Eventbrite Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.3
Eventbrite CEO Julia Hartz
Julia Hartz
Pros
Cons
  • "Growing pains associated with a scaling company: some disorganization at the senior level can give individual contributors whiplash and cause burnout(in 15 reviews)

• "There are a lot of changes as expected with a growing company, but sometimes I feel the communication could be better(in 11 reviews)

1. "Amazing people, amazing workplace!"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

It is a super friendly and collaborative workplace- everyone is ready to help at any time. Also, the leaders are very approachable and always open to suggestions, new ideas and processes. It's a company with a lot of potential, I really like the mission and the work-life balance!

Cons

I cannot think of any cons, it is truly an incredible place to work!

Eventbrite2019-11-05

"Fantastic Place to Work"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good office culture, supportive management, great product, accommodating hours, friendly co-workers.

Cons

Longer hours than ideal for commuters, but not a huge problem.

Eventbrite2019-07-02
  3. "I love working here!"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

People, the opportunity, leadership, autonomy to get on with your job

Cons

Big goals can be daunting

Eventbrite2019-04-02

"Fab Place to Work - would highly recommend!"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

Fab working environment full of intelligent, creative and hard working people. Great benefits and lots of opportunities to foster new initiatives and progress your career. Would recommend Eventbrite to anyone!

Cons

Nothing that constitutes a 'con'!

Eventbrite2018-07-02

"Excellent Organisation - Excellent Team"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Superb benefits and a great team to work with. The London office has some very smart and talented people working here. The management team allows us the freedom to do our jobs well and supports where it is needed. This leads to a far better atmosphere than in many of my previous workplaces.

Cons

Being a US company, it sometimes feels that the UK has to fight a little harder to explain that the needs of the business might be different here.

Advice to Management

Keep trusting the teams to do their jobs. This has led to success and created a great work environment.

Eventbrite2018-05-30

"Big opportunity, talented people"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

Passionate and talented team, high achieving, fast paced and exciting place to work, opportunity for growth and movement within company, good benefits, working with a product that is genuinely fantastic, and loved by a lot of event organisers.

Cons

Unique place to work (lots of little nuances), which you need to adapt to, and can sometimes be difficult. Pressure can be on the high side.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your staff, and recognising how much effort and dedication goes into their work.

Eventbrite2018-06-01

"London office - 5 stars"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Number one reason this is the best place I have worked is because this office has some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of working with - collaborative, hardworking, sociable and passionate. The leadership team are supportive and truly invested in our success. The right team is in place and this shows through the amazing results and growth we have had in the last year.

Cons

We do still have to be a bit scrappy to make things work for us locally, but I kind of like that.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, it’s working. Don’t change the core values.

Eventbrite2018-02-17

"event manager"

Event Manager in London, England

I have been working at Eventbrite

Pros

personal growth and promotion opportunities , excellent working environment

Cons

busy and demanding environment , lots of responsibilities

Advice to Management

they could have a better managerial style in terms of the selection criteria of employees.

Eventbrite2017-04-05

"No longer the place it was"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good office location free lunch, and some great benefits. However there is still no pension plan for UK employees. Some good staff Great potential if they had stronger leadership

Cons

The company is dominated by a sales culture that is driven by targets, and lead by a management team who have a blame culture. They are quick to sack staff rather than taking responsibility for their own incompetencies as managers. The US office often make decisions on behalf of the international teams without consultation and without any knowledge of the international markets and their business needs. There is a... lack of experienced leadership in the UK and a complete lack of understanding of the market they are trying to move in to. The culture has been on the decline in the last 2 years and much of the talent in the UK and US has moved on. The huge turnover of staff is something that I have never experienced before.

Advice to Management

You need stronger leadership in the offices outside of the US. You should invest more in your staff and ensure you have experienced managers and leaders that provide support to their staff, and coach their teams to success. HR in the satellite offices is a must.

Eventbrite2017-02-22

"Past it's best"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Eventbrite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Eventbrite employs some incredibly talented people who work very hard & (used to) have a lot of fun doing it. I have seen more brand / employee loyalty and emotion attached to this place than anywhere I've worked - to me this is a sign of truly great culture. When times were good they were really good, but when they were bad.... (I'll get to this later) You get free lunch!

Cons

Eventbrite masquerades as a "startup" when really they have been running for 11 years but still haven't sorted out some very basic business processes (like employing local HR, ensuring people get paid the right salary/commission, actually reaching profitability etc etc). Although Eventbrite celebrates & boasts of it's "startup culture" it no longer exists. In reality management want everyone to behave like they are... in a big, musty old corporate machine with no diversity, no freedom / trust / autonomy, a very slow pace of change, an extremely hierarchical structure and a general "do as I say not as I do" attitude. This is a shame and a waste of the talent & loyalty of the staff that built and stuck with it over the last crucial 3-5 years or so. It's no wonder the last 12 months have seen a mass exodus of key staff members from all departments in every country Eventbrite operates. This is a business that's lost it's direction and lost it's soul.

Advice to Management

Trust and listen to your staff. You hired them, now give them the autonomy to do their jobs without micromanagement. Take international teams more seriously. Take the time to understand them and think of them first, not last, if global expansion is truly your goal. Care more for your employees, don't make them feel dispensable (even if you think they are it will cost you more to have to keep hiring & training new... people than make the people you have feel valued). Value diversity - cookie-cutter teams have a short shelf life and won't learn & grow from each other. Give people clear paths & opportunity for progression - don't promise promotions every quarter that will never arrive

Eventbrite2017-02-21