PepsiCo Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 20 Jan 2020

3.7
PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Ramon Laguarta
Ramon Laguarta
Pros
  • "Good pay, nice co-workers, flexible schedule(in 477 reviews)

• "Grande attenzione per i dipendenti ed il work-life balance(in 375 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Great Company which DOES offer career progression and great rewards."

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Southend-on-Sea, England

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Awesome staff who are motivated and want to help you get great results - Best products, so you are respected by retailers by whom you work for - Great team culture, where people can be themselves and don't take it too seriously. - Wide range of opportunities to develop your sales skills, negotiating skills, FMCG knowledge and many areas which can lead to other opportunities.

Cons

- Everyone will have high expectations for your products and will hold you responsible - Customers are already familiar with products so have preconceived perspectives of their potential performance. - Will require much from you, and can sometimes have objectives that may not suit every problem in your territory.

Advice to Management

I had an amazing manager with 30 years experience. Our team did not have a culture of excuses and falling short of our responsibilities. This was difficult at first because I had been in teams where things were not up to scratch, so it was a shock to the system. I ended up loving it, however, because when the expectation is high, and you meet it, there is incredible freedom when you know you've done things properly and are continually meeting the deadlines/targets/expectations you can rest assured you are doing the right thing. Great team, great management, and this job have set the agenda for my career moving forward. I'll always be grateful, as I started as an RSR and worked very hard for just over a year before I was promoted and honoured for my work and now have a much better outlook on job prospects and career progression. Thanks, PepsiCo and the East Anglia team as well as the West London team.

PepsiCo2019-11-14
  2. "Great Employer"

Current Employee - EDI & Order Management Coordinator

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time

Pros

Supportive employer with get opportunities

Cons

Wants fixed location working

PepsiCo2020-01-01
  3. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Strategy Manager in Reading, England

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great company culture -Fun products -Development opportunities

Cons

-Shortterm driven focus, difficult to be in a strategy role -Location of office (outside of London)

PepsiCo2019-12-17
  4. "It is worse place to work, no skill management"

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Good Salary Good Pension Scheme Don't have use any brain, as it is not required Same things everyday

Cons

sometimes can't get holiday due to non skill management. some manager/office staff are not useful. No training after sign off/validation. No support from other workers.

Advice to Management

Need to train some level 5 so they can know what they have to do on the shop floor.

PepsiCo2020-01-14
  5. "Would recommend"

Current Employee - Warehouse Manager

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salary, benefits, BU outlook, values

Cons

Culture, Workload and systems out dated

Advice to Management

Some unethical behaviour, some do not lead by example and some do not care to follow the Pepsico values.

PepsiCo2019-12-02
  6. "Great place to work for a placement"

Former Employee - Commercial Planning Analyst in Reading, England

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic environment, very supportive. Lots of opportunities to progress quickly.

Cons

Process and action can be slow at times, due to the levels of management the approval has to go through.

PepsiCo2019-11-26
  7. "Finance Analyst Experience"

Former Employee - Finance Analyst
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Flexible worker - Responsibility - Wealth of opportunities to progress and challenge yourself - Understanding managers - Great colleagues and welcoming working environment

Cons

- Process driven - Tight deadlines

PepsiCo2019-11-15
  8. "Ok"

Current Employee - General Operator in Leicester, England

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than a year

Pros

- staff shop consisting discounted crisps Porridge. -good pay -easy jobs with less brain power but more manual. - apprenticeship level 2 qualification in food & drink obtained once all course work complete and practical assesment passed. - good pension scheme if your into it.

Cons

- extremely poor management accross the board . There is no individualism you are treated and judged reflecting majority. This also includes when a policy is breached then you also get in trouble and are on some kind of 'watch list' from the managers. And also managers have no people skills and use threatening language and tactics to make you feel like your going to lose your job. - apprentices are treated like they are disposable. For example in last year 2019-2019they have sacked almost majority of them. So your job is never secure. -work is easy and less brain power needed however it is hard manual labo work. Working 12 hours, be prepared to be fully drained by the end of the shift. - only continental shift pattern available which means working days + nights on 4 day on4 day off rota with no choice. - factory has a very high sick rate with employees bieng off due to stress etc maybe from management so be prepared to work extremely hard. - of you try to advance yourself in ot hiher areas only thranagers hold the

PepsiCo2019-11-20
  9. "Great company"

I worked at PepsiCo full-time

Pros

Great enviroment to work after graduation

Cons

No long term goals to be achieved.

PepsiCo2019-10-31

"Sales Development Representative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for less than a year

Pros

- You are working for the number 1 snack brand in UK and the products are best in class - Great team with lots of support available - Role: Building relationships with local retailers is rewarding, working with retailers increase their revenue through shared goals, being able to set your own competitive targets

Cons

- Administrative duties pre/post working day - Highly rotational role

Advice to Management

- Continue to support colleagues

PepsiCo2019-10-27