LinkedIn Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.3
LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner
Jeff Weiner
2,053 Ratings
Pros
  • "You can have a very good work life balance(in 237 reviews)

• "Smart colleagues, challenging problems to solve, lots of free food(in 222 reviews)

Cons
  • "High targets, work-life balance, little visibility into how decisions are made by higher management(in 79 reviews)

• "New layer of middle management offer nothing(in 58 reviews)

1. "sales representative"

I have been working at LinkedIn part-time

Pros

- very good team in London

Cons

- lacks diversity as not many people

Advice to Management

N/A

LinkedIn2019-03-31

"Awesome company...IF your face fits"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition in London, England

I worked at LinkedIn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice working culture, people in general are super friendly and positive. Office's are nice, free food/gym etc. CEO is inspirational and the overall company vision is authentic and nice to be a part of.

Cons

It is elitist, very white, middle/upper class, reminds me of the popular kids at school type culture. More money driven than I had expected. they distract you with shiny things such as the gym, food etc I failed my probation (which i heavily question, I just didnt fit into the managers agenda or suck up to him as much as others) and was made to leave within 30mins of finding out, immediately marched out the... building and removed from all team whatsapp groups etc. I repeat this was purely a results decision apparently - very very cut throat and left me very upset and to be honest shocked. They say they aim to leave people better than they found them, but this was very much not the case. It is obviously a great company, however my 9months was sadly disappointing. IF your face doesnt fit they will move you on.

Advice to Management

Review how you handle those who god forbid dont meet the great LinkedIn expectations - I was a former client of yours for years spending allot of money. I wanted to experience LinkedIn but was left outraged and at times I felt very victimised in my team. There are some unpleasant people in the Talent Acquisition team who need to review the companies values. Finally diversity needs addressing, its very white... middle class, and drop the elitist atmosphere.

LinkedIn2019-05-15

"Great place to learn and grow"

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time

Pros

You can treat working at LinkedIn as an MBA -> easy to move and learn different functions, quality coworkers and culture of fairness and respect

Cons

There is sometimes a tendency towards status quo than willingness to go on a limb

LinkedIn2019-01-08

"Phenomenal Place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Consultant in London, England

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The amazing people, all the way through the organisation. Incredible leadership. The focus on diversity, inclusion and belonging, something we truly live by. A place I have transformed my career.

Cons

Perhaps more clarity about next career steps.

Advice to Management

More female leaders at the top of the business please!

LinkedIn2018-09-23

"Exceptional"

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time

Pros

Fantastic culture, perks, great leadership, worthy mission

Cons

Too nice? Could make it hard to move on to other opportunities. Slightly chaotic internal structures due to rapid growth.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Invest in mid-management.

LinkedIn2018-07-19

"Manager"

I worked at LinkedIn full-time

Pros

great company with good atmosphere. Cool place to work in.

Cons

MS buy out changes things, more reporting and heaviness

LinkedIn2018-06-08
  7. "Superb"

Former Employee - Account Director in London, England

I worked at LinkedIn full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Staff, product, perks, company, leadership

Cons

Public/customer image of the products

LinkedIn2018-04-16

"Don't believe all the hype"

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- great intelligent people to work with - free snacks and meals - great and interesting client work - interesting projects and stretch assignments (if you are lucky to get onto them and your manager is sponsoring you) - nice offices and environment - great compensation and benefits - very sales driven (if you like that environment)

Cons

- a lot of the culture and values are just on paper and not really followed through by all - a lot of politics between teams - a lot of hype on how internal career opportunities are promoted and encouraged - but no real evidence that these really take place even if you are a high performer and year in and out you are delivering - there is little to no support if you are working for the wrong manager or in certain... areas of the business which do not offer many opportunities at all - a lot of bureaucracy and manual processes to be able to keep up with your work - in client facing roles you have to prepared to handle a lot of ambiguity at times - individual teams can suffer under mediocre management - a lot of ad hoc requests from management to provide additional information and input at very short notice - making re-prioritisation necessary frequently and can make you feel like you can never really get a good structure in place - workload in teams can vary significantly and as a high performer you rather get overstretched than supported (making it feel like you are punished with more work rather than be praised for the great work you are doing) - there can be quite a bit of favoritism (certain people get all the high profile projects, key clients and stretch assignments) in well established teams that can make feel other team members feel less motivated.

Advice to Management

Culture and values should really be lived up to not just look good on paper. Look more closely into your middle management teams and review how they are supporting their teams and especially high performers and how key assignments and growth opportunities are distributed. Are really all career conversations meaningful? Create career opportunities for all staff (even more senior people) - some of our clients... actually run "job swap markets" where as an individual contributor you can swap roles in other departments for a quarter or determined period of time to learn and develop in other areas.

LinkedIn2018-04-04

"A good place to work but the London office has limited opportunity"

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

An amazing vision and a great company culture. Linkedin has a product suite unrivaled by anyone else in the market place and future innovations are sure to keep Linkedin as the global leader in talent, marketing, sales and learning.

Cons

In the UK career progression is limited. LinkedIn is i quickly evolving into a corporate entity of Microsoft and some of the changes are straining the culture of the organisation.

LinkedIn2018-02-05
  10. "working in LinkedIn"

I worked at LinkedIn

Pros

everything is good enough so far

Cons

currently , there is mo disadvantages

LinkedIn2018-01-02