47% would recommend to a friend
(5272 total reviews)
52% approve of CEO
Found 5,272 of over 6K reviews
Updated 6 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good pay compared to other supermarkets + very flexible with students who need to transfer between stores for university" (in 576 reviews)
- "Staff you work with are friendly and nice to work with and try and support the best they possibly can" (in 285 reviews)
- "Scottish guys are good people to work with and the polish guys are hurrible" (in 265 reviews)
- "friendly colleagues: everyone in the store is lovely to talk to and always gives a smile" (in 243 reviews)
- "Benefits are good and it is a sociable position" (in 102 reviews)
- "Totally due to the lack of correct operational performance / guidance and poor management of capex." (in 423 reviews)
- "Certain managers have no regard for their team" (in 264 reviews)
- "hours are long and difficult" (in 242 reviews)
- "No work/life balance as the shifts can be spread between 6" (in 78 reviews)
- "no training or very little (mostly done online) so lack of actual hands on training" (in 65 reviews)
- 1.026 Nov 2023Night ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
15% staff discount . 3 rest night
Senior management just go by a bit of paper, rather than investing and spending time in their people and seeing what they're really up against. They set unrealistic targets and put you under so much pressure to get it delivered. Hardly have any staff, lorries to unload as soon as your shift starts and throughout the night, no support in helping you set up for your shift. Zero recruitment, loads of staff leaving or getting moved but no plan to replace them yet they expect same results.They don't invest time coaching or catching up with us, this is expected after your 11/12 hour shift! Shop is usually left in a very bad state yet we are expected to get it all worked and tidy.(unrealistic) Expected to stay over our contracted hours . No respect what so ever towards us night managers and colleagues. Culture is terrible you're only allowed to talk business.
- 2.011 Aug 2023Customer AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsMilton Keynes, England
Employee discount, first dibs on reductions, the occasional thank you.
Lackadaisical, myopic management inconsistent with company standards, hampered by a lack of foresight and an inability to appreciate the chasm of difference between their own experience and those of the colleagues who work the departments. Management are taken by surprise at every turn, often flailing to achieve what a great many retailers seem to achieve with a modicum of grace and ease. Next to no consultation when it comes to schedules, frequent flouting of company policy of a week's notice for rota changes, little in the way of appreciation and an increasingly impatient and badgering tone as though we are to blame for the circumstances of the store.9
- 5.04 Dec 2023Assistant BuyerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearBradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England
A strong company culture that fosters hard worj and togetherness 4 day work week is life changing
For someone on the outside of a team or circle, it's hard to push further up. A lot of networking and getting known is needed to climb the ladder
- 3.06 Dec 2023Bakery AssistantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearOrmskirk, England
- Some genuinely nice people - Better than average pay - Nice hours - Great Part Time Job
- Bad Management - Benefits aren't great
- 4.04 Dec 2023Sales AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsKnottingley, England
Good pay for a first job, and staff are lovely
Can sometimes be a messy job, and sometimes supplies can be limited and need ordering frequently, but not always received
- 2.03 Nov 2023Department ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNewcastle upon Tyne, England
Money is good if you join externally but not if you work your way up
Work life balance Expected to have no breaks Not allowed to leave until told Managers only stack shelves and expected to complete schedules etc from from Expected to attend meetings / calls on days off Expected to have work emails and chat groups on your personal phone with no compensation. The list really does go on.
- 2.014 Nov 2023Home Delivery Team LeaderCurrent Employee
Staff discount (goes up around Christmas)
As a team leader, you are not paid anywhere near what you should be for the work you do. 20p extra compared to the colleagues you are in charge of is ridiculous and not worth it. I also was running the whole department whilst my manager only ever hid away in the offices and did rotas.
- 3.023 Nov 2023Chartered Management Degree ApprenticeshipCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England
-can cut a lot of comers (take long breaks, no clocking in or out, no policing. Unless in a high profile placement
-DAs could be paid better -A lot of gossipers -A lot of fakes -roles are running out
Morrisons Reviews FAQs
Morrisons has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 5,552 reviews left anonymously by employees. 47% of employees would recommend working at Morrisons to a friend and 30% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
47% of Morrisons employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Morrisons 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 2.8 for career opportunities.