Pulse Community Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 13 December 2018

3.1
Steve Aimson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The senior management team are always at the end of the phone, the passion for the work we do runs clearly across the entire company" (in 3 reviews)

• "2 really good case managers, 1 is new but has already come out and introduced herself to everyone" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "In the Birmingham branch the managers bully to get you to do what they want, there is a severe lack of communication between everyone in the office" (in 3 reviews)

• "Office staff don’t listen to you" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for Pulse Community Healthcare for several years now and I am still really enjoying my job role. There was a period last year when the company was restructuring and there was lots of changes, which was unsettling . However this has had a positive effect now and I am feeling the benefits. I feel really supported by my managers and the office team. There are also opportunities for career progression.

Cons

Since the restructuring last year there has been many improvements implemented eg internal training, new processes etc that I can't think of a con. However sometimes you do work over your hours but this is the healthcare industry and its to be expected sometimes.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I think Pulse is the best it ever has been.

"terrible experience"

Former Employee - Branch Nurse in London, England
    Former Employee - Branch Nurse in London, England

I worked at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance.

Cons

Extremely poor management team. Noone cares about your wellbeing and managers make promises they cannot keep. They do not respond with your cries for help and will throw you under the bus to protect themselves. Unsafe place to work for

"Salaries"

Former Employee - Support Worker in Manchester, England
    Former Employee - Support Worker in Manchester, England

I worked at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It depends what client you are placed with and the funding they have. Overall it was good, most clients had a good amount of funding.

Cons

Clients may not be ideal due to issues such as smoking which some clients will insist they its their choice.

Advice to Management

Look out for your staff they are important as much as the service users.

4. "Pulse"

Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England
    Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England

I worked at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Commission, Fruit, Tea machine, Nice office, IT support

Cons

Cant think of any cons

5. "The new improved Pulse"

Current Employee - Support Worker in Leeds, England
    Current Employee - Support Worker in Leeds, England

I have been working at Pulse Community Healthcare part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hallelujah! We now have a brilliant branch manager and team in the Manchester office. Such a difference cannot fault the office now. Lovely atmosphere lovely people. Support not sarcasm, help not insults. Staff can breath easy without fear of becoming a target. Keep up the great work

Cons

Too many messages on days off to cover shifts, shifts do need to be covered but we are entitled to be left alone on our days off. Pay could be better

Advice to Management

So many people have complained to HR about one of the branch managers who has now left the company, nothing was done. Investigate individuals in HR and replace them they are incompetent

6. "Happy times"

I have been working at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time

Pros

The Company have gone through some changes and in all honesty i think for the best. They are putting some great ideas and plans into motion which i am excited about.
    I feel valued as a team member and have i have always been given utmost respect.

Cons

I do not have any bad points that i can think of

Advice to Management

Keep communicating

7. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked with Pulse for over 2 years now and have a good team around me who support each other making it an enjoyable environment to work in. There have been a number of changes and restructures within the company during my employment however my direct management have been very supportive and helped me with the transition and I have found that I am in a better place than when I started with the company.

Cons

It has been challenging at times with the amount of changes happening in the company however these have been managed well internally within the team .

Advice to Management

Keep on supporting and listening to your staff

8. "My experience with pulse has been a positive one"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Bristol, England
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Bristol, England

I have been working at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The training is amazing, you can further yourself within the company and the office staff are very supportive

Cons

It can take a little time to get replies but I understand how busy they are

Advice to Management

Keep your service users and staff happy.

"still waiting to start work"

Current Employee - Community Support Worker in Great Yarmouth, England
    Current Employee - Community Support Worker in Great Yarmouth, England

I have been working at Pulse Community Healthcare part-time

Pros

still waiting on a start date, so far the training has been excellent, but they keep changing the dates of the rest of my training, some is online which i like because i can complete it in my own time, i have not been updated on my back ground checks and have been told by other support workers that there is not alot of work in my area even though it is still being advertised. i like to leave fair and open, honest reviews and will leave another if and when i get work.

Cons

you dont get paid to attend training, you cant claim back the cost of your travel to training. but i guess you could claim it back from the tax man, there was talk of a £200 starting bonus but know one seems to know much about this

Advice to Management

im hoping that the company has improved since the last time i worked for you

"Not a good experience. Didn’t stay long"

Former Employee - Carer in Manchester, England
    Former Employee - Carer in Manchester, England

I worked at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can’t say they were any. Clients and families are lovely. Met some lovely carers, people who care. Running out of anything good to say

Cons

It seems there is a lot of bullying. Staff, clients and families are not respected. Saw it with my own eyes office members getting bullied by management and office staff. Office staff don’t listen to you. When you have left the office they are slagging the carers off. Make you feel you are an nobody. If it weren’t for the clients office staff wouldn’t have a job. Certain person in office always got away with bullying. She shouldn’t be there a certain manager always bullying new members of the team. No team work what so ever.

Advice to Management

Listen to carers regarding office staff. People report bullying but nobody listens.