GoDaddy Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.4
GoDaddy CEO Aman Bhutani
Aman Bhutani
Pros
Cons
  • "If you are looking to join a sales call center - no tech experience needed(in 64 reviews)

• "Can be stuck on a bad shift for long periods of time, upper management is frequently making changes without thinking them through(in 37 reviews)

"Great Values - Awesome Team - Fantastic Learning Environment + Development"

Former Employee - Assistant Accountant in Hayes, England

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Godaddy is like a big family, since I joined I felt part of it. Helpful people everywhere since day 1. - Supported my development at all times. - Senior management door always open if you have any question or you need help on anything (even if they might incur in overtime to finish their own tasks). - Great atmosphere at work, flexibility around office hours, working from home if needed. - There is a pool... table and computer games if you need a break, team activities almost every month and massages once a month (yes, massages!). I would definitely recommend this company.

Cons

I would love to say any CON but I cannot. I have been working in finance over a year and I had to leave the company due to personal reasons but since I started my working life, is the best company I have worked for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and the great atmosphere.

GoDaddy2018-07-23
  2. "Great job but leaving to England"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people great money hard work and have to learn new skills perfect

Cons

Breaks Between calls from clients. You work your but off then after big money sale/helping a client/customer straight at it. Availability at times needs restructured it’s affecting the entire business

Advice to Management

Silly as it seems but 2 extra 10 mins to get the mind reset be perfect tbh not much but the mind needs to reset itself after 1hour call or even 15 min awkward client

GoDaddy2019-10-26

"Getting worse"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

These are becoming insignificant because the current senior management is so poor

Cons

One of the Senior Leadership Team sets the worst possible example. Never in the office until well after 9.30 and leaves at 4.30. Spends half the day outside vaping, I've seen him asleep on his office sofa (as has half the site) and leaves around 4.30. When us staff work so hard, this is a kick a in the teeth and then he struts around like he own's the place that he seems to know nothing about. However, when we have... site visitors he's here at all hours, that is the only time. As soon as they disappear, so does he. Recently we had our commission structure changed so significantly that it has altered our quality of living. How was this announced???? It wasn't, I found out when I got my wage packet whilst Senior Management were too scared to communicate and hid in their office. Disgusting treatment of staff.

Advice to Management

Cakes and a shiny office are not what is needed for a great place to work. My biggest suggestion would be for the Execs from the States and Europe to visit regularly but unannounced to see what's truly going off because as soon as a visit is announced the Directors run around like a headless chicken trying to learn what's actually happening and find excuses for all that they have failed to deliver on.

GoDaddy2019-10-16
  4. "Great place was 123-reg left just before the merge."

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Nottingham, England

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone on the team was super friendly and it seems like your really part of something. It's good pay Management genuinely act like they care about you

Cons

I wasn't correctly informed the role was also a sales role so I couldn't stick with the job

GoDaddy2019-08-14
  5. "Dishonest Untrustworthy"

Current Employee - Sales in Nottingham, England

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

it used to be good

Cons

Your jobs not safe. The new bloke in charge of Nottingham is clueless. Says he wants one thing and then it’s a mistake so he has to change it, then lies to cover up his mess. Targets not realistic and they sack lots of people

Advice to Management

Stop pretending to care about us and get rid of the Site Manager - he doesn’t have a clue and is not honest. Everyone here is unhappy

GoDaddy2019-08-23
  6. "Okay if you don’t care about your career"

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Agent in Nottingham, England

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

No evenings or weekends, social/fun events

Cons

No consistent coaching, training support, if there’s any areas you’d like to improve on then team leaders simply don’t have time/ don’t care. if you want to progress within a company then this is not the right place. And if you want to make good commissions then it’s amost impossible unless you sell adwords or websites which is difficult to do. Very boring and repetitive, expected to achieve unrealistic targets,... with very little customer data sets, that are out of date. Always technical issues with the telephone dialler system. Gone very corporate and your just a number. They hide all the issues with pizza/food/ donuts/ social events to keep employees satisfied.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff, especially the long term loyal ones.

GoDaddy2019-03-26
  7. "no progression"

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

great work environment and a fun office

Cons

no opportunity to progress

Advice to Management

value staff and encourage growth rather than continuously replacing people in lower roles

GoDaddy2019-02-01

"Fake Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hayes, England

I worked at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

There are a few people who worked there when I did who were very helpful and always willing to support co-workers with any issues.

Cons

Unfortunately some of those in higher positions in Finance were not professional and there is nothing I would disagree with on the review titled "UK Finance - be warned" on 18 July 2018. Sadly this behaviour is highlighted more in the obviously fake review left via cetain person(s) in finance management filtered through a very junior finance team member's vocabulary in the "review" posted on 23/07/2018 as a... direct response (even formatted exactly the same) as the review on 18/07/2018. Titled "Great Values - Awesome Team - Fantastic Learning Environment + Development" it wasn't even a very good attempt by them to appear real as 1) Even the most positive job experience will leave you with areas that you believe can be improved. 2) It is a blend of those two particular peoples communication styles. 3) "Senior management door always open if you have any question or you need help on anything (even if they might incur in overtime to finish their own tasks)" is an obvious response from someone who has suffered a hit to their ego and just had to respond. 4) The part about massages "(yes,massages!)" just reeks of management trying to be "cool" and pretending they care.

Advice to Management

Sadly the management in the US is not having to deal with these issues on a day to day basis so short of something disastrous happening there will be no change. However finance needs to be shook up and competent management at the helm would do wonders. It would also cut down on the man hours wasted on the many aborted projects that current management thought up on a whim.

GoDaddy2019-02-09
  9. "Decent but little progression"

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere and good work life balance

Cons

Low progression potential for technical roles

GoDaddy2018-12-18
  10. "online expert"

I worked at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

great people, has a ping pong table, food is cheap. good pay, fun

Cons

management and communication very little progression or training or help target is unlreaistic and they move target if you hit it.

Advice to Management

listen to employees and improve communication between management, reevaluate targets

GoDaddy2018-10-26