Paycom Reviews

4.2
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison
1,505 Ratings
Pros
  • "Helpfulness of people; the blessings of a parking garage; great benefits -(in 114 reviews)

• "Team work, catered lunches, coworkers(in 87 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance is not the best(in 150 reviews)

• "Difficult to keep up with growth, so long hours are usually required(in 72 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

219 Comments

Tech

82K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Paycom~136736
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good health insurance

Nov 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

$1 health insurance. Everyone is friendly.

Cons

Did not find one from my end.

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We appreciate you sharing your experience and we wish you the best.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Place

Nov 29, 2021 - Planet Fitness Front Desk Associate in Sherwood, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

• Customer Service Experience • Stay Active/Busy • PTO • Friendly Staff

Cons

• A lot of standing

3. 5.0

good benefit

Nov 27, 2021 - Systems Administrator in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

good health insurance. one dollar for insurance. people are nice.

Cons

None of the cons I can think of.

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're thrilled you shared your Paycom experience with others and we appreciate you being a part of the team!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome place for career development!

Nov 23, 2021 - Outside Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome training program for new reps led by former top performers. Also new sales reps get assigned a sales training manager which is one of the tenured reps in your office where they come on meetings with you & work your first deal to a close with you. On top of career development there is incredible earning potential within your first year alone.

Cons

Not really a 'con' but come prepared to work hard but be confident that if you put in the time you will be rewarded. Some of your success can be based on territory & other factors, but if you control what you can control, you will be great!

1 person found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

We appreciate you sharing! We’re glad you are liking the training, career development and earning potential. We’re happy you’re part of our team!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Once-in-a-Lifetime Opp for the Elite Sales Pro - DREAM JOB

Nov 18, 2021 - Executive Sales Representative in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

A. The product - Who DOESN'T love work for the best vendor in the industry (by a mile)? Seriously though. No one wants to work for second best or worse. Selling is much easier and far more FUN when you know with absolute conviction and certainty that your product is the alpha and no one else comes close and because of the company's strategy, I'm 100% certain that it is going to stay that way indefinitely. B. The Work - I LOVE the actual work and day to day. You'll never be board. There's always something to do and it's different every day. The work is energizing and exciting and best of all, you know you are truly making a difference in people's lives by what you do here and the impact of this product that we get to sell. C. The Comp- the base pay is the most generous I've seen, and once you grind past year 1 and hit $500K in career starts, the commission also becomes outrageously generous. There is also a car allowance, cell phone allowance, and benefits are unbelievable. World's best health insurance for $1. Oh yes and the stock purchase plan as well as the massive stock bonuses when you hit President's Club. Remember when I said the product is best in class? I get to be an owner in the company by working here now too and the equity is going no where but straight UP. #blessed You gotta grind and be on point every day to cut it but it's more than worth it. D. The people & culture - From Chad's visionary leadership to our Chief Sales Officer who you know cares about you personally even though you are one of 400 reps nationwide, the culture is exceptional from the top down. Can you say #DreamJob? I also appreciate that the team has no deadweight. Everyone on the team grinds and is talented. and because we get paid so well, the executive reps are for the most part, true philanthropists and the most generous people I've ever worked with and that is part of why they work so hard. Management too.

Cons

You have to learn to manage stress, manage pressure, manage your emotions, and manage spinning 3-12 plates at once while sprinting. These are all valuable skills to learn so I hesitate to list as con; however, if you can't get these things down, you won't make it. Great news though. You'll never have a job where you receive more mentorship, resources, and coaching in order to get where you need to go. From the very beginning and extremely robust new hire training 8 week program where you don't have to worry about quota but simply learn and be a sponge while getting paid. Not only is Paycom management and the team members committed to doing whatever it takes to make you successful, but there is an entire department devoted to this as well. The resources we have are absolutely endless and honestly kind of outrageous but in the best way. Getting hired is tough, but once you're in, there's no excuse not to succeed. All the tools are there. There's also career development and advancement opportunities too. You never stagnate. Leadership is committed to ongoing personal and professional development. I am constantly amazed by how much the company pours into our development and helping us success. It's great.

