Pulse Community Healthcare Reviews

Updated 28 Apr 2021

3.1
Pulse Community Healthcare COO Sunna van Loo (no image)
Sunna van Loo
1 Rating
Pros
  • "I have found since working for Pulse that we really do strive to give our clients 110%(in 6 reviews)

• "The clients and the other support workers(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company has a poor senior management team, who have no clue how to engage with or motivate their managers or case managers(in 5 reviews)

• "Saw it with my own eyes office members getting bullied by management and office staff(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"Great company to work for"

5.0

I have been working at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked for Pulse Community Healthcare for several years now and I am still really enjoying my job role. There was a period last year when the company was restructuring and there was lots of changes, which was unsettling . However this has had a positive effect now and I am feeling the benefits. I feel really supported by my managers and the office team. There are also opportunities for career progression.

Cons

Since the restructuring last year there has been many improvements implemented eg internal training, new processes etc that I can't think of a con. However sometimes you do work over your hours but this is the healthcare industry and its to be expected sometimes.

2. "Good"

4.0
    Current Employee - Support Worker

I have been working at Pulse Community Healthcare part-time

Pros

A lot of work when needed

Cons

Inconsistent at times but not too bad

"Too much work for too little pay!"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Recruitment Administrator in Manchester, England, England

I worked at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time

Pros

Bonus on KPI's was okay

Cons

Serious micro-management problems/changing our job requirements and structure every month or so and felt patronised quite often while I worked there.

4. "Just a number"

2.0
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Remote working, flexibility with original line management

Cons

No ethics or morals from the senior management.

5. "6yrs of constant change"

I worked at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Was supportive. Flexible working. Good line manager. Benefits

Cons

Constant state of change, Never give any changes time to work Constant change of senior team, within 6yrs I had 5 different directors, 7 different line managers. Dont recognise good hard working committed staff with lots of experience. Last management change only protected TCS staff and sacrificed all existing PCH staff in a mass 51 redundancies.

"Redundancy"

I worked at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time

Pros

Branch teams are loyal and hard working. Lovely clients Great talented support workers Nursing staff committed

Cons

Continual change Not client focused Purely committed to chasing the money Favours TCS employees over PCH continual redundancys

April 24, 2019Managing Director

Thank you for your feedback. Our clients are always at the forefront of the decisions that we make and we pride ourselves on having an open and honest relationship with them all. We appreciate this has been a difficult time for everyone affected by the recent changes we have made to our operating model.

7. "Terrible company"

2.0
    Former Employee - Care Coordinator in Manchester City Centre, England, England

I worked at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Loved role Autonomous working Good bonuses when got them

Cons

Lack of good management/ leadership team Lots of back stabbing Far too much blame culture Expectations not realistic

8. "Good company"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Manchester, England, England

I have been working at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good friendly atmosphere Excellent training excellent clinical leads Always professional

Cons

Just made redundancies and moving the main branch to London

March 21, 2019Candidate Engagment Specialist

Thank you for your open and honest feedback given. While we are going through a proposal currently to adapt our operating model to further improve the services that we deliver to our clients, this may lead to the potential unavoidable impact of redundancy for some of our dedicated employees, and we continue to work with and support our colleagues impacted in this way.

"Salaries"

Former Employee - Support Worker in Manchester, England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It depends what client you are placed with and the funding they have. Overall it was good, most clients had a good amount of funding.

Cons

Clients may not be ideal due to issues such as smoking which some clients will insist they its their choice.

"Looking Forward"

5.0
     in Manchester, England, England

I have been working at Pulse Community Healthcare for more than a year

Pros

There is a fantastic team working across PCH, not just in my immediate office, but in central services and the other branches. Following a period of change, there is currently a positive vibe running through the business and it is exciting to see how the company will develop over the next year or so. For myself there have been opportunities to progress within the company, so it is good that PCH provides avenues for career development.

Cons

After a period of upheaval and a lot of change, things feel more settled now and the uncertainty that had been apparent seems to have reduced. As with any job, there are peaks and troughs, but it is important to remain positive and pro-active during the troughs and keep focused, rather than being drawn in to negativity and unproductive responses. By having the right people around you (which I feel I have), this is possible.

August 17, 2016Head of HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's fantastic to read so many positive comments about Pulse Community Healthcare. We appreciate that there has been a period of change, its great to hear that things are feeling more settled now and you feel that you have the right people around you. We will of course continue to keep encouraging the teams and share best practice across this business - working collaboratively, as one team, is something that is very important to us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 66 Reviews