

Non really. I guess as a leader a lot of my team have worked here a long time which is mainly a good thing but sometimes means they are a bit set in their ways. Having said the culture is open and honest and people are receptive to change.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Great new CEO Laura Lipson

Ellucian2018-05-09

"No work life balance, no respect, horrible employer"

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Salary, some colleagues, home working

Cons

No work life balance as it is a global company that expects you to work when they need, not when you are contracted, so 70-80 hour weeks instead of the 37.5 on the contract. Added to this they don’t have enough staff so the need is constant. I get over 100 emails a day whilst also on back-to-back meetings for 8 hours. The execs rarely listen or treat you with respect. R&D for Banner is particularly bad. PS works on the American model so you do 70 hour weeks normally. CS don’t get listened to, customers don’t get listened to. They talk the talk of wanting to be a good company to work for, but a few execs spoil it for the rest.

Advice to Management

Listen to you customers and staff and improve the execs to be positive leaders instead of staff detractors.

Ellucian2018-06-09

"Thank you for a great experience."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Ellucian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ellucian offered me the opportunity to travel. Whilst with the company I got to visit the USA, Spain and Ireland which I loved. My colleagues there were all lovely, passionate and hardworking. Well most, there was one individual that I recall as being quite negative during my time there but she was only a part time office administrator so did not impact my role. I mostly worked from home and enjoyed the relationships that I did have.

Cons

My role was a very busy one and the team ran very lean. Due to a change in my personal circumstances I made the decision to leave. The travel and level of work was no longer suiting my lifestyle.

Advice to Management

The new CEO has a great vision for the company, listen to her ideas and take them onboard and you will continue to do well.

Ellucian2018-05-02

"Fearful for staff well being"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A few staff members who offer support or at least a sympathetic ear when you have to deal with the disgusting and backstabbing nature of many of the senior members of staff.

Cons

The number of staff that have had to leave this company because they were treated so terribly is appalling. The person employed in all the instances that I know of were extremely capable and valued members of the team that were bullied, humiliated and made to feel worthless. There is a continuing pattern in the EMEA region specifically and HR do nothing about the people responsible for this damaging behavior. Actually, they promote them instead! There is a shocking culture of just ignoring the issues or worst, they blame the victim and make out that the roles are too stressful and the person was not up to it. Absolute nonsense! I am ashamed to be associated with such an organisation and sincerely do not know how HR sleep at night, knowing full well what goes on. Ellucian is damaging to your health and well being.

Advice to Management

Your staff deserve better! Any future employees deserve better. Stop making the same mistakes and ignoring the people who are actually to blame for such a high staff turnover. This isn't acceptable or ethical.

Ellucian2018-04-25

"Toxic, Unsupportive, Soul Destroying"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Ellucian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A small number of wonderful people who struggle through the politics, despite not being valued or appreciated.

Cons

Everything else! The senior management have no idea what is truly going on around the world. They preach values that middle management don't employ. They overlook and protect bullies and then make lower positioned people feel worthless. The pressure that is placed on staff to go above and beyond is far more than any other company would even dream of expecting and is unrealistic. It's not a culture that you can grown, be yourself or show initiative. It's do as they demand or face the consequences. Pay scale is totally unfair and depends in who you are not what you do. They only value a handful of people and if you are not one of them then life will be very difficult.

Advice to Management

Your values are not employed further down the business. Don't believe everything you are told from the people you seem to listen to. You're not getting the most from people that want to achieve the same goals because they are being treated appaulingly.

Ellucian2017-05-19

"Ellucian is an innovative and exciting place to work."

Senior Recruiter in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at Ellucian

Pros

Great culture, friendly teams, great benefits, employee development, relaxed working environment, flexible working and lots of positive happy people :)

Cons

None to report at all

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing :)

Ellucian2015-10-01
  10. "Decent Job"

Current Employee - IT Technician

I have been working at Ellucian part-time

Pros

they pay money to me

Cons

they could pay more money

Ellucian2020-01-17