Hotjar Reviews

62 Comments

Tech

284.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Hotjar~1494810
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Hotjar is best remote workplace now.

Jun 18, 2022 - Data Analyst in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomy Working with respect Ultra talented teammates to learn from

Cons

Might feel siloed Work can sometimes feel too fast

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A truly people-first company!

Mar 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Hotjar really is people-first! Team leads and the exec team really care about team members and do their best to ensure their wellbeing - Your opinion is valued and the exec team and leads will listen to feedback, which makes you feel comfortable - Everyone at Hotjar lives by the core values, it is embedded in everyday working life and helps you to make decisions - There is a big focus on diversity and inclusion, and not in a fake way, the team genuinely wants people to feel welcomed and be their authentic selves at Hotjar - we celebrate our differences and it's a great place to learn about different cultures and beliefs! - Although we work remotely, it is not isolating and is super welcoming - Working remotely, means a better work/life balance but also means we get to join great meetups all over the world too - I have never received perks like I do at Hotjar, the wellbeing budget and office budget have been a great help

Cons

- No place is perfect, the company is growing quickly and sometimes mistakes are made, with that being said, people are always considered and problems are quickly solved

4 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

An incredible place to work.

Feb 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Hotjar's core values are embedded throughout the company, they're not just words they influence all aspects of our work. - Hotjar puts its people first. - The perks speak for themselves.

Cons

- There's a lot of work to do, that's why we're always hiring.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 5.0

Believe the hype

Aug 20, 2021 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Work on an industry-leading product that customers really love - Incredible perks - Brilliant approach to work/life balance - Bootstrapped no investors calling the shots - Career plans that actually help you grow - Fulfilling work with wonderful teammates

Cons

It's not uncommon for new starters to feel a bit of imposter syndrome. Hotjar is packed with super-intelligent people, and this can be a little intimidating, but that soon passes.

6 people found this review helpful

Hotjar Response

What a wonderful review to read! Thank you! I dealt with my own fair share of imposter syndrome when joining Hotjar. I'd love to talk about your experience, please feel free to reach out via slack or email. Emma Atkins - Director of People @ Hotjar

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A company that truly cares about people.

Jul 6, 2021 - Senior Brand editor in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

• Everyone here is smart, passionate, and kind. • The compensation and perks are amazing. • There's a consistent drive towards excellence. • I've never known anywhere that cares so much about its values, its people, and work-life balance.

Cons

• It can take a while to get used to the radically candid nature of feedback here.

3 people found this review helpful

Hotjar Response

Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased to hear that you feel we really care, because we do :) On the point about feedback, we're planning work to improve our skills around feedback culture over the coming year, and I'll make sure to include some more support on this during onboarding. Thank you for this feedback, it's very helpful!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best company I have worked for by far

Nov 14, 2019 - Paid Marketing Specialist in York, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Rigorous recruitment process to ensure you are the right fit for the role and the role is right for you too Transparency Honesty Friendliness Lots of opportunity for personal development People who genuinely care and want to see you succeed People who listen and take feedback on board Regular 1:1s with your lead Trust Remote working Work the hours you are at your best

Cons

As long as you can manage your working time, ensuring you don't over-work yourself (which is a risk when working remote) there are no cons for me.

7 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A great company that listens to and implements feedback

Oct 15, 2018 - Full Stack Developer in Newcastle, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hotjar really listen to feedback and implement it to improve the company. This isn't just the leadership either; it genuinely feels like everyone in the company will take suggestions on board and see how we can make the company better for our customers and the rest of the team. The company puts a lot of effort into supporting working remotely. Because working remotely is a core part of who we are, Hotjar doesn't reduce pay or other perks. I talk to my colleagues more as a remote worker than I ever did while working in an office!

Cons

While having the freedom to sort your own expenses is good, the process for tracking it takes some getting used to at first. You'll definitely need to put it in your calendar as a weekly process!

5 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best job and company ever

Oct 4, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people make the difference in any job. Everyone works hard and the company encourages us to take down time with generous vacation time and bonuses throughout the year. Lots of opportunity to grow and take on more responsibility.

Cons

A bit understaffed currently but only due to massive growth and the hiring teams are actively hiring. The long recruitment process means that people stay once hired and that they are much better fit than a quick hire.

7 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Vibrant, Progressive, and Fun Workplace

Dec 20, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's a ton...100% remote workplace. Hotjar does not care where you work. The management team realizes people work best when they are trusted, empowered and comfortable. There's also some amazing perks like 40 days of paid leave a year, a home office budget, company retreats and more. My co-workers are wicked smart and our product is amazing. It's an amazing place to work.

Cons

Because we're 100% remote it can sometimes be hard to get in contact with the person you're trying to connect with when you're trying to connect with them. They could be on the other side of the world. We've got the tools in place to facilitate this but it takes some getting used to.

12 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best company to work for

Dec 19, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hotjar have an incredibly refreshing approach to how they treat their employees - they don't just say they're going to treat us well, they demonstrably act on it. As well as the freedom and flexibility of being a fully remote company, and an insanly great benefits package, the culture at Hotjar is one of growth, support, and fun. Us developing and improving as employees can only ever be a good thing for the company, and it's great to see an employer put that in action through constant encouragement to keep learning all the time.

Cons

I haven't yet found anything negative I'd be able to say about Hotjar.

5 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 52 Reviews

Hotjar Reviews FAQs

Hotjar has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5, based on over 63 reviews left anonymously by employees. 94% of employees would recommend working at Hotjar to a friend and 91% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Hotjar employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Hotjar. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

94% of Hotjar employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Hotjar 4.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.9 for culture and values and 4.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Hotjar to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be MISSING VALUE.