2 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! We’re happy you’re enjoying the dynamic work environment and amazing culture at Paycom. We appreciate you being a part of the team!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

customer service

Nov 24, 2021 - Customer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

friendliness, less strict and flexibility

Cons

Mon to Sun work. is painful working on Sunday and saturdasy

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review and we're excited to hear you're enjoying your career at Paycom. Please keep providing feedback and ideas as we are dedicated to continuously improving the ways we support our clients and employees.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Life Changing Opportunity

Nov 23, 2021 - Implementation Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am so incredibly grateful for the opportunities that have been afforded to me during my time at Paycom. The upward mobility, compensation, culture, autonomy, personal and professional development is second to none. I have made close friendships at this company. The work is meaningful and challenging. I have the opportunity to lead teams of incredible, hard-working, intelligent individuals, and be part of a company that is growing quickly and changing the industry. Thanks to Paycom I have also been able to achieve many of my personal goals and I look forward to continuing to grow with the company.

Cons

As with any rapidly growing tech company, the work is fast paced and the expectations are high. This is not a clock-in/clock-out kind of job. Expect to work hard and be pushed out of your comfort zone daily. This is not a con in my eyes, but this is not a fit for everyone.

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're happy to hear you are enjoying your career at Paycom. We appreciate you being a part of our team!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Thankful

Nov 23, 2021 - New Client Setup Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture and team environment, opportunity for growth and advancement, compensation and benefit package, and hard work that brings a sense of accomplishment and pride each day.

Cons

Working with payroll and technology requires a lot of grit and determination. Paycom does an excellent job to recognizing and rewarding hard work. It's important to know that it's a great responsibility (and honor) to work in this type of industry.

Paycom Representative

We're thrilled that you have shared your Paycom experience! We have achieved all of our success thanks to our hard-working employees like yourself, and we couldn't appreciate you more. Thank you for being a part of our success, and most importantly, our team!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Much more than just high comp potential!

Nov 23, 2021 - Executive Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most sales reps who want to work for Paycom may initially be allured by the high earning potential. And that certainly was a top enticer for me as well. But what numerous reviews fail to illuminate are the tools Paycom provides to help not only get you there, but keep you there, and motivate you along the way. While I was an experienced sales rep, the industry was new for me, so I appreciated the dedicated 9 week new hire training to help me ramp up, as well as the consistent dedicated efforts the company puts into developing our sales force as our technology, our competitors, and the world continuously evolve. As I am now a more veteran rep looking for career growth, Paycom offers a leadership development program to help me explore if a management position at Paycom is right for me and to give me the tools necessary to step into that role. Finally, I can't speak enough about the mental management. This job is not easy. It's certainly a grind to be on the hunt for new business in a competitive environment week in and week out. And the job comes with the usual sales roller coaster of ups and downs. But if you can find a sales manager that believes in developing the "whole you", as I have, then you have an organization that's fully behind you to help you on your path to achieving your own dreams - personally and professionally.

Cons

It is certainly a culture of metrics and accountability, which can border on micro-management depending on your manager. If you are someone who thrives well an environment like that, then you will thrive at Paycom. However, if you are a sales rep with a mindset of "give me my quota and leave me be to do my thing"... this is not the right environment for you. While compensation is based on your annual number, there are weekly metrics.

Paycom Representative

We appreciate you sharing your experience! It's great to hear you're enjoying the many aspects of a career at Paycom. Thank you for being a part of the team!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Paycom - 5 star company

Nov 22, 2021 - Sales Representative in Bel Air, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve worked for Paycom for almost 3 years and it has completely changed my life. What hard work you put into this company will come back to you ten fold. The culture cannot be beat, everyone from your manager to your coworkers are supportive. We get a minimum of 2 months training and manageable quotas to get you started. Our commission structure is beyond generous. There is tremendous room for growth as Paycom only promotes from within. Truly you will become a better sales rep, a better worker in general, and a better teammate by working here.

Cons

If you aren’t willing to learn and grow, it isn’t the company for you

Paycom Representative

We're excited to hear you're enjoying career at Paycom and the opportunities offered as part of a quickly growing company. We appreciate you sharing your experience!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,054 Reviews