Hotjar Reviews

228 Comments

Tech

84.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Hotjar~1494810
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0

Believe the hype

Aug 20, 2021 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Work on an industry-leading product that customers really love - Incredible perks - Brilliant approach to work/life balance - Bootstrapped no investors calling the shots - Career plans that actually help you grow - Fulfilling work with wonderful teammates

Cons

It's not uncommon for new starters to feel a bit of imposter syndrome. Hotjar is packed with super-intelligent people, and this can be a little intimidating, but that soon passes.

3 people found this review helpful

Hotjar Response

What a wonderful review to read! Thank you! I dealt with my own fair share of imposter syndrome when joining Hotjar. I'd love to talk about your experience, please feel free to reach out via slack or email. Emma Atkins - Director of People @ Hotjar

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A company that truly cares about people.

Jul 6, 2021 - Senior Brand editor in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

• Everyone here is smart, passionate, and kind. • The compensation and perks are amazing. • There's a consistent drive towards excellence. • I've never known anywhere that cares so much about its values, its people, and work-life balance.

Cons

• It can take a while to get used to the radically candid nature of feedback here.

2 people found this review helpful

Hotjar Response

Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased to hear that you feel we really care, because we do :) On the point about feedback, we're planning work to improve our skills around feedback culture over the coming year, and I'll make sure to include some more support on this during onboarding. Thank you for this feedback, it's very helpful!

3. 5.0

A Wonderful Company To Work For

May 11, 2021 - Operations Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hotjar cares deeply about their staff and they demonstrate this care in tangible ways. I have a very supportive work environment with team members committed to excellence and invested in my growth.

Cons

My friends and family wanting me to stop talking about how great my company is.

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best company I have worked for by far

Nov 14, 2019 - Paid Marketing Specialist in York, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Rigorous recruitment process to ensure you are the right fit for the role and the role is right for you too Transparency Honesty Friendliness Lots of opportunity for personal development People who genuinely care and want to see you succeed People who listen and take feedback on board Regular 1:1s with your lead Trust Remote working Work the hours you are at your best

Cons

As long as you can manage your working time, ensuring you don't over-work yourself (which is a risk when working remote) there are no cons for me.

7 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A great company that listens to and implements feedback

Oct 15, 2018 - Full Stack Developer in Newcastle, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hotjar really listen to feedback and implement it to improve the company. This isn't just the leadership either; it genuinely feels like everyone in the company will take suggestions on board and see how we can make the company better for our customers and the rest of the team. The company puts a lot of effort into supporting working remotely. Because working remotely is a core part of who we are, Hotjar doesn't reduce pay or other perks. I talk to my colleagues more as a remote worker than I ever did while working in an office!

Cons

While having the freedom to sort your own expenses is good, the process for tracking it takes some getting used to at first. You'll definitely need to put it in your calendar as a weekly process!

5 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best job and company ever

Oct 4, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people make the difference in any job. Everyone works hard and the company encourages us to take down time with generous vacation time and bonuses throughout the year. Lots of opportunity to grow and take on more responsibility.

Cons

A bit understaffed currently but only due to massive growth and the hiring teams are actively hiring. The long recruitment process means that people stay once hired and that they are much better fit than a quick hire.

7 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Vibrant, Progressive, and Fun Workplace

Dec 20, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's a ton...100% remote workplace. Hotjar does not care where you work. The management team realizes people work best when they are trusted, empowered and comfortable. There's also some amazing perks like 40 days of paid leave a year, a home office budget, company retreats and more. My co-workers are wicked smart and our product is amazing. It's an amazing place to work.

Cons

Because we're 100% remote it can sometimes be hard to get in contact with the person you're trying to connect with when you're trying to connect with them. They could be on the other side of the world. We've got the tools in place to facilitate this but it takes some getting used to.

12 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best company to work for

Dec 19, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hotjar have an incredibly refreshing approach to how they treat their employees - they don't just say they're going to treat us well, they demonstrably act on it. As well as the freedom and flexibility of being a fully remote company, and an insanly great benefits package, the culture at Hotjar is one of growth, support, and fun. Us developing and improving as employees can only ever be a good thing for the company, and it's great to see an employer put that in action through constant encouragement to keep learning all the time.

Cons

I haven't yet found anything negative I'd be able to say about Hotjar.

5 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

There isn't a catch, it's a truly awesome company

Nov 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great payment model (based on London job market) with amazing benefits. Designed around being a fully remote company, so the processes actually facilitate this. Great colleagues who really care. There doesn't seem to be anyone "coasting," instead most people are passionate about their work and happy to help each other. Emphasis from leadership on work-life balance; encouraged not to work beyond 40 hours. Hotjar is actually true to its core values

Cons

The interview process is thorough and takes several weeks to a month.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

VP of Marketing

Oct 7, 2021 - VP of Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

A fast growing tech company with an incredible culture. Hotjar is one of those rare companies that knows that happy, healthy and motivated employees and superb financial performance go hand in hand - you dont have to trade off one to get the other.

Cons

Its very difficult to think of any disadvantages

Be the first to find this review helpful