NRS Media Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Neil Tanner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Have some great people on your team who will help you (ise) (in 5 reviews)

• We started a new Inside Sales team in January 2015 with 9 Sales Executives (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The motto "Building the plane as they fly" (in 3 reviews)

• Do not look after their staff, bully culture FIFO - very high staff turnover (in 3 reviews)

"Great forward thinking company"

I have been working at NRS Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

.Ambitious company with very exciting plans.

.Massive focus on one team no matter what your job role. No 'them and us' mentality

.Monthly meetings and annual conferences of which everyone is part of. This helps with no mixed messages from the top down.

.Company social events which historically have been a good laugh

.Constant rewards for performance and innovation.

Cons

There has been a lot of change in the last couple of years . But all for the right reasons to move the culture and behaviour of the business forward . If you are not adaptable to change and can't think on your feet on occasions this may not be for you.

"Exciting and Forward Thinking Business"

I have been working at NRS Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Recognition/Opportunity: if you apply yourself, want to progress and go the extra mile, NRS regularly celebrate and encourage this
    - Global Company: Giving an opportunity to experience and learn from different cultures
    - Location: In heart of Newcastle Quayside, the office has stunning views and is at the heart of North East England

Cons

- Fast paced: This is not so much a con, it depends on the individuals character. If you thrive in this environment, then you will enjoy working for NRS.

"The boat is sinking!!!!"

Former Employee - Account Director in London, England
    Former Employee - Account Director in London, England

I worked at NRS Media (More than 5 years)

Pros

You have a jobto pay your bills?

Cons

Poor management, taking wrong decisions constantly. Poor company culture

Advice to Management

Go back to IT.

"Who Dare Wins."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunderland, North East England, England

I have been working at NRS Media full-time

Pros

Established in 1992 by Doug Gold in New Zealand - who developed a unique and very successful sales approach. It's an innovative people-oriented management and sales philosophy; and today NRS Media is the global leader in media sales under the leadership of previous Directors from Microsoft and SAP - Neil Tanner and John Antunes. One could only imagine how much industry insight and experience they bring to NRS Media, it is invaluable and astonishing. This company also has outstanding Managers in every department and the whole business is a living and breathing machine.

NRS Media predominantly has an excellent coaching culture with second to none work ethic; where leaders lead by example, where everything is transparent - from mission and goals to monthly balance sheets; where the leaders are down to earth and share their knowledge and wisdom with you; where all the yearly profits are completely reinvested right back into the company for growth.

Cons

NRS Media is constantly growing - shifting, twisting and turning, evolving into the right direction. It takes time and to grow and one must first embrace the change; it's like surfing a big wave - you have to be brave and you have to believe in yourself. The changes NRS Media is taking are like those little adjustments you do before surfing a massive wave, yes - once you are on it you know all that were absolutely necessary and totally worth it.

Change is inevitable and who dare wins. It may be uncomfortable at first to these changes but the future outlook of growth for NRS Media is something we all be immensely proud of one day, because we will make it happen - together.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, the good spirit and the good leadership. We all need it, may be now more than ever.

"Perspective of an ISE"

Current Employee - ISE in Sunderland, North East England, England
    Current Employee - ISE in Sunderland, North East England, England

Pros

I don't think I've ever worked for a company so supportive. I look forward to coming in to work every day, with a fantastic atmosphere and support always available. Management are so transparent with the team, and are approachable and helpful, and that is carried right up the chain to the MD, COO and CEO, who make a point in taking time to talk to staff and drive them with their own passion for the company, which is thoroughly infections.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons for the company. As a warning, I would say that as the business is growing and changing, and be prepared for that. However, if you are happy with change and adapting, NRS is the place to be, as the changes are building a strong, fantastic business with incredible opportunities.

Advice to Management

Only advice would be to continue as is. Support and training is second to none, and I feel every single person in the chain is approachable in any circumstance.

