Medpace Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.4
Medpace President and CEO August Troendle
August Troendle

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free Lunch is provided everyday (in 52 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, good work/life balance and a positive atmosphere (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not value newer employees or those lower on the totem pole (in 13 reviews)

• Cannot work from home, healthcare benefits poor (in 6 reviews)

1. "Medpace UK"

Former Employee - Clinical Data Coordinator
    Former Employee - Clinical Data Coordinator

I worked at Medpace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great staff, i worked in a great team which had some great people working in it, flexible on working hours, nice working environment

Cons

poor management of staff, low pay, US office does not allow UK offices to function properly

Advice to Management

Provide more management to be taken on by UK office, and also provide higher salary increases rather than frequent small increases.

"Shiny on the outside with a cold black heart"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Stirling, Scotland
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Stirling, Scotland

I worked at Medpace full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The local Stirling office. Full of a great bunch of good, smart and hard working people.

The initial training and quick progression (for the first few years) to next level of job (if you have a good line manager)

Getting to attend investigator meetings abroad.

Bonus scheme (once you qualify and if you're marked highly enough at your review)

Cons

Lack of transparency and communication from the London and US headquarters.

Promotions/transfers not fairly or professionally managed. Priority of professional development of the clinical operations team goes to London. This has lead to the unnecessary loss of a lot of good people, and a complete drop in morale.

Personal development is dependent on your line manager. Even then, they do not have the final say.

Advice to Management

Stop letting good people leave by treating them fairly, communicating better and rewarding hard work. If not, more people will leave and the reputation of the local office will continue to dwindle.

"Avoid unless you really need your first job in the industry!"

Former Employee - Data Coordinator in Stirling, Scotland
    Former Employee - Data Coordinator in Stirling, Scotland

I worked at Medpace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are none other than they will hire you even if you have no experience. If you are struggling to get your first job, apply and try to stay for six months so you can move on. I would give zero stars if this was an option.

Cons

Gossip ridden company with inexperience management that promote employees based on favouritism as opposed to any sort of skill. The pay is very low and the promotion increases are ridiculously low with no task changes, therefore the only change is a new number behind your title!

Advice to Management

Get in new, experienced managers who will be on the office floor to manage staff. Take feedback at exit interviews seriously. More than 50% of the department has left in the last year for the same reasons

"Management"

I worked at Medpace full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Broad experiential exposure. Generally collaboration from peers is positive. US colleagues welcoming and hard working in a pleasant office setting.

Cons

Favouritism by executive management stifles creativity and advancement - if you aren't currently in favour you are invisible. Then gone.

Advice to Management

Be more professional in managing your team - don't rely on gossip to know what's going on. Adopt a more flexible approach to home working - every other CRO has and you are being left behind!

6. "Good company to start out in industry"

Current Employee - Data Coordinator
    Current Employee - Data Coordinator

I have been working at Medpace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a good work life balance and both upper management and line management are very approachable and understanding of personal issues. There is opportunity for progression, which is based on skill acquisition rather than time with the company, so if you pull your socks up and work hard promotion can be fairly regular.

Cons

Despite the company's recent good performance over the past two financial years bonuses and merit increases are relatively poor until you reach the 3rd or 4th tier of your career progression ladder. This is to make the starting salary seem more appealing by bunching the grading midpoints together, but means poor increase until you get higher up in the company.

7. "a good company which has grown a lot"

I worked at Medpace full-time

Pros

great team, everyone was very helpful and supportive, many interesting projects

Cons

not alowed to be home based, often hours required to be overtime because many functions and clients are based in the USA

8. "Study Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Medpace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

very well organised - good training and good CTMS/SP system

Cons

hire and fire mentality, one mistake and your are out, no second chance. Line Manager too young and inexperienced.

Advice to Management

Value your employees

"Bad management and salary"

Pros

No pros, although the office is in a good position

Cons

Underpaid. Poor management, work environment often chaotic. Uncollaborative management and in certain circumstances TOTALLY unprepared.

"Lack of management"

Current Employee - Clinical Trial Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Clinical Trial Manager in London, England

Pros

Small structure vs large organization

Cons

Lack of´leadership in Europe, junior directors behave like dictators

Advice to Management

Need senior management

"Clincial Study Associate"

I worked at Medpace full-time

Pros

Friendly people.
    Flexible hours
    40 hours sick hours to use
    a few floating holidays
    great place to gain experience right out of college if you want to pursue a career in clinical research

Cons

Boss is usually hard to get in contact with. Usually out of the office for a couple hours.
    Low pay!
    If you leave, you end up paying for PTO.!!!
    Make too many promises and don't follow through.
    I did not give 30 day notice. I gave the regular 2 weeks. I had to call HR asking where my last check was. They said I didn't get paid anything because I didn't give my 30 day notice and had to pay for my PTO. I asked them an amount and I didn't get a response. They informed me they took the amount out of my 401K contributions! HR informed me that my supervisor and exit interview rep should have told me the amount I owed the company . Neither person informed me! This company screwed me and many other people over. The turnaround is very very very high. not many people stay more than 1 year. They pay their employees very low and will not increase wages. At each town hall meeting, the salary always comes up and they continue to tell everyone they can't do anything about it. Instead, they'd rather waste their money on getting the building renovated. Getting cool office supplies and planning paint nights in the office and getting a large variety of drinks and snacks. We don't need all that crap, and the company wastes their money on things.