Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 16 Nov 2019

4.4
Paycom CEO Chad Richison
Chad Richison
Pros
  • "Great benefits - awesome communication with the HR department(in 85 reviews)

• "There are so many benefits to working at Paycom, from the catered lunches to the free goodies every 3 months(in 83 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work/life balance is difficult for some departments but not all(in 106 reviews)

• "Occasional long hours to meet your numbers(in 56 reviews)

1. "Great Culture! Great Benefits! Great Overall!"

Current Employee - Software Development Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Paycom values me as a person and it is obvious. I feel rewarded for my work and appreciate the investment the company is willing to make to ensure I succeed. The company encourages creativity and innovation, and consistently offers opportunity for me to practice them. I am challenged to grow as a leader, and Paycom provides the training to help me become my best. My responsibilities are low stress and my... rewards are many. When I leave the office, I don't have to worry about work. That allows me the privilege of focusing on my family when I get home. That's a huge benefit. The compensation is competitive, and bonuses exceed expectations. It's well worth the effort! Paycom encourages me to work hard, but also provides opportunities for me to play hard. It's a phenomenal balance! I have a voice and that makes me feel valued as part of a team, not just my immediate team, but the Paycom team! I couldn't ask for a better employer!

Cons

Paycom doesn't offer shifts, so the entire company arrives at the same time and leaves at the same time. That's several thousand employees entering and exiting in the morning and the evening. This causes extreme congestion since the exits are limited and most exits are onto a one-way street. Days are long, and arriving early and leaving late to avoid traffic make them longer.

Advice to Management

I don't know how feasible my requests are, but without some changes I fear the employee retention may decline due to overlooking these details. Traffic near Paycom is a sour subject for the community and could become one for employees as we continue to grow and expand. My suggestions are for Paycom to offer shifts to allow employees to come and go in different intervals, and/or create an additional exit to the... West of the company. The East exit has improved traffic and is appreciated. Thank you. The distance to the building from the parking lots is far. Covered walkways into building D would be nice during inclement weather since the parking garage isn't large enough to hold everyone. I am thankful for and take advantage of the parking garage, but I am considering other employees who don't.

Paycom2019-11-15
  2. "Amazing Workplace for Millennials"

Current Employee - Transition Specialist/Implementation Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

Paycom has a strong, family-like company culture! It is very much a work hard, play hard work environment. Everyone is hungry and determined to succeed - it truly is a supportive and cultivating workplace. There is about 1.5 months of training and development & I really feel like the company has and continues to invest in me as an individual.

Cons

You will work some long hours

Advice to Management

Continue to drive home the company vision and strategy from the top down. It is so clear in everything that we do and I love the transparency in that. Keep up the great work!

Paycom2019-11-13
  3. "The Opportunity of a Lifetime!"

Current Employee - TSR

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Paycom is a company that listens to its customers. It also listens to its employees. What a refreshing thing to find in an employer! Every day is different at Paycom and the job does not get old. The benefits package has gotten more and more competitive and so has the pay, over time. As long as Paycom continues to push the envelope with technology and service to their customers, they'll continue to be a company that... grows and just wipes out the competition. Come work with us!

Cons

You will have days where this is the toughest job of your life. Stick it out... it's worth it!

Advice to Management

As long as Paycom continues to push the envelope with technology and service to their customers, they'll continue to be a company that grows and just wipes out the competition. Continue to offer competitive benefits and pay, let's stop losing amazing talent in the sales offices.

Paycom2019-11-12

"specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

best job and best có-worker

Cons

nothing that i could think off

Advice to Management

do your best

5. "Amazing Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-GREAT people that you work with -Departments always support each other -Only promote from within (good for anyone wanting to go into leadership) -Huge investment by the company in ongoing training -Easy to believe in what you sell with the best product on the market -Financial Compensation is better than any sales job in the US -Year End Bonus is in Paycom stock and there is a stock purchasing plan as well.... Stock is the highest performer in the industry and up 1,200% since we IPO'd started 5 years ago

Cons

-Time Off/Leave (just rolled out maternity leave this year but no paternity yet) -More bureaucratic red tape than there used to be but I guess that's what accompanies growth -Less PTO flexibility than most sales jobs Overall the cons are few and far between and are heavily outweighed by the pros but I am listing these three so that Paycom has the opportunity to continue to improve which is something the company... is very good at doing

Advice to Management

You have the hardest working workforce I have come across that deeply cares about the success of our clients which drives the success of Paycom as a whole. Don't ever take this huge asset (your people) for granted as this is just as important as the strategy of the company.

Paycom2019-11-10
  6. "Awesome Corporate Perks"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

Catered $4 lunches, $1 health insurance

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement if you're not in a client-facing role

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - PSD PPA Adjustment Specialist I in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits and pay are great! Great atmosphere!

Cons

We don’t accrue PTO on OT hours

Paycom2019-11-08
  8. "Great company with endless opportunities for dedicated and passionate individuals."

Current Employee - NCS Setup Packet Specialist

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work/life balance, fantastic benefits, good avenues for personal and professional growth if you choose to apply yourself. The company seems genuinely invested in the job satisfaction of their employees.

Cons

Limited advancement opportunities without a college degree.

9. "Good company"

Current Employee - NCS

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Great perks and they take care of the employees.

Cons

I don’t have any right now besides training isn’t the best.

Paycom2019-11-05
  10. "Paycom is Defining the Future of HR Technology"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Paycom is working towards becoming a world class employer and is well on their way. As an HR professional, I feel that I have really found a home in working for the HR department at an HR technology company. They are 100% committed to employee engagement and retention, intentionally focus on culture and SO MUCH DEVELOPMENT. I have been invested in more here than in my previous 10 years in the workforce. They offer... competitive benefits and are improving their offering every year. No company is perfect, but Paycom is getting better every single year. The HR team offers multiple different avenues to give feedback regarding concerns or suggestions. Our C-Suite is present and visible daily. The opportunities to develop yourself and others are truly endless at Paycom.

Cons

It takes Grit and a winning attitude to work here. You have to commit to being better each day - that takes time and effort and energy. The results are worth it. Your work is meaningful and your compensation rewards performance.

Advice to Management

Continue to drive for excellence and dominate the industry. Excited to be a tiny part of the great things you are doing for OKC and the HR profession!

Found 1213 reviews