Hotjar Reviews

1. 5.0

A Wonderful Company To Work For

11 May 2021 - Operations Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hotjar cares deeply about their staff and they demonstrate this care in tangible ways. I have a very supportive work environment with team members committed to excellence and invested in my growth.

Cons

My friends and family wanting me to stop talking about how great my company is.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best company I have worked for by far

14 Nov 2019 - Paid Marketing Specialist in York, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Rigorous recruitment process to ensure you are the right fit for the role and the role is right for you too Transparency Honesty Friendliness Lots of opportunity for personal development People who genuinely care and want to see you succeed People who listen and take feedback on board Regular 1:1s with your lead Trust Remote working Work the hours you are at your best

Cons

As long as you can manage your working time, ensuring you don't over-work yourself (which is a risk when working remote) there are no cons for me.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A great company that listens to and implements feedback

15 Oct 2018 - Full Stack Developer in Newcastle, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hotjar really listen to feedback and implement it to improve the company. This isn't just the leadership either; it genuinely feels like everyone in the company will take suggestions on board and see how we can make the company better for our customers and the rest of the team. The company puts a lot of effort into supporting working remotely. Because working remotely is a core part of who we are, Hotjar doesn't reduce pay or other perks. I talk to my colleagues more as a remote worker than I ever did while working in an office!

Cons

While having the freedom to sort your own expenses is good, the process for tracking it takes some getting used to at first. You'll definitely need to put it in your calendar as a weekly process!

4. 5.0

Vibrant, Progressive, and Fun Workplace

20 Dec 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's a ton...100% remote workplace. Hotjar does not care where you work. The management team realizes people work best when they are trusted, empowered and comfortable. There's also some amazing perks like 40 days of paid leave a year, a home office budget, company retreats and more. My co-workers are wicked smart and our product is amazing. It's an amazing place to work.

Cons

Because we're 100% remote it can sometimes be hard to get in contact with the person you're trying to connect with when you're trying to connect with them. They could be on the other side of the world. We've got the tools in place to facilitate this but it takes some getting used to.

12 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best company to work for

19 Dec 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hotjar have an incredibly refreshing approach to how they treat their employees - they don't just say they're going to treat us well, they demonstrably act on it. As well as the freedom and flexibility of being a fully remote company, and an insanly great benefits package, the culture at Hotjar is one of growth, support, and fun. Us developing and improving as employees can only ever be a good thing for the company, and it's great to see an employer put that in action through constant encouragement to keep learning all the time.

Cons

I haven't yet found anything negative I'd be able to say about Hotjar.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best job and company ever

4 Oct 2017 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people make the difference in any job. Everyone works hard and the company encourages us to take down time with generous vacation time and bonuses throughout the year. Lots of opportunity to grow and take on more responsibility.

Cons

A bit understaffed currently but only due to massive growth and the hiring teams are actively hiring. The long recruitment process means that people stay once hired and that they are much better fit than a quick hire.

7 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Great place to be

28 Jan 2021 - Software Engineer in Poznań, Greater Poland, Greater Poland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Uncommon transparency in every aspect Strong focus on career growth and self-development Unique professional challenges Great team of smart and open-minded people Unbelievable perks

Cons

Cannot say to be honest. After 9 months here I consider it as the best job I had so far. Doubts will come later I guess :) One downside may be a bit stale Angular 1.x codebase (significant part of the whole). Good thing here is that everyone sees value in improving things and many efforts are driven towards that goal.

8. 5.0

Believe The Hype

19 Jan 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hotjar is a company that truly lives up to its positive reviews. The core values are not just words but are standards the company consistently holds itself to. The executive team is thoughtful in its decision making and hyper transparent. All employees are treated with respect and are encouraged to ask any questions. Overall it is an amazing group of intelligent, fun, focused individuals that all contribute to a solid team culture!

Cons

The company is 100% remote, so for those that do not like to work in a distributed environment it will be a challenge.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Remote heaven, great team.

15 Jan 2021 - Senior Marketing Operations Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mature company, with lots of focus on employee wellbeing and very literate on remote working. Lots of solutions and well thought ideas to bring us closer and keep communication flowing. Work is challenging and great, and the product is ever evolving and improving. Great focus on customers. First company I see with this real application of their values.

Cons

Maybe, the worst for me was the first days since I had never worked remote. But by the second week when the onboarding was finished, already felt like a pro at this.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not the best in terms of Compensation

6 Aug 2020 - Devops Engineer in Stockholm, Stockholm, Stockholm
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home. Vacation. Good for someone early in their career. Someone who is a seasoned individual can make way more and also get insurance from his/her employer at a different place. This place is a typical European body shop. You work hard but don't get paid on the same level. They will give you holidays thats it. If that works for you then go for it. If not look for other companies that have better products and can way way more(40-50+) than 100K.

Cons

Salary is much lower than what other companies are willing to pay candidates. In the DevOps arena they can't compete with other similar remote work places that pay way more than then 90K Euros. In my opinion that is very low. For someone in the US that is a very low salary. The concept won't go too far and there are many competitors in this market who have engineered a much better product than these egoistic fools. They need to open their windows and look outside. The business model has no growth besides figuring out what a user is doing on ur website. There are other sites out then that can do way better and for cheaper.

3 people found this review helpful

Hotjar Response

VP of Operations

Hotjar greatly values the feedback we receive from candidates but unfortunately, we find many of the things you’ve written to be incorrect and false (also we’ve also never had a DevOps engineer leave the company and we’ve never had one employed in Sweden which further highlights that this submission is not genuine). At Hotjar one of our core values is to Build Trust with Transparency and building trust with interested applicants is extremely important to us. Because of this, it is probably best to refer interested parties to publicly available and indexed information that we publish about our compensation, perks, and culture (all of which we regularly receive positive feedback on). Please have a read. If anyone has additional questions please reach out to us at recruitment@hotjar.com. We’d love to hear from you! Our Approach to Compensation - https://hotjar.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/REC/pages/269942975/Recruitment+FAQs#What-is-Hotjar's-approach-to-Compensation%3F Our Perks - https://hotjar.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/REC/pages/158105691/Our+Perks Our Core Values - https://hotjar.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/REC/pages/269942884/Hotjar+Core+Values P.S. We're profitable, growing, and hiring. Please check out our open roles at: https://careers.hotjar.com/

Viewing 1 - 10 of 30 Reviews