Leidos Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Roger A. Krone

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "senior developer"

I have been working at Leidos full-time

Pros

good work environment, good pay, good work

Cons

none, nothing that i can think off

2. "Great Overall Company but needs to listen to employees."

I worked at Leidos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many benefits such as tuition reimbursement. Opportunity to take on more responsibilities when asked. Direct supervisor (regional lead) was an amazing supervisor. She would challenge you because she believed in you to achieve your best. Supportive in the work environment and also outside of work. Through her encouragement it made me strive for more and take on new challenges. This lead to me holding myself to a higher standard as well my peers.

Cons

One downside is that comprehensive leave time/covered holidays are minimal. Most of the employees work at military sites which have many down days and more holidays off. This leads to employees losing hours or taking comprehensive leave because they are forced to. Also the approval of leave system/scheduling of coverage at sites was terrible. Sometimes it would take weeks to get a leave request approved. There were also times were I was given a few days notice that I was covering a site because the deputy lead who was in charge of these two areas didn't let me know. There were several occasions over the three years with the company where myself and I would have to figure out a coverage plan for a site because the deputy lead wouldn't. There were plenty of times where our busiest sites would be manned with one person because of mistakes like this. Being in a management position like this you should be the one figuring out information like this not the ones you are supposed to lead. This lead to most of the region not believing in or trusting the deputy lead because of his inconsistent work. I feel that overall it brought down the morale of the region and at times made me dread coming in to work. I know many of my coworkers had gone to HR regarding this and things that were said by this individual that made them uncomfortable. I feel that in any other workplace this individual would no longer be there but he still is.

Advice to Management

For the regional lead and higher continue valuing and developing your employees. Managers like you are what makes employees go that extra mile for you and everyone else they work with. It helps to develop those around you and creates leaders.

"Great colleagues, unfortunate management"

I have been working at Leidos full-time

Pros

Benefits (match pension, private health care, etc)
    Regular social activities
    Great internal social collaboration platform

Cons

Management unwilling to promote staff or move on from their comfy position
    Slow hierarchical structure
    Under market average salaries
    Internal employee development is poor

Advice to Management

Treat staff like actual humans rather than on-demand robots performing tricks.

5. "intern"

Pros

the people are very welcoming and training is good

Cons

not that many, worth the time and the opportunity

"Completely disorganised and archaic - really ask questions at interview"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Coventry, England
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Coventry, England

I have been working at Leidos full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is ok, but not top end.
    Most of the people I've met are nice, and well intentioned.

Cons

On-boarding process is atrocious - no induction process, left to fend for yourself in what is a chaotic organisation.
    Still trying to sort out the merger between Amor & Lockheed Martin (2014 ?) and then the impact of the recent Leidos takeover - no ability to manage its own organisational change. People in 'north' still have capabilities/infrastructure from Amor, people in 'south' have Lockheed Martin - it's a mess.
    IT Infrastructure is appalling - kit delivered late, often doesn't work, often breaks due to mistakes - hard to do your job using it.
    I know they work with governments (who aren't dynamic) but Leidos UK is still in the 1980's itself with archaic/bureaucratic processes, and people who just can't think outside the box (just follow process).
    Currently trying to triple in size, but going after work that they a) don't have resources for, b) don't have skills to take on, and c) are having to sub-contract almost all of it.
    Huge emphasis on working hard, but NOT smart. Many people doing really silly hours regularly (15hr days, working all weekend) just because they a) don't have resources, b) don't have skills and c) are poor at managing teams effectively.
    They may say you can work from anywhere, but project teams I saw needed a lot of on-site attendence due to poor management - so could find yourself travelling/living away alot.

Advice to Management

Get your act together and sort out all of the legacy (Amor/Lockheed) rubbish, and convert fully into Leidos.
    Recruit people who can bring in experience from the 'real' world so they can help move the company forward - this includes replacing management coz you are part of the problem.
    Take on bigger pieces of work to grow business but be realistic on what you can achieve with what you currently have available.

"Nice people, but the management structure is unfathomable"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England

I have been working at Leidos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My engineering colleagues are all great to work with

Cons

The actual work is tedious, poorly organised, and comes in fits and bursts.

"Worked for serveral years.. went worse with each year."

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Leidos full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Teams and colleagues are great but in danger of drifting into apathy.

Cons

Each account run like a separate business. No processes. No tooling. No planning. No investment. Senior managers are a joke.. dont know how to win new business.. morale is caustic.

Advice to Management

Resign.. take your pensions.. fresh blood needed

9. "LEIDOS Review"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at Leidos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free coffee
    OK Pay
    Great Engineers

Cons

Need to win more business in the UK

Advice to Management

Keep your employees in the loop about what is happening in the UK with regards to the future of the business.

"Employed at Amor Group acquired by Lockheed and then Leidos, it always went downhill."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England

I worked at Leidos full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you're in the right team, you will possibly grow with a great team but, the company is very segregated.

Cons

Promotions are entirely based on who you know than on merit. Constantly pushed for >100% utilisation and no support. Other teams push crap over the fence.

Advice to Management

Just stop what you are doing, stop the stupid shenanigans. Listen to your employees and actually take action otherwise you will lose even more stagg.

"Senior Management lack interest in employees"

I worked at Leidos full-time

Pros

Some good people to work with

Cons

Management are not interested in you; lack of career progression

Advice to Management

Listen to employees

Showing 976 of 1,084 reviews