"A Brilliant office and Team"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Sunderland, North East England, England

I worked at NRS Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the training is amazing. in two short weeks you learn the in's and outs of the business. the COO and CEO spend time with you, they show you how much they care and share their passion with you.
    completely transparent about whats going on within the business and changes that are about to happen.
    you're away for a week to various parts of the UK, on various campaigns. with a great team of people. the support from the various ISE's SOS's and AD's is amazing.
    regular coaching every week whether it's side by side or listening to your call's really helps you develop into a brilliant ISE. The management care, they provide incentives and praise you where praise is due.

Cons

change, if you're not open to change, then the job isn't for you, they always say they're building the plane whilst they are flying. so there is bound to be teething problems, however the support from the business really helps, but you've enough support here to iron out any worries you have and the transparency of the business really helps.

Advice to Management

keep doing what your doing with your management styles. regroup and start a fresh, you've got a great ISE team and they're going to be great in future campaigns.

"Exciting times ahead."

I worked at NRS Media (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at NRS Media full- time for almost 2 years now as an Inside Sales Exec. The role is very exciting and you never know what station, paper or geographical areas you will be covering. I have had the fortune of having experienced presentation week in the likes of South Africa and Canada! Presentation week is hard work but very rewarding and you meet many interesting people and have great experiences. You will learn a lot and develop your skills in such a short amount of time within NRS in comparison to other telesales based roles.

Cons

With it being a new business things are changing a lot so you need to be adaptable. What should be one of the top priorities for a sales based company however, such as commission schemes and targets don't seem to be, with both of these been unclear at times and changing.

Advice to Management

Continue to support and work closely with the ISE's, they are on the front line so what they have to say to improve things should be listened to and implemented as a priority. Valuing all employees above everything else (no matter their job title) is the most important thing for an innovative, successful, 21st century business.

"Sad To Leave"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in North Sunderland, England
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in North Sunderland, England

I have been working at NRS Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Started in 2015 joined the business mostly experienced as a Telesales agent. Gained huge experience within the B2B world more so confidence instilled in to myself by fellow colleagues, account directors and management. The job is hard yet rewarding to quote my main inspiration in the role you choose which person you want to be when you turn up at 9am. Put in the work and you will fly within this business.

Cons

For myself personally I would have loved to stay and progress within the company but I found the opportunities limited. I would recommend the company focus on developing within, in relation to coaching. They have brilliant employees who have the respect of there fellow piers and will surely do an amazing job.

Advice to Management

The heads of have a vision for the business and I for one bought in to it knowing they will succeed. ISE management has changed dramatically since I started and for the better they have deliverd great structure which seemed lacking over 12 months ago. On the back of this again I would like to see investment in the current team to develop amazing sales coaches. NRS have amazing training and trainers who travel the world delivering boot camps and development maybe this should be used to the companies advantage with existing staff rather than bringing in outside sales trainers. On a whole the job is good, tough, rewarding and any new employees will enjoy a brilliant day to day atmosphere everyone one helps everyone.

"Love my job"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Sunderland, North East England, England

Pros

Good basic wage with a great commission structure in place.
    this is one of the most supportive businesses i have had the pleaseure of working for, the management team are second to none and are always there to help, guide, support you on a daily basis.
    this is a fast growing business with bags of oppertunities for those people prepared to work for it.

Cons

In honesty i love my job and cant actually think of anything negative to say about it.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at NRS Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This role is fast paced and has a great atmosphere. All staff are friendly and supportive. This is one of the most supportive businesses i have worked for. The inside sales is relatively new to NRS and is ever expanding so opportunity to progress will be there for the right candidate. The rate of pay is excellent and there is a great commission structure in place. If you have a great attitude and a strong work ethic you will fit in perfectly.

Cons

As with all new businesses there is teething problems, however i believe management and the right staff with the right attitudes soon smooth these out.

Advice to Management

to continue to be there for your team, Listening to our opinions and following up with changes where needed. Fantastic Managers who care. Continue to share best practice and business updates.