Mercy Reviews

Updated Aug 1, 2021

Found 1,385 of over 1,434 reviews

3.5
Mercy President and CEO Lynn Britton (no image)
Lynn Britton
Pros
  • "Great co workers, good benefits(in 52 reviews)

• "Great people to work with, good benefits(in 40 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low pay for the amount of work you do(in 38 reviews)

• "Upper management is not helpful(in 35 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee
      Featured Review

Great place to work!

Feb 27, 2021 - Speech Therapist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Leadership, flexible hours and good salary

Cons

I can't think of any cons at this time

Talent Selection Specialist

Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review! It brings us joy to hear how much you loved your experience as a Mercy co-worker; the team will definitely be happy to read your review. We put co-worker satisfaction as one of our top priorities and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for your kind words and the work you did here at Mercy!

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Review of Mercy

Jul 21, 2021 - Senior Human Resources Manager in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Catholic hospital system that does a lot of good community outreach across the 7 states they have a presence in, to include outreach ministries in TX, MS, LA, and AR.

Cons

At times it felt top management heavy.

Employment Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We appreciative your positive feedback and helpful suggestions. If you have any further feedback to share, please feel free to contact our team via email at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net. Thank you!

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Overall enjoyed my experience, many growth opportunities and fulfilling work.

Jul 28, 2021 - Data Scientist
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of interesting problems to try and solve as a data scientist, working with a complex and very large EHR dataset. Problems can range from operational, financial, and clinical in nature.

Cons

Like with all health care organizations, strict regulations around data protection introduce an additional inertia compared to most other industries, which can make the workflow feel cumbersome at times.

Employment Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We appreciate hearing meaningful insight that provides a glimpse into our diverse array of job disciplines and expertise across all facets of health care. Thank you for sharing your important perspective as a data scientist. If you have any additional feedback to share, please feel free to contact our team via email at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net. Thank you for your time and dedication!

4. 4.0

Mercy South

Jul 26, 2021 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Affton, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Teamwork Great opportunities to shadow other departments to find the right fit

Cons

Frequently Short-staffed High turn-over rate Limited resources and frequently broken supplies

Employment Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We are happy to hear about your positive experience with internal mobility and great job-shadow opportunities. Thank you for also sharing suggestions to further improve the co-worker experience. If you have any further feedback to share, please contact our team via email at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net. Thank you for your time!

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Not who they say they are

Aug 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits,, Work from home options for certain positions

Cons

Internal raises and promotions are very difficult to come by. Company pushes their branding and beliefs, but doesn’t really live by those same tenets. They fake it to get more but-in.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Community

Jul 26, 2021 - Associate Principal%2C IT in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong community of people to work with. Others that go above and beyond to make delivering patient care successful.

Cons

Above and beyond is the norm and expected to be successful. There is a constant back log of work and no real single direction.

Employment Brand Manager

Thank you for completing a review and sharing information about your positive experience with our supportive team environment. Thank you for also sharing your perspective regarding potential opportunities for improvement. If you have any further feedback to share, please feel free to contact our team via email at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net. Thank you for your time!

7. 5.0

Amazing Company

Jul 27, 2021 - PSR I
      Business Outlook

Pros

Works with you if you need days off. Has great benefits. Will help you advance in your career.

Cons

I don’t have any cons. I really have enjoyed working for Mercy. Definitely a great company.

Employment Brand Manager

Thank you for this amazing five-star review! We are honored to receive such glowing feedback regarding so many aspects of your work experience with Mercy. We are thrilled to hear how much you are enjoying your experience. Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review. If you have any further feedback to share, please feel free to contact our team via email at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net. Thank you!

8. 2.0
      Current Employee

Wish I didn’t have to leave.

Jul 27, 2021 - Ophthalmic Assistant in Springfield, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love helping people. Mercy can be a very rewarding place to work.

Cons

Mercy is forcing employees to put something potentially dangerous in our bodies and taking away our right to choose what’s best for ourselves.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Intentions, Divergent Results

Jun 15, 2021 - EVS Tech I, Second Shift (Nights)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Somewhat Above-Average Pay, Cardless/Cashless Pay In The Cafeteria (Using Badge), Benefits (Presumably), Free Cardio (Don't Need A Gym, But They Have One!)

Cons

Heavy Politicking, Hostile Work Environment (Moreso For Some Than Others), New Supervisors Feel A Need To Make A Statement Upon Arrival By 'Cleaning House' With Already-Understaffed Departments, Retaliation For Speaking Up Regarding Any Of The Above During Huddles (Semi-Informal Meetings).

Employment Brand Manager

Thank you for your time and review! We are sorry your experience didn’t meet your expectations. We thank you for sharing feedback regarding positive aspects of your experience as a member of our team. We are also equally committed to listening to your concerns. Please contact us via email at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net, so we may chat further regarding your feedback and experience. Thank you!

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Love the patients, management is shady, pay is low

Jul 26, 2021 - Phlebotomist in Rogers, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

The patients are amazing, this was a very fulfilling role and I thoroughly enjoyed interacting with my peers and patients.

Cons

Extremely underpaid, both doctors I worked for and assisted were jerks. Management was fake and not at all concerned with employee well being. No work life balance. Most days you did not get a lunch break and it was frowned upon if you dared ask for one.

Employment Brand Manager

Thank you for completing a review! We are happy to hear you were able to find reward and fulfillment in delivering care and support to our amazing patients. Your suggestions have been captured and will be considered as part of our ongoing efforts to continually enhance the experience for our dedicated co-workers. If you have any further feedback to share, please contact our team via email at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net. Thank you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,385 Reviews