Hotjar Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

5.0
Hotjar CEO David Darmanin
David Darmanin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A great company that listens to and implements feedback"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Newcastle, England
    Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Newcastle, England

I have been working at Hotjar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hotjar really listen to feedback and implement it to improve the company. This isn't just the leadership either; it genuinely feels like everyone in the company will take suggestions on board and see how we can make the company better for our customers and the rest of the team.

The company puts a lot of effort into supporting working remotely.

Because working remotely is a core part of who we are, Hotjar doesn't reduce pay or other perks.

I talk to my colleagues more as a remote worker than I ever did while working in an office!

Cons

While having the freedom to sort your own expenses is good, the process for tracking it takes some getting used to at first. You'll definitely need to put it in your calendar as a weekly process!

Advice to Management

Keep learning, keep taking on feedback and keep doing a great job!

"Best job and company ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Hotjar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people make the difference in any job. Everyone works hard and the company encourages us to take down time with generous vacation time and bonuses throughout the year. Lots of opportunity to grow and take on more responsibility.

Cons

A bit understaffed currently but only due to massive growth and the hiring teams are actively hiring. The long recruitment process means that people stay once hired and that they are much better fit than a quick hire.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Vibrant, Progressive, and Fun Workplace"

I have been working at Hotjar full-time

Pros

There's a ton...100% remote workplace. Hotjar does not care where you work. The management team realizes people work best when they are trusted, empowered and comfortable. There's also some amazing perks like 40 days of paid leave a year, a home office budget, company retreats and more. My co-workers are wicked smart and our product is amazing. It's an amazing place to work.

Cons

Because we're 100% remote it can sometimes be hard to get in contact with the person you're trying to connect with when you're trying to connect with them. They could be on the other side of the world. We've got the tools in place to facilitate this but it takes some getting used to.

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain the really strong focus on company culture. It's what makes Hotjar special.

"Best company to work for"

Pros

Hotjar have an incredibly refreshing approach to how they treat their employees - they don't just say they're going to treat us well, they demonstrably act on it. As well as the freedom and flexibility of being a fully remote company, and an insanly great benefits package, the culture at Hotjar is one of growth, support, and fun. Us developing and improving as employees can only ever be a good thing for the company, and it's great to see an employer put that in action through constant encouragement to keep learning all the time.

Cons

I haven't yet found anything negative I'd be able to say about Hotjar.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"A dream company to work for but know what you're getting into!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Hotjar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* I actually enjoy the work that I get to do every day. Now I'm not some crazy person that LOVES to work and never has bad days, but overall I really do enjoy the work that I get to do and the impact it makes on the company.

* And on that note, it is great to actually see how each team's work and individual's work actually influences how Hotjar grows. Everything and every one matters. This is not a place where you can just coast by, there is a lot of hard work involved but it is important work.

* Work/Life balance used to be a joke to me, but the culture at Hotjar really emphasizes how important it is to balance. Not only do we have a large number of vacation days, but the leadership team will "shame" those who HAVEN'T taken all their vacation days. I've been able to travel and visit places that I never thought I would on my vacation time!

* I feel like I'm surrounded my geniuses and they are all happy to help. It's nice being around inspiring people and learning and developing your career with them.

* There is plenty of career development opportunities. I get the opportunity to try new things, pick up new skills, or take a new path altogether. Whether you want to become a leader or develop your current skills, there is always opportunity.

Cons

* Being based in the US means being a contractor is hard. I pay for my own insurance and contribute to my own retirement, which isn't what I've been used to as a W2. Of course I was aware of this from the very start and in my situation, the compensation and the perks outweigh this negative.

* Remote life is not for everyone. It can be lonely, you can get stir crazy, and truly takes dicipline.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire smart but also make sure to weed out those that can't keep up. With such a high-velocity company, it only takes a handful of mediocre performers to slow down a whole department.

6. "Awesome colleagues and super-interesting technical challenges."

I have been working at Hotjar full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone at Hotjar always strives to better themselves, the product, and the company.

Cons

Since we're very selective about our hires there's sometimes an issue to find enough great people to help us realize our vision.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture strong (already doing great work there)!

7. "Hands down the best company and team I've ever worked with"

I have been working at Hotjar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Where do I even start? This is the happiest, most productive I've ever been at a company.

The team is composed of some of the most intelligent people I've ever known and everyone is committed to delivering the highest quality work.

The culture is outstanding. I've never worked somewhere where I've felt as much trust as I do from my teammates and leads here at Hotjar. There is zero micro management. I have the complete freedom to get work my work down how and when I want. If I need to take a long break to take care of my kids, there's nothing but encouragement.

And the PERKS! My goodness. €200/mo. for a working space allowance (pays for my internet at home, Apple Music, Pandora, and healthy snacks). €200/mo. for wellbeing. €1000 a year for personal development, €2000 a year holiday budget, and a €4000 office budget.

8 WEEKS OF HOLIDAYS!!! I can't tell you how much flexibility that creates to take care of things in my personal life. I can take a half or full day here and there to take care of my budgeting and tasks around the house.

Honestly I could go on and on. Working for Hotjar has been the best professional experience of my life 👍🏼

Cons

None. Absolutely, positively, 100% none. (I would have just said none, but turns out Glassdoor has a 5 word minimum even for the cons section)

Advice to Management

Keep it up and thank you!

"Great company"

I have been working at Hotjar full-time

Pros

Great team of people and very inclusive atmosphere.

Cons

Interview process takes some time to complete but worth it at the end.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing :)

Hotjar Response

25 May 2018 – VP of Operations

Thanks for the review and feedback! It means a lot.

"Remote working done right"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Lija (Malta)
    Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Lija (Malta)

I have been working at Hotjar (More than a year)

Pros

Top reason to work for Hotjar is the culture. We work in a completely remote team, yet I feel I know the other team members better and closed than in any job I've had before and the trust between co-workers is on an unprecedented level.

Apart from that, we also get to work on a game-changing product, with constant new challenges and opportunities for growth. On the latter, we're also always encouraged to learn and grow as individuals, with a growing number of perks and investments into us as team members.

Working remotely is an ideal situation for me, allowing me to do a great job while always being around my family, and Hotjar does remote working the right way.

Cons

Going to be hard to ever find something this good again.

"Always learning, growing, and having fun"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Hotjar full-time

Pros

benefits, exciting product, amazing leadership, friendly and helpful teammates

Cons

Since I am remote, I needed to hire an expensive accountant to help with tax issues - all good in the end!

Advice to Management

keep it up!