Mercy Reviews

Updated 5 Jun 2020

3.5
Mercy President and CEO Lynn Britton (no image)
Lynn Britton
Pros
Cons
  • "Low pay, sometimes grueling work,(in 31 reviews)

• "There has been recent turnover of upper management of the department(in 31 reviews)

1. "Great place to wokr"

Former Employee - Coordinator

I worked at Mercy full-time

Pros

Mission, Vision, Core Values, Leadership

Cons

No Cons to note, great organization.

Mercy2020-06-05
  2. "Opportunity for growth initially, variety of responsibilities , fast paced environment"

I worked at Mercy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Team Oriented Environment, Strong Local Leadership

Cons

Continual Workforce Reductions, Low Salary

Mercy2020-05-29

June 1, 2020Executive Assistant

Thanks for writing a review! As we continue to grow and evolve as a company, we want our co-workers to have opportunities to do the same. There are endless ways for co-workers to gain different experiences and take on new challenges within roles, within teams, and within the company. Internal mobility is something we’re really passionate about and we want all our co-workers next role to be with Mercy. We appreciate all your feedback and hope that you have a blessed day!

3. "Amazing nurses and doctors!"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Mercy part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have had the pleasure of working with some of the most amazing doctors and nurses. The nurses here are always willing to help each other out and make a great team.

Cons

Health benefits could be better.

Mercy2020-05-27

June 1, 2020Executive Assistant

We are so grateful for your kind words! Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community! We’re proud to offer our co-workers a number of great perks and benefits. Mercy’s benefit program is designed to support your personal health and well-being, offer market-competitive coverage and fulfill our call to be responsible stewards of Mercy’s resources. Both full-time and part-time co-workers are eligible for a variety of benefits. If you have any additional feedback to share or questions about your benefits package, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net.

4. "Great Time at Mercy Norman"

Former Employee - Patient Access Representative in Norman, OK

I worked at Mercy full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's like working with family. I had a great time working at a Mercy clinic in a rural town. My co-workers were very friendly and my manager was always very accommodating. Though I was a full time student as well, they made sure that I had a good work-school balance

Cons

There was a lot of change in leadership while I was there, this made it so a lot of rules were put in place that people were not used to. This caused a lot of conflict

Continue reading
    Mercy2020-05-26

June 1, 2020Executive Assistant

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Continuous feedback from our co-workers is how we improve. Our leadership team takes your feedback to heart since Mercy believes every co-worker's voice is important to our overall mission. As you mentioned, Mercy is proud to offer flexible scheduling options for our student co-workers as we know that working and going to school simultaneously is definitely not an easy task. We commend you for all the hard work you've put in during your time at Mercy. If you have any further feedback to share, please email us at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net.

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - EVS Tech in Springfield, MO
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Mercy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and decent pay.

Cons

The cafeteria is quite expensive.

Mercy2020-05-25

May 26, 2020Executive Assistant

We are so grateful for your kind words! Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. If you have any additional feedback to share, we encourage you to email us at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net. We hope you have a blessed day!

6. "PCA"

Current Employee - ICU Technician in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Mercy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good environment, nice coworkers, trustworthy, provides learning.

Cons

none that I can think of

Mercy2020-05-08

May 11, 2020Executive Assistant

We’re thrilled to hear that you are happy in your current position! Our co-workers take priority and to hear that you have had a positive experience warms our hearts. It’s an honor to have you as a part of our Mercy team! If you have any further feedback to share, please email us at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net!

"Not co-worker focused at all. Very bottom line driven and knee jerk reaction type leadership."

2.0
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Mercy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great co-workers and front line management

Cons

Bad business decisions has led to many RIF's but they just keep making them and the RIF's are still occurring. Leadership only cares about themselves not their co-workers.

Mercy2020-05-18

May 18, 2020Executive Assistant

Like other health care systems across the country, we’re taking difficult steps to address the heavy economic consequences of the COVID-19 crisis. We’ve taken proactive measures to provide the necessary care for our co-workers and their families. Our hearts go out to those impacted by these changes and the unprecedented impact of this global pandemic.

"hospital based bedside nursing"

Current Employee - RN, Bsn in Springfield, MO
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Mercy part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Top leadership have handled the covid-19 epidemic very well

Cons

Some pockets of poor supervisors / middle management but good overall leadership from upper management at Mercy in general.

Continue reading
    Mercy2020-04-27

May 4, 2020Executive Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We want our co-workers to know that their priorities are our priorities. If you have any further feedback to share, please email us at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net. We hope you have a blessed day!

9. "Great community"

Former Employee - RN Care Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Mercy part-time

Pros

Great coworkers, lots of learning opportunities

Cons

Weak salary, inflexible hours

Mercy2020-04-28

May 4, 2020Executive Assistant

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you sharing your thoughts regarding our compensation structure. As a non-profit ministry following the path of the Sisters of Mercy, we strive to create equal opportunities for all co-workers and remain competitive with our compensation and benefit packages. As you mentioned, Mercy encourages professional growth and development of our co-workers by providing financial assistance to accomplish educational and career goals. If you have any further feedback to share, please email us at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net!

"Be aware they are laying off"

Former Employee - Workforce Management Analyst

I worked at Mercy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits and core values and the religious aspect

Cons

Always being afraid you will lose your job

Mercy2020-05-06