NRS Media Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

NRS Media Reviews

Updated 25 Jan 2020

2.8
NRS Media Global CEO 	Neil Tanner (no image)
Neil Tanner
Pros
  • "Met some great people that previously worked here and still work here(in 5 reviews)

• "regular coaching every week whether it's side by side or listening to your call's really helps you develop into a brilliant ISE(in 4 reviews)

Cons

"Great forward thinking company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at NRS Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

.Ambitious company with very exciting plans. .Massive focus on one team no matter what your job role. No 'them and us' mentality .Monthly meetings and annual conferences of which everyone is part of. This helps with no mixed messages from the top down. .Company social events which historically have been a good laugh .Constant rewards for performance and innovation.

Cons

There has been a lot of change in the last couple of years . But all for the right reasons to move the culture and behaviour of the business forward . If you are not adaptable to change and can't think on your feet on occasions this may not be for you.

NRS Media2017-01-19
  2. "Game Over! 👎"

I worked at NRS Media full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Zero. Absolutely f-ing zero pros.

Cons

Downsizing and struggles to keep the lights on. CEO doesn't remotely understand the digital media market and has totally ruined the company. He bought 20% share of the company and has taken handsomely nice half a million pay cheques on yearly basis. While the headcount has reduced from 200+ staff to below 30 globally now. It was like WWE Royal Rumble. Every few months dozens of people will be thrown out of the company. Please be strong and avoid this company, you've been warned. 💪

NRS Media2020-01-12

"Exciting and Forward Thinking Business"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at NRS Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Recognition/Opportunity: if you apply yourself, want to progress and go the extra mile, NRS regularly celebrate and encourage this - Global Company: Giving an opportunity to experience and learn from different cultures - Location: In heart of Newcastle Quayside, the office has stunning views and is at the heart of North East England

Cons

- Fast paced: This is not so much a con, it depends on the individuals character. If you thrive in this environment, then you will enjoy working for NRS.

NRS Media2017-01-18

"The boat is sinking!!!!"

Account Director in London, England

I worked at NRS Media for more than 5 years

Pros

You have a jobto pay your bills?

Cons

Poor management, taking wrong decisions constantly. Poor company culture

NRS Media2016-11-03

"Perspective of an ISE"

ISE in Sunderland, North East England, England

I have been working at NRS Media

Pros

I don't think I've ever worked for a company so supportive. I look forward to coming in to work every day, with a fantastic atmosphere and support always available. Management are so transparent with the team, and are approachable and helpful, and that is carried right up the chain to the MD, COO and CEO, who make a point in taking time to talk to staff and drive them with their own passion for the company, which is thoroughly infections.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons for the company. As a warning, I would say that as the business is growing and changing, and be prepared for that. However, if you are happy with change and adapting, NRS is the place to be, as the changes are building a strong, fantastic business with incredible opportunities.

"Exciting times ahead."

Inside Sales Executive in Sunderland, North East England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at NRS Media for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at NRS Media full- time for almost 2 years now as an Inside Sales Exec. The role is very exciting and you never know what station, paper or geographical areas you will be covering. I have had the fortune of having experienced presentation week in the likes of South Africa and Canada! Presentation week is hard work but very rewarding and you meet many interesting people and have great experiences. You will learn a lot and develop your skills in such a short amount of time within NRS in comparison to other telesales based roles.

Cons

With it being a new business things are changing a lot so you need to be adaptable. What should be one of the top priorities for a sales based company however, such as commission schemes and targets don't seem to be, with both of these been unclear at times and changing.

NRS Media2016-06-24

"A Brilliant office and Team"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Sunderland, North East England, England

I worked at NRS Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

the training is amazing. in two short weeks you learn the in's and outs of the business. the COO and CEO spend time with you, they show you how much they care and share their passion with you. completely transparent about whats going on within the business and changes that are about to happen. you're away for a week to various parts of the UK, on various campaigns. with a great team of people. the support from the various ISE's SOS's and AD's is amazing. regular coaching every week whether it's side by side or listening to your call's really helps you develop into a brilliant ISE. The management care, they provide incentives and praise you where praise is due.

Cons

change, if you're not open to change, then the job isn't for you, they always say they're building the plane whilst they are flying. so there is bound to be teething problems, however the support from the business really helps, but you've enough support here to iron out any worries you have and the transparency of the business really helps.

"Sad To Leave"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in North Sunderland, England

I have been working at NRS Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Started in 2015 joined the business mostly experienced as a Telesales agent. Gained huge experience within the B2B world more so confidence instilled in to myself by fellow colleagues, account directors and management. The job is hard yet rewarding to quote my main inspiration in the role you choose which person you want to be when you turn up at 9am. Put in the work and you will fly within this business.

Cons

For myself personally I would have loved to stay and progress within the company but I found the opportunities limited. I would recommend the company focus on developing within, in relation to coaching. They have brilliant employees who have the respect of there fellow piers and will surely do an amazing job.

NRS Media2016-04-18

"Love my job"

Inside Sales Executive in Sunderland, North East England, England

I have been working at NRS Media

Pros

Good basic wage with a great commission structure in place. this is one of the most supportive businesses i have had the pleaseure of working for, the management team are second to none and are always there to help, guide, support you on a daily basis. this is a fast growing business with bags of oppertunities for those people prepared to work for it.

Cons

In honesty i love my job and cant actually think of anything negative to say about it.

NRS Media2016-03-16

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Sunderland, North East England, England

I have been working at NRS Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

This role is fast paced and has a great atmosphere. All staff are friendly and supportive. This is one of the most supportive businesses i have worked for. The inside sales is relatively new to NRS and is ever expanding so opportunity to progress will be there for the right candidate. The rate of pay is excellent and there is a great commission structure in place. If you have a great attitude and a strong work ethic you will fit in perfectly.

Cons

As with all new businesses there is teething problems, however i believe management and the right staff with the right attitudes soon smooth these out.

NRS Media2016-03-16

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 72 reviews