HubSpot Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.8
HubSpot CEO Brian Halligan
Brian Halligan
Pros
Cons
  • "Tough to strike a work life balance sometimes(in 56 reviews)

• "Fast growth creates some growing pains -- like needing to develop new managers/leaders(in 43 reviews)

"Excellent Company"

I have been working at HubSpot part-time

Pros

Excellent people, good culture, treat employees well.

Cons

Culture can be a little full on at times.

HubSpot2019-01-22

"Good Company"

I have been working at HubSpot full-time

Pros

Good pay + perks, interesting technical problems, excellent colleagues.

Cons

Culture is very positive/gung ho - can be a little much at times.

HubSpot2018-10-22
  3. "Best Company...Period."

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, people, benefits, culture, company mission.

Cons

It can be tough to work with your friends. The culture isn't for everyone, but if you're looking for a place to work that never feels like "work", this is it.

HubSpot2019-12-05
  4. "Great experience, great culture, genuinely a great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

* everybody is genuinely committed to HubsSpot values * culture, values and mission are real, not only words written somewhere * nice facilities * you rarely work beyond the official working hours

Cons

* salary is not too competitive against bigger tech companies

HubSpot2019-12-05
  5. "Great people, great place"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Smart and fun people Stylish space and engaging atmosphere Adaptive and inclusive culture Company has a strong growth mindset

Cons

Weak diversity - it's mostly younger, white people. Nice people, but can be tough as a POC

HubSpot2019-12-04

"Amazing Experience"

Current Employee - Onboarding Specialist in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can confidently say that all the great things that you read about HubSpot are indeed true. I've been at HubSpot less than a year, but long enough to be able to get the entire experience (post new-hire honeymoon phase). 1. The best part about HubSpot are the people. HubSpot puts immense weight during the interview process to hire people that are smart, driven, and most importantly kind. I've made some great... relationships during the time I've been here, and it makes work that much more enjoyable. Everyone here is motivated to succeed and advance their careers, and it fosters an exciting environment. 2. Company values. HubSpot is a company looking to be profitable like all others, but it strives to do so in partnership with its customers. You've most likely heard all about the inbound methodology, but HubSpot truly does strive to do business holistically and in a way that makes the world a better place. This not only applies to the way HubSpot goes about business, but also the way it treats its employees. You work hard, but I've never worked somewhere that invests so much in individual growth as well as transparency. 3. Benefits and perks. Benefits are great compared to where I've worked in the past. The coffee is fantastic, snacks are good, and beer on tap is great. 4. Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging. HubSpot puts soooo much into becoming a diverse and inclusive company, and strives to foster an environment of belonging. It admits that it's got some more work to do in this department, but it's truly steadfast in eventually becoming a leader in this category. I can go on and on about my experience at HubSpot. I can't genuinely say how grateful I am for the opportunity to work here.

Cons

I don't really consider this a con, but more of a disclaimer to potential applicants: Prepare to work hard. If you want to coast in an easy 9-5 then HubSpot is not for you. If you are coming from another industry, then prepare to put in even more hours learning the ropes and becoming familiar with tech, marketing, sales, and general business acumen. You can quickly become overwhelmed (especially in the beginning).... Every employee is here to grow and make a name for themselves, so if you don't give it 100%, you will be left in the dust. This isn't to say that the work-life balance is bad (it isn't). You just need to work hard and hit your metrics in order to succeed.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the pros I mentioned above. (I think you were planning on doing that anyway so don't stop!). Also, although the company is growing at a crazy pace, don't trade the startup feel and customer/employee centric values that you have in place of traditional corporate ones.

HubSpot2019-11-29
  7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at HubSpot full-time

Pros

great benefits work culture is great

Cons

nothing to think of off the top of my head

HubSpot2019-12-03
  8. "Life Changing Move to HubSpot"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

HubSpot is an incredible place to work. It is crammed full of smart people who are entrusted and enabled to do their jobs. I have huge autonomy and flexibility in my sales role. The product, marketing and operation teams are second to none. Paid very well.

Cons

A lot to learn fast, not all sales segments equal

Advice to Management

Keep pivoting towards international, there is supreme director talent in EMEA. Consider lowering the target for the small biz teams (I'm not on it btw)

HubSpot2019-11-22

"Best place to grow"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The "Use Good Judgement" policy enables a fantastic work environment. It removes layers of bureaucracy that typically creates friction for employees. Want to go to Greece for a week? Okay just use good judgement. Want to work from a treehouse? Go for it as long as you use good judgement (aka get your work done). Besides the great policies, HubSpot's best perk is the people. Diversity of experience is vital to... self-improvement and HubSpot provides this through all of the incredible people you get to work with. Most HubSpotters have experienced something in their life that makes them "Shiny". Our mystery dinners align us with people and an executive host that we usually wouldn't run into; after a few minutes you may learn that the colleague to your right had played professional baseball player and the women sitting in front of you was a detective in a past life. The growth you experience at HubSpot is gained through hard work (HubSpot is a challenging environment) and an openmind to other perspectives. Here's some other things that are cool: 1. Waffle Wednesday 2. Best nitro cold brew coffee ever 3. Silos of Cashews 4. Stock plan 5. Great health insurance; hubspot covers the vast majority of your deductible. 6. Dogs at work 7. The gym 8. Awesome headphones (I can't go back) 9. Free tickets to science museum 10. Free tickets to museum of fine art 11. Free Kindle book of your choice every 2 weeks (UGJ) 12. Cereal buffet 13. Great selection of local beers 14. Nap room 15. Meditation room (HubSpot can be challenging) 16. Peanut M&M's 17. Awesome speakers for HubTalks and Fireside chats. 18. INBOUND(a week of Ted talks on steroids with trays of 🦞 rolls to end the night). 19. #Catspotting slack channel 20. Making a quantifiable impact on our customers bottom line. 21. Helping the world automate tedious tasks (aka work smarter not harder).

Cons

If you think hubspot is the cure-all for your current work woes; you're gonna have a bad time. The cons of hubspot are the same as any job; there are highs, there are lows.

Advice to Management

Continue to remove friction from customers and employees as we can only help customers as fast as we can help ourselves.

HubSpot2019-11-15
  10. "I could not think of a better place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

The People you work with Flexibility Benefits Remuneration

Cons

Hard to think about any.

HubSpot2019-11